onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

3 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Nothing wrong with reminiscing about a player or debating what went down but after a while it's get repetitive and boring and just spams the thread. 

What else is their to talk about gibbons leaving vale ? 

There's still a discussion to be had as to whether it was a good decision or not. People are right in that our opinions won't have impact but that's not why we support Vale! Sometimes it's just fun to debate something as pointless as football. As I've said, if we're not allowed to discuss anything we can't change then OVF needs to close down and we should all hibernate.

I'm not sure why people get so mard-arsey when people don't share their views. I can see both sides of the Gibbons debate and think the club probably made the right call but have taken a big risk in doing so. I'm not going to start weeping and wailing because some think it was the wrong move, or demand that discussion now ceases because I'm personally bored with it.

Advert

I've not been on here forma few days, can't believe people are still talking about Gibbo going to Rovers. I'm not saying Clarke will get every decision right but what is very very clear - he wouldn't have let him go if there wasn't a very good reason. 

I know this is a rumours and speculation thread, I do understand that, and the speculation is fun but it isn't just that at the moment, it feels a bit panicky. Just let it play out and see where we are when the transfer window closes. We have enough players to field a team right now and the season doesn't start for another 10 days. Things can move very quickly and in those 10 days we could sign 346 players all on 28 year contracts and then you'd be moaning there are too many 😄

I have full faith that the people that make the decisions know what they are doing. I quite like that we don't know what's going on until they want us to know. It shows a professionalism we have been lacking in that area in years gone by. 

We've had some dark days, most of them have been dark in the last 20 years alone. We will look back at this moment right now as a pivotal change in the club's history and I don't understand why people just can't enjoy the ride.

14 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Honestly the next signing will be a massive relief for many and to be honest just calm everyone down. 

think it will depend if its a squad filler or a nailed on first team player 

I’ve given up on guessing any signings because we have gone almost 8 weeks into the summer window and only signed Cass who we knew was coming in January and Ojo…..

Until is see some players announced I’m just holding my breath and see what happens, but only ten days away from a crucial fixture against a team we will be battling with this season to make sure we are a league one club in 23/24 season 🤷‍♂️

Im feeling optimistic when we have 17 senior players to choose from at least we don’t have any unrest about wages ! 

Before I get shot…. No I don’t want us to bring in someone <ovf censored>, or break our wage structure. But the next excuse will be the players haven’t had a pre season that’s why we ain’t gelled yet ? 

Slighty worried in all fairness 🤦‍♂️

Decent loanees will be training intensely with their own clubs before going to one of the many lower league clubs that will be interested in them. I am sure Vale will pip other clubs to some decent players on loan, but when dealing with the pompous elite you have to spend a few weeks sucking up before they throw us a bone.

2 minutes ago, 1 said:

Decent loanees will be training intensely with their own clubs before going to one of the many lower league clubs that will be interested in them. I am sure Vale will pip other clubs to some decent players on loan, but when dealing with the pompous elite you have to spend a few weeks sucking up before they throw us a bone.

We have spent 8 weeks so far and ain’t got anywhere closer to having an established league one side that we feel confident to stay in league one. 

17 players on our books means we are weaker so far than last season and have actually spent less in a higher league. Very disappointed so far ! 

Just now, Ben Stevens said:

We have spent 8 weeks so far and ain’t got anywhere closer to having an established league one side that we feel confident to stay in league one. 

17 players on our books means we are weaker so far than last season and have actually spent less in a higher league. Very disappointed so far ! 

Personally I will wait until next weekend(Fleetwood game) before I decide if the squad is weaker or not,I dont think it will be

1 minute ago, Ben Stevens said:

But we are getting Championship ready aren’t we so league one doesn’t matter ?

Unreal statements this summer from the club…. 

Archived