onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

13 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Definitely not going to plan. Will be some panicking setting in soon. Don't get the sense of letting your number two goalkeeper go out on loan if you haven't got one already Definitely signed up.

There's plenty panicking going on already 🙄

Advert

32 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

17 professionals just over a week to go before the start of the season.......one goalkeeper and two striker's. The recruitment team doing a marvellous job.

also heard a rumor last night that Wilson may be out for a couple of months 

Have to pay the wages in league one. Can't just relie on the 'presentation'. better players with better agents know there worth.
Live beyond your means and you end up like Bury, we can only compete with similar clubs, better presention is the difference. Hard negotiation is the key.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

12 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

And we will. Seemed to compete alright with the league 1 teams we played last season didn’t we? 

We had a full squad then as well not 17 players and now the rumour of Wilson injured for two months it just tops off an awful summer transfer window so far !

I love the club, owners and management team but I don’t love 9 days left until we start our campaign with only one for striker who couldn’t complete 90 mins two months ago and only one keeper as well…

We have the right to be worried because there is at least 15 teams minimum with a way bigger budget than us and we’re clearly getting picked to the better players out there that’s why we have seen only two turn up so far which one of them we knew was coming back in January.

Sorry but it’s very poor I’m afraid and I really don’t see a master stroke in the next five weeks of the transfer market. Better players will be snapped up by then and we will end up panicking going after kids from the premier league sides or championship.

Gutted after all the excitement in May to be fair ! 

12 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

We had a full squad then as well not 17 players and now the rumour of Wilson injured for two months it just tops off an awful summer transfer window so far !

I love the club, owners and management team but I don’t love 9 days left until we start our campaign with only one for striker who couldn’t complete 90 mins two months ago and only one keeper as well…

We have the right to be worried because there is at least 15 teams minimum with a way bigger budget than us and we’re clearly getting picked to the better players out there that’s why we have seen only two turn up so far which one of them we knew was coming back in January.

Sorry but it’s very poor I’m afraid and I really don’t see a master stroke in the next five weeks of the transfer market. Better players will be snapped up by then and we will end up panicking going after kids from the premier league sides or championship.

Still lots to be positive about. We have some quality players and I think with what we have now we’re better than at least 4 sides. If we can get 2/3 in before Fleetwood, as in 2/3 first team players we will be in an ok place, we do need a few in before Fleetwood though especially up top. Even more so if Wilson is out for 8 weeks already. 

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Still lots to be positive about. We have some quality players and I think with what we have now we’re better than at least 4 sides. If we can get 2/3 in before Fleetwood, as in 2/3 first team players we will be in an ok place, we do need a few in before Fleetwood though especially up top. Even more so if Wilson is out for 8 weeks already. 

Well we have only Proctor fit up top who couldn’t complete 90 mins two months ago due to hip problems and having injections to play.

So 9 days before the big kick off and only 16 senior players fit which means we can’t even fill the bench.

Were playing against a team we need to take points off this season to make sure we are a league one club in 23/24.

If we sign some players this week they possibly won’t be match fit and will take four five weeks to sort them out, plus they have no time to gel as a squad.

Very worried at the present moment 

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What worries me is when DC first came to the club , he said that he needed to address the large amount of continuous injuries ! it doesnt seem like that has happened , it cant all just be bad luck  

What worries me is when DC first came to the club , he said that he needed to address the large amount of continuous injuries ! it doesnt seem like that has happened , it cant all just be bad luck  

No it’s a master plan to, he actually wants to make the squad less fit , not have success , it’s all a cover and we are all falling for it

37 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

We haven't kicked a ball yet and these sorts of views are absolutely outrageous. "Very poor". Got promoted less than 8 weeks ago and managed it with an injury crisis. Genuinely baffles me that people can talk themselves into thinking like this. 

I think fans get way too frustrated by Clarke and co not wanting to comment on every rumour and very much keeps that at arm's length but Clarke has actually said on record that he isn't looking to settle for average and will hold out for the right player. 

Maybe it's the age of the internet, but why can't people just be patient anymore and just wait?

Maybe get down to the forum tonight and stand up and air your views to them face to face Ben? 

Archived