onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Strong accusation there and if you think that or know any of my family then you would know that is the last thing i would take the pee out of but if you could point out the bit where i have alluded to mental health issues then i will happily apologise me owd fruit but you are drastically wrong here and if you find that you are wrong i will also await your apology in return, thanks

Just don't hold your breath!

Advert

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

We have 8 games before the 1st September. It looks like we are hanging on for desperate players, is that really the best way to strengthen the squad?

Its not ideal RZ, it's clearly a transfer strategy to get value later in the market. A realistic when you are competing with some really big clubs.

I would sooner get a really good player signed 31st August rather than a bang average ones now or even worse pay over the odds just to get a player in early in pre season.

Been waiting 8 weeks so I don’t know how one week changes much unless we see this influx or players that Colin Garlick mentioned about two weeks ago ?
Ive been trusting this process but it’s don’t take a rocket scientist to work out we have already missed out on crucial targets so far or they would be in our squad. I’m just hoping we sort this out quickly because when we have only one Keeper and two injury prone strikers I’m slightly worried so far.
Only my opinion so what do I know I’m not employed by the club nor have I played football at a high level… 

I think you missed his point where the poster said he will wait till next week to decide if it’s weaker

7 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

I remember we use to deride Askey for saying he could get value later in the window. 

There's a huge difference. It's uncomparable. Askey had very limited resources in recruitment, compared to the current the set-up, which is why he basically had to rely on people he knew from Macclesfield and Phil Sproson. 

I remember Foyle getting all his business done early we smashed everyone in pre season then got relegated. I'm just looking forward to seeing who we do sign regardless of when it is and I'm pretty confident I'll not be disappointed 

We’d be in a lot stronger position with Martin, Amoo and Hurst starting next week, with Cov karate-kicking and Gibbo hobbling around. Don’t know what we could put out to top that. Bad business.

I remember we use to deride Askey for saying he could get value later in the window. 
Yeah some fans are like a broken record. We hear the same comments in the summer transfer threads each year. People moan, complain or express their concerns at the lack of action. Others try to settle their nerves by explaining the same possible reasons why we haven't made many signings. They also tend to attempt to predict events (end of exisiting contracts, start of training, return from training camp etc.) that may be when we hear news, which when we don't make any signings adds to the growing concern.

Despite all of this we have always managed to start each of these seasons with a squad of players.

47 minutes ago, MBE said:

It's surely about being a stronger side than the one that finished Wembley at the end of this transfer window. We shouldn't judge until 1st September. 

Its very much like the transfer window in January. It looked like a crap one with Politic leaving but how much stronger were we at the end of the window with Hall in the backline.

I agree,i meant i will until next weekend to decide whether i think we are stronger than we are now and there is no doubt about it,we will be and as you say come the first of September we will be stronger than the team who won promotion imo

I've just come on here and seeing there were another six pages added since last time there must have been another signing. And all I've found is RZ and various others slagging each other off and bellyaching about Gibbo leaving.

Here's a radical idea - can everyone just stay off this thread until an actual signing, or a strong rumour, surfaces? 

Archived