onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

12 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Or even "there are 27 days of the transfer window left" ? 🙂

Haha! If only you looked within with more scrutiny and admitted your own poor judgment on Clarke, eh RZ?

But I love you, in a way. 😘

48 minutes ago, mvb said:

so now you retort to be personal because my grammar is not perfect , do one  !

You’ve been whinging about the obvious for a couple of weeks now , relentlessly may I add ,but any reply you take personally and start making stupid statements about posters getting on at you and you are not one of the “chosen few????”  Ffs  grow up it’s a forum ,if you don’t like the replies ,dunner post the same whinge day in day out.

Whilst I accept the keeper situation is far from ideal I've been racking my brains about goalkeeper injuries during my 40 odd years watching Vale play.
I remember Paul Millar in goal possibly Oldham, Liam Burns also. Those obviously before the days of keeper subs. 
Boots fake Injury at Crewe where Hornby came on. And Covolan red at Northampton and v Swindon. 
Bound to of missed a few. So it's a calculated risk we are taking but I'm sure one will be here shortly to calm people's nerves.
So the odds are maybe one in 200 for such an occurrence, but it's certainly more psychological perhaps because of Mad Cov last season. 
Ps Trevor Wood red card springs to mind too 
Keith Ball sent off at Shrewsbury in a 7-3 loss, Bobby Gough with all 3 Vale goals, if i remember correctly Clinton Boulton went in goal for us..

I genuinely don't understand why we don't have a youth team keeper on the bench. With 7 subs to name now, makes sense in case the worst happens. I know they won't be up to L1 standard but they're bound to better than Proctor, Hall or Smithy in goal.
Do we even have a youth team goalkeeper?

19 minutes ago, MBE said:

Your implying those 3 players were treated badly.I would say its quite the opposite.

The management team told them they will not be part of the squad moving forward and they were free to find another club. Our management team were really upfront to give them the best time possible to find another club. Rather a lot of teams leave squad players like that hanging around in the dark, then tell them they are not needed once they have the squad together towards the end of the summer window. A bit like what others are advocating with us sending Covolan out on loan before bringing in another keeper.

No, we did right thing for them lads.

No I'm not MBE, my main point is that under The Shanahans the Vale are a stable, well run club and a good employment prospect for future players. 

As for the 3 players I'm just saying they were sidelined and I can't imagine any player would want that and I also said that it probably happens at all/most clubs so players face the possibility of that situation where ever they go.

4 hours ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

The longer this goes on I have a really strong feeling that the remaining players brought in will be loans. We might also be waiting on another clubs transfer business before they release their players, but very much feels like 3 players being brought in will be loans.

Its taking so long because we are negotiating with clubs for the players,it sadly takes longer than signing a free agent,we just have to hope that they are worth the wait

I see GK Connal Trueman has signed for Millwall, presumably as backup to Bialkowski.

They now have 4 keepers, so I wonder if they would be willing to let George Long go? He's a top drawer keeper that would be perfect for us. Born in Sheffield and only 28yo.

He didn't play once in the Championship last season due to Bialkowski being an ever present, but did play some cup games.

Definitely the kind of profile I hope we're after.

51 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Jury is still out for me... 😎😱

I really wish you were joking, but we all know you aren't. How on earth the jury can still be out on a manager that won promotion in his first full season at a club needing a major squad overhaul and while going through a horrific personal tragedy is beyond me. Posts like this are why people have no respect for you on here. It is actually offensive, like your previous posts about our Wembley winning manager were. You are a disgrace. 

9 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I see GK Connal Trueman has signed for Millwall, presumably as backup to Bialkowski.

They now have 4 keepers, so I wonder if they would be willing to let George Long go? He's a top drawer keeper that would be perfect for us. Born in Sheffield and only 28yo.

He didn't play once in the Championship last season due to Bialkowski being an ever present, but did play some cup games.

Definitely the kind of profile I hope we're after.

That is a shout but would he want to drop leagues and maybe wage

11 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Spot on.  Not only this but there seem to be more and more “minted” clubs than ever now lower down the leagues.  Wealthy owners throwing large sums of cash around to buy success.  We’re in the third tier competing financially not only with teams at that level and above but also with numerous clubs in the fourth and fifth tiers, not just one or two.

It's not spot on, though. Once Derby and the other "rich" clubs have signed their quota of strikers, that level of salary is taken off the table, and the strikers not yet signed up will not get those wages from EFL1 / 2. 

Archived