onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tonights attendance!!!

stowers171

18 years without a promotion ( we are the new Rochdale ) A decade of decline, which potentially means a missed generation of fans.........

SIMPLES. :(:(

correct

im amazed we still get 4000 home fans to turn up, wind the clock back ten season our crowds in the basement division are very good in my opinion

Advert

reality is that some would rather go to torquay away than VP at home midweek against hereford.

the time is now to attend the home games and give the financial backing to the Vale rather than other teams.

we need positive performances and attendances for the next ganes against D&R and Macc

VTID

In my honest opinion the people moaning about fans not turning up should stop and think for a moment:

1 - Some of these people who didn't go tonight have probably put their hard earned cash into the various collections in recent weeks.

2 - It was a tuesday night v Hereford following two recent home games with a decent attendance, and effectively we don't have anything to play for.

3 - £20.50 entry fee is steep and should be looked at being reduced (if only slightly) to attract non season ticket holders to go to games.

4 - Some fans who didn't go tonight, probably don't have much cash left this month as payday is approaching.

So before having a pop about fellow supporters I suggest you think long and hard about who the disgrace actually is.......

Its going to take time before the gates seriously begin to increase on a regular basis, so with the right owners in charge and winning performances on the pitch next season hopefully we can get back to where we were but it will take time!!!

I turned up again last night and i spoke to Bede and we agreed the sooner this season is over the better and hopefully NEW owners and NEW investment will get people more motivated to attend next season........Plus the game was **** and people should NOT be paying 20 quid plus to watch that dross.

18 years without a promotion ( we are the new Rochdale ) A decade of decline, which potentially means a missed generation of fans.........

SIMPLES. :(:(

THINK I'm right in saying that only Coventry have gone longer without a promotion, recent new league clubs aside of course!?

In my honest opinion the people moaning about fans not turning up should stop and think for a moment:

1 - Some of these people who didn't go tonight have probably put their hard earned cash into the various collections in recent weeks.

2 - It was a tuesday night v Hereford following two recent home games with a decent attendance, and effectively we don't have anything to play for.

3 - £20.50 entry fee is steep and should be looked at being reduced (if only slightly) to attract non season ticket holders to go to games.

4 - Some fans who didn't go tonight, probably don't have much cash left this month as payday is approaching.

So before having a pop about fellow supporters I suggest you think long and hard about who the disgrace actually is.......

Its going to take time before the gates seriously begin to increase on a regular basis, so with the right owners in charge and winning performances on the pitch next season hopefully we can get back to where we were but it will take time!!!

100% spot on there.

I turned up again last night and i spoke to Bede and we agreed the sooner this season is over the better and hopefully NEW owners and NEW investment will get people more motivated to attend next season........Plus the game was **** and people should NOT be paying 20 quid plus to watch that dross.

Many fans stated that they didn't mind what happened on the pitch as long as Bratt & Co were gone they'd return in numbers to VP - so whats their latest excuse?

Last nights crowd and atmosphere would have sent a very poor message to several potential investors who were in attendance.

Yes & there's a name for those people - GLORY HUNTERS!! :(

Ha ha...calling anyone who supports Vale in anyway a glory hunter is priceless.

I live in Devon, now previously in years gone by I have travelled up from Devon and London for midweek matches and headed back home after the game.

I'm too knackered these days, I'm too busy, I am on call most of the time, I am married now and can't just think of myself....a multitude of reasons why I no longer do this.

I find it very sad that people slag off their fellow supporters for not attending a game...praise those that did instead and encourage those that did not to do so, but don't slag them off.

if you look back at some of the old programes from the early 80,s we were lucky to get 3 and half thou, as then we are in the 4th division and Stoke in the 1st , why are so many people suprised ! Gates only increased as we rose through the leagues !

I don't think people are complaining about the actual numbers..more it appears that many who said they would start going when MOLD have gone are not doing so.

I don't know if that is the case or not

I do think that the attendance for a 4th div match on a Tuesday night towards the end of the month was quite reasonable. Well done the Vale and well done to all those who made it to the match

Archived