Advert

So, looking at the teams in EFL1 – the Top 6 are tipped to be:

• Ipswich Town
  • Sheff Wed
  • Derby
  • Barnsley
  • MK Dons
  • Peterborough

I’m fairly certain that, if we play our game, we’ve got a good chance of taking points off of those teams; further, no one likes to come and play at Vale Park. 

Outside of that, the predications I’ve seen are then Portsmouth, Bolton, Oxford, Plymouth, Wycombe, Charlton, in the upper half of the league.  Again, I see no one there to fear and everything to play for.

After that we’re told it will be Shrewsbury, FGR (my arse!), Lincoln, Bristol R, Burton and Accrington above us.  I think Bristol will be a good side in this league, I think FGR will struggle – possibly even go back down, and Lincoln/Burton/Accrington are defo beatable.

After that its supposed to be us, Cheltenham, Exter, Fleetwood, Cambridge and Morecombe.  I think Exter will be OK and we should be taking good points off, if not all six from the rest.

If we get a good keeper and one or two strikers (maybe loans from Prem League…??) then I think we’ll have a good consolidating season in EFL1.  We should then be looking to get promoted two season later if we can keep the core of the side together.

4 minutes ago, capirex said:

McaNuff's predictions for promotion, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich and Derby. What a surprise!

Playing budget will be a big factor.

There are effectively two leagues in this division. 

8 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

Whilst I respect your opinion,  Garrity should be the first name on the team sheet.

Not sure about being the first but you can certainly make a strong case for him starting. But I see Ojo and Conlon, when fit, as being guaranteed starters. So it ultimately leaves one spot left for one of Garrity, Pett, Charsley and Walker. It's really not a bad "dilemma" for DC to have.

5 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Not sure about being the first but you can certainly make a strong case for him starting. But I see Ojo and Conlon, when fit, as being guaranteed starters. So it ultimately leaves one spot left for one of Garrity, Pett, Charsley and Walker. It's really not a bad "dilemma" for DC to have.

Ojo would have to prove himself in a Vale shirt first before I would elevate him to an automatic starter. I trust DC and if he has seen enough in preseason to give him the shirt then fair enough. I think Ojo probably will start on Saturday though seeing as half of our midfield are returning from injuries and would benefit from a gradual reintroduction. 

11 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Ojo would have to prove himself in a Vale shirt first before I would elevate him to an automatic starter. I trust DC and if he has seen enough in preseason to give him the shirt then fair enough. I think Ojo probably will start on Saturday though seeing as half of our midfield are returning from injuries and would benefit from a gradual reintroduction. 

4 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

wednesday and ipswich probably will be up there though. derby depends how it gels but rosenior is well rated

He is that well rated he helped them get relegated no worries there then looking forward to wipeing the floor with them at the park.

14 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

wednesday and ipswich probably will be up there though. derby depends how it gels but rosenior is well rated

I'd agree Derby could easily have a bit of a mare and be mid-table.  Forest, Leeds and others have been down to this level in the last 15-20 years and didn't do that well first season.  Obviously eventually they will get it right because of their fanbase which should give them an advantage with income over most in the third tier as long as they are properly run(which they  haven't been to drop to his division in the first place).

11 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

He is that well rated he helped them get relegated no worries there then looking forward to wipeing the floor with them at the park.

well they would have stayed up without points deduction with a squad full of young lads and journeymen who barely got paid. did a good job considering. not sure if all those signings are good but hourihane barkuizen class for this league.

Just now, Shropshire_Valiant said:

I'd agree Derby could easily have a bit of a mare and be mid-table.  Forest, Leeds and others have been down to this level in the last 15-20 years and didn't do that well first season.  Obviously eventually they will get it right because of their fanbase which should give them an advantage with income over most in the third tier as long as they are properly run(which they  haven't been to drop to his division in the first place).

They have a very decent team on paper. Id expect them to do well but like Sunderland they could struggle for a couple of seasons. Its always the case with the bigger clubs. The smaller teams seem to up their game and the better quality of players dont seem to enjoy the scrap. 

Archived