onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

3 hours ago, Warren said:

I have decided to not go to this one. Given the state of trains it's too tenuous from Wirral and would require an overnight stay anyway. Given I don't drive I now need two overnight stays to watch PV home games. Nonetheless I am hoping to go to Bristol away with my son. 

I think with lots of rest we are a viable proposition for a point or away win. If we want that then once again goals from outside the box must be prevented to establish the fortress. That means Conlon or Pett in midfield. It means Nash must sort the keepers' feet movements and sort saving swerving and deflected long range shots. 

Think this will still be as difficult a challenge as we’ve faced so far this season.  We will have had a rest, but so will they.  They may see this game as a reset after a couple of blips and I think it’s the first game following their manager signing a new 5 year deal so may be a bounce from that too though that may be countered somewhat by his touch line ban for Friday.  Will be watching on iFollow (is it correct we get the money from this irrespective if it’s a home or away game?) and would begrudgingly accept coming away empty handed as long as we put in a performance deserving of at least a point.

UTV!

3 hours ago, Warren said:

I have decided to not go to this one. Given the state of trains it's too tenuous from Wirral and would require an overnight stay anyway. Given I don't drive I now need two overnight stays to watch PV home games. Nonetheless I am hoping to go to Bristol away with my son. 

I think with lots of rest we are a viable proposition for a point or away win. If we want that then once again goals from outside the box must be prevented to establish the fortress. That means Conlon or Pett in midfield. It means Nash must sort the keepers' feet movements and sort saving swerving and deflected long range shots. 

Folk going on about goals from outside the box, did they see Argentina v Mexico last night? It happens at all levels.

If we turn up there and let them have long range shots we asking for another Oxford type result .
Good teams block majority of them kind of shots especially from outside the area v Sheffield Wednesday at home Conlon alone had 5 shots blocked by there strong back line .
All well and good blaming the goalkeeper but shouldn't even reach him .
This is why we will be midtable to lower end league one this season the difference in the better sides and the other ones is the goals we have been conceding regularly would not happen if the quality of players were as good as the top sides but they unfortunately come with bigger pay deals etc and we have to live within our means and choose players who will do the dirty work of blocking tackling etc we have them in the squad Walker OJo Charsley but we persist with Conlon who quite frankly blocks little to nothing yet he should block everything but for me his like Sam Kelly scores the odd wonder goal but doesn't convince me he is at it especially in defensive situations where opposition shoot and score from the area he is supposed be
UTV

4 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Will be watching on iFollow (is it correct we get the money from this irrespective if it’s a home or away game?

From memory, Its something like the home club gets pretty much all the revenue from the first 500 away fan streams, after that, most of the additional away stream revenue goes to the away team - I'm sure someone will be more knowledgeable on this than me though 👍👍👍

Just occurred to me, and apologies if I'm being a bit of a dimmo here, but why are we playing on the Friday night? - ahhhhh its because of England possible match on the Saturday

The Greens will entertain Vale on Friday, 2 December for a 7:45 kick off.

Both sides agreed to change the date of the game as the original time of 3pm on Saturday, 3 December was a potential clash with an England knockout round game at the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar.

Just occurred to me, and apologies if I'm being a bit of a dimmo here, but why are we playing on the Friday night? - ahhhhh its because of England possible match on the Saturday

Both sides agreed to change the date of the game as the original time of 3pm on Saturday, 3 December was a potential clash with an England knockout round game at the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar.

If we come second we play Saturday afternoon against Holland most likely.

The QF could be played straight after the Rovers match as well so see a couple have moved to 1pm kick offs to allow for travel.

That said we have a few Saturdays off. Yesterday, next week, Xmas Eve, NYE and now 7th January with Derby winning their FA cup second round match is postponed. So only play twice on a Saturday out of 7.

1 hour ago, Hoppers said:

As an aside. We can watch PV at Salford in the Papa Johns Trophy or the World Cup Semi Final. 

Plymouth have sold out. Not bad 5 days before kick off. This will be a 6th consecutive home fixture with an attendance of over 15,000 (first time this century) and the 9 out of 9 at home so far this season is already a club record.

Got Three Nill Vale written all over it 😉

Archived