onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

I know he has 12mths left but i would look at extending Wilsons contract,he has proven his fitness for me with starting i think its 44 games and again if he performs in League One like he has in League two then teams in the Championship will start to look at him especially as he will still be young really at 26/27. This is another good thing about being promoted,if you are a young player and perform at a higher level then your value will rise rapidly

Advert

31 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Just putting it out there but if our ambition is to be a solid Championsip club is it too soon to be looking at identifying players in our squad and elsewhere that are or could be Championship-level?  When you look at the clubs we’ve played in L2 over the last 10-15 years those who ‘quickly’ moved through the leagues (within 5 years) to the Championsip all had players who still cut the mustard in the Championsip even though they’d started as ‘only’ L2 footballers.

Baby steps for me. Consolidation is the word.

But if Burton and Wycombe can do it why not. But we can't get ahead of ourselves.

Proven promotion candidates Peterborough are 9th favourites. That tells you the calibre of club in League one at the moment. 

2 hours ago, MBE said:

Now for a rumour……

How about Dom Telford? Flickers knows the player well. He signed him before at Bury.

The player was rumoured to be at Wembley Saturday watching.🤔

This is another great thing about being promoted players of that calibre can be looked at but it will depend on wage demands for any player

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

As an aside to transfer rumours it's just hit home to me that maybe in 5 weeks time we might be having a pre-season friendly.

The first game of the season is July 30th !! 

I read that and thought wow thats early but thinking about it its only around a week earlier than normal

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

This is another great thing about being promoted players of that calibre can be looked at but it will depend on wage demands for any player

True but our reputation will help massively. It's not secret, through the excellent work of Flickers and Carol's cash, players are treated like Championship standard without the wage. Going to be a huge selling point competing with other teams in L1 for players. Obviously outside of he big boys like Sheff Wed,Derby & Ipswich.

On my god it feels good name dropping teams like that !!!

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I read that and thought wow thats early but thinking about it its only around a week earlier than normal

Yes, Play off teams always 3 weeks behind if you get to the Final. Everyone else been on the beach .

Ryan Johnson was weeks behind when he joined us as the non-league final was in June and is also June this year. 

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

True but our reputation will help massively. It's not secret, through the excellent work of Flickers and Carol's cash, players are treated like Championship standard without the wage. Going to be a huge selling point competing with other teams in L1 for players. Obviously outside of he big boys like Sheff Wed,Derby & Ipswich.

On my god it feels good name dropping teams like that !!!

Brilliant mate, and i know this is the transfer thread but it was huge to go up. All depends on League positions of course but we could be looking at 

Derby 4000, Wednesday 4000 Bolton 2500 Shrewsbury 1000 Plymouth 1000 Ipswich 2000 Barnsley 1500 , plenty of other good followings too, Bristol, Oxford ,Pompey. Great division to be in. 

Our average attendance could well be 6500 plus next season. Put a quid on the price for away fans Carol 🤣

29 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Brilliant mate, and i know this is the transfer thread but it was huge to go up. All depends on League positions of course but we could be looking at 

Derby 4000, Wednesday 4000 Bolton 2500 Shrewsbury 1000 Plymouth 1000 Ipswich 2000 Barnsley 1500 , plenty of other good followings too, Bristol, Oxford ,Pompey. Great division to be in. 

Our average attendance could well be 6500 plus next season. Put a quid on the price for away fans Carol 🤣

I think we’re around 6500 for this season so we should smash that riding on the crest of the playoff wave.  Looking at the division it’s clear that the average away numbers at VP will be massively increased, unless we do as we did in the playoff semi and cap some of the bigger teams.  Home advantage and all that.  We need a bit of luck with the fixture list to help with a steady start.  Either that or go balls deep and hope we play one of the big boys at home first game and smash them in front of a big crowd and the TV cameras.

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

I think we’re around 6500 for this season so we should smash that riding on the crest of the playoff wave.  Looking at the division it’s clear that the average away numbers at VP will be massively increased, unless we do as we did in the playoff semi and cap some of the bigger teams.  Home advantage and all that.  We need a bit of luck with the fixture list to help with a steady start.  Either that or go balls deep and hope we play one of the big boys at home first game and smash them in front of a big crowd and the TV cameras.

We just made 6000 with the last 3 home crowds. Had we done a Lard and counted season tickets sold we'd of been way more .

Think we are due to be at home so let's hope for a biggy. Can't wait for the fixtures to come out. 

Be great as fans for Derby and Wednesday in particular to be Saturday games both home and away.  

7 hours ago, Doha said:

I heard a Telford rumour earlier in the month. He hasn't signed the new offer from Newport yet and next week is the deadline.

Interestingly the Newport fans forum was linking him to us ten days ago and that was before we had the lure of L1 football to offer…..

Archived