onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

That game, together with the Stein penalty and the Corden(?) missed penalty vs Arsenal are I think the three biggest disappointments I’ve had as a Vale fan. Canvey Island did come close to the top-3 though as did QPR 4-4 and the 2-0 loss away AT SWINDON when we first got relegated with Rudgie.

Allan tankard missed the pen ☹️, cordon did get the equaliser though in the actual game

Advert

7 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

That game, together with the Stein penalty and the Corden(?) missed penalty vs Arsenal are I think the three biggest disappointments I’ve had as a Vale fan. Canvey Island did come close to the top-3 though as did QPR 4-4 and the 2-0 loss away AT SWINDON when we first got relegated with Rudgie.

Tankard missed penalty! 

Mine include the Stein dive and the McAllister winner for Leeds in the FA Cup as well as the Sheff U defeat when we conceded twice in injury time in the cup 

For the QPR game,every goal was at the Hamil End. The only goal that was 2 foot over the line by Naylor,wasn't given! 

It's been a great day today and hopefully we can keep it going

As some of you know I love just outside of Bristol. Been out with Mrs Osh for grub this evening and drove down Gloucester Road - the Gas Heads we're well and truly on the piss. Fair play to them they deserve it after that performance today.

Well done Vale - let's go and spank Swindle.

FBH - cracking post m8. Class. Good luck in EFL1 - hope you beat everyone except us

3 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I disagree. Congratulations on your promotion. I bet you are absolutely delighted tonight. Anyway as chuffed to bits that I am that we made it to the playoffs ( could easily have missed out today ) I think that only your fans should have been on the pitch as it was your moment of celebration

Yeah, maybe “we battered you” was a bit over the top, we only really tested your keeper once (great save by the way) but we had 61% possession, 17 shots vs 6 and 12 corners vs 2, so we were on top in all the stats except the one that counts.

I enjoyed seeing you guys come onto the pitch, just glad it didn’t turn nasty. Seems like our stewards and the police were sensible about the whole thing, as were the fans. 

As gutted as I am to have missed out on the title when a draw would have done it, imagine being a fan of Northampton or Plymouth 🤣

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Hey steady on, it’s tongue-in-cheek jesting, no ‘pontificating’ as you put it. Swindon and Walsall bring me out in cold sweats (and seemingly our players). 

Fair enough Bud. UTV

I think it was evident from the off that we had come to do a defensive job and get the point we needed to stay in the play offs. We didn’t commit players forward much and we defended in numbers, packing the box to deal with any crosses and doubling up when we could. That kind of performance is right up players like smith, hall and gibbos street, dig in and defend. Throw in the fact that we  took our one chance and it’s the perfect away smash and grab.

Special mention for gibbo, who after his lay off was up against a tough opponent in Caprice, who gave Worrall a hard time at our place, but today him and gibbo had a really good battle. Both got the better of each other at times but in the main I think gibbo managed to contain him and also with his defensive positioning managed to keep his time on the ball to a minimum and stop them playing it out to him. I also thought Gibbos constant talking and organising was a bonus too and I think is another reason why he started today over Worrall. I thought that most of their play seemed to be directed down our left hand side instead, which Hall dealt with well, but on the occasions when crosses did come in we defended as a team really well and Stone was on hand to make the difficult save we needed in the first half.  If I had to pick a man of the match it’s hard but maybe Smith, stone, Pett or gibbo. Take your pick. 

29 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

If I had to pick a man of the match it’s hard but maybe Smith, stone, Pett or gibbo. Take your pick. 

You could also throw in Hall.  Smithy edges it for me. A Smithy kind of game, backs to the wall stuff. Plus Smithy plays so much better when he's got another decent defender down his side so he's not having to cover the FB position as well as CB duties (Gibbo today). 

Stone was terrific apart from some dodgy kicking. That save first half - wow. 

3 minutes ago, toyahw said:

You could also throw in Hall.  Smithy edges it for me. A Smithy kind of game, backs to the wall stuff. Plus Smithy plays so much better when he's got another decent defender down his side so he's not having to cover the FB position as well as CB duties (Gibbo today). 

Stone was terrific apart from some dodgy kicking. That save first half - wow. 

Yep Hall had a great game too. I don’t think it was any coincidence that we looked more solid with Hall and Gibbo back in today. It’ll be interesting to see if we put Worrall back in and move gibbo on the left for the play offs, I can’t see Worrall missing out completely, but you’re right it does weaken our right hand side. 

5 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Yep Hall had a great game too. I don’t think it was any coincidence that we looked more solid with Hall and Gibbo back in today. It’ll be interesting to see if we put Worrall back in and move gibbo on the left for the play offs, I can’t see Worrall missing out completely, but you’re right it does weaken our right hand side. 

Malv did well when he came on so Gibbo Smithy Martin Hall Benning for me. Might be good to keep Wozzer as an attacking option off the bench playing higher up the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Not really bothered, we won the game so it was the correct decision to drop him.

Sure he must be injured. Brought off last game and no way would he be out of the squad otherwise. Based on performances.

Archived