• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Wembley Tickets PO Final

Advert:

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Interesting that you should mention the coach situation.

Now i very very rarely use a coach for away games, i have a railcard or will go in the car.

But i did go to Swindon in the League game and Crawley on official coach.

Off the top of my head Swindon was maybe 17 quid and Crawley possibly 21 quid.

Why on earth is everyone being charged 40 quid a pop this weekend ? 

I suspect Supply & Demand: the availability of coaches (and drivers don't forget) across the Midlands and North is at a premium due to the Rugby Final, the Scousers, and even the Championship Final on Sunday.

Advert:

Posted (edited)

why hasnt our beloved official site done same as Mansfields & put this important info out there, or have I missed it some where in the aftermath of orginising tickets and travel

image.png.4d6ced244d6d944b546fe11ea490938d.pngimage.thumb.png.5ecf16d856487e0a1f7a679dc6775609.png

Edited by Port Vale Paul

Screenshot_20220524-082758_Messenger.thumb.jpg.85a641311d395aa34996427524b7460f.jpg
Still if its 300 pounds fuel 90 pounds it's free at Wealdstone for coaches that still 1600 ok the person running it deserves a few quid ,then hiring of the coaches (they should be delighted there making money so say 500 pounds a coach for hire which is astronomical and very British ripping our own off ).
So on that everyone wants getting a cut but at 40 pounds a seat 50seats on most coaches and in some cases more wow someone's retiring soon .
Do not mind but every time I go on Wonder of Port Vale folk are after coach tickets (they obviously cannot drive and want to have a great day out and a few beers it shouldn't be this hard make sure your support get to where they want go and can be putting off loads off folk on Vales biggest game for 29 years in terms of getting out of this division in coming especially ones with kids as obviously they do not want be crammed on a train get back ) .
UTV

32 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Still if its 300 pounds fuel 90 pounds it's free at Wealdstone for coaches that still 1600 ok the person running it deserves a few quid ,then hiring of the coaches (they should be delighted there making money so say 500 pounds a coach for hire which is astronomical and very British ripping our own off ).
So on that everyone wants getting a cut but at 40 pounds a seat 50seats on most coaches and in some cases more wow someone's retiring soon .
Do not mind but every time I go on Wonder of Port Vale folk are after coach tickets (they obviously cannot drive and want to have a great day out and a few beers it shouldn't be this hard make sure your support get to where they want go and can be putting off loads off folk on Vales biggest game for 29 years in terms of getting out of this division in coming especially ones with kids as obviously they do not want be crammed on a train get back ) .
UTV

Coaches are not free though, somebody has to put up the initial expense. Plus insurance, licensing, advertising, accounting etc.

Advert:

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

That’s genuinely amazing. Where is that? 

Put the Wetherspoons app on your phone and look at pretty any much pub you like in the London area. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Port Vale Paul said:

why hasnt our beloved official site done same as Mansfields & put this important info out there, or have I missed it some where in the aftermath of orginising tickets and travel

image.png.4d6ced244d6d944b546fe11ea490938d.pngimage.thumb.png.5ecf16d856487e0a1f7a679dc6775609.png

why hasnt our beloved official site wiped my arse for me?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Dont want debate this coach thing really but imo £20 each way to London is a bargain,i paid 20 quid for a taxi from Burslem to Trent Vale to Longton last Friday night,so anyone who thinks fans are being robbed at 40 quid is a bit barmy but thats only my opinion

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Dont want debate this coach thing really but imo £20 each way to London is a bargain,i paid 20 quid for a taxi from Burslem to Trent Vale to Longton last Friday night,so anyone who thinks fans are being robbed at 40 quid is a bit barmy but thats only my opinion

Exactly what I said, only thing is I’m taking Mrs and kids so it’s £160 on top of tickets. Can’t afford that at the mo so we’re driving down. 

I think the thing that's rankling with most is that it's nearly double the price of longer away journeys we've had this season

Advert:

2 hours ago, ValiantEffort said:

Can you take cans (alchohol) on the official coaches? any searches. I dont see anything about it

Legally your not allowed to take any alcohol on a coach attending a game between two league teams as it’s classed as a designated sporting event. All the coach seats are tickets so everyone will know where ppl are sitting. I’d imagine a ban from official travel in future, which they have the power to stop you attending any matches. Whatever you decide have a good day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Waynel said:

Exactly what I said, only thing is I’m taking Mrs and kids so it’s £160 on top of tickets. Can’t afford that at the mo so we’re driving down. 

Yes i see that,its cost me 80 for me and my lad 

If anyone gets a pint under £5 on Saturday even in a spoons, please take a picture!!

Ive looked at Jj Moons, one of our allocated Wembley pubs on the wetherspoons app and pints are around the £3/£3.50 mark.