The fact is we aren't going to know how good Clarke is until he's got his own players because like a politician he will blame the last guy in charge for the mess. I'm not happy with the way we're playing but his job is to make us hard to beat and keep us in the league

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not read through all the posts but as it's titled "Darrell Clarke", I wanted to post my thoughts. When you come in as a new manager you have to focus on the immediate issues. If you think back to

Players deserve credit for tonight but special shout out to Darrell Clarke for me. He set us up with a game plan that saw us dominate the majority of the first half. We should've been 2 goals to

Heres an idea why dont we judge him on what he does at vale rather than going off the word of previous fans. There are fans that love him like bristol rovers and fans who arent keen of him walsall. Wh

Posted Images

Time will tell for DC, but I wish that he wouldn't keep stating the obvious to us regarding Askeys poor signings and set up. We know all about it. If he turns us in to what he says we're going to be everyone will be delighted,  but until then, he should concentrate on the job in hand and show a bit of class by choosing his post match comments with a little more decorum. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, saddlesore said:

Yes, Clarke is very good at saying what fans want to hear. Unfortunately it's been a very long time since results consistently backed those words up.

Looks like there's a pattern emerging already here. Blaming fitness. Then it will be something else, then something else. His arrogance doesn't allow self blame, he'd rather make the faux pas of blaming his players in interviews to the public.

Since leaving us he has compared two squads, stating you have more experience, and that he was working with a development squad with us. Yes Darrell because you spunked the budget on your ageing Brizzle love children and spent a fortune on a clearly unfit and overweight captain, with little motivation for anything other than eating McDonald's. Three windows to sort it out and we got worse each time.

Whatever he did at Rovers is irrelevant. They had a large (comparative) budget and were riding on momentum with players he knew. When he had to replace those, he couldn't. Primarily because he gets whatever players he can, with no thought for where needs strengthen, then faffs around with the formation every week. Our players look more organised in a week already, and hopefully results will follow 

Good luck! I look forward to reading the similar comments now and in the near and distant future. 

P.S. you can call this bitterness or whatever else you like, but the relief of Clarke leaving without having to pay him off was overwhelming amongst fans and the local media. However, his likeable personality allows him to get away with his failings.

He might be crap but he took six points off us.

• Like 1

When Clarke took over he said this squad is massively under achieving and then he said that this vale squad is better than what he had at walsall. Within a week of working with them he has now said this vale squad lacks any quality.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

When Clarke took over he said this squad is massively under achieving and then he said that this vale squad is better than what he had at walsall. Within a week of working with them he has now said this vale squad lacks any quality.

Hasn’t he said the quality in the 2 games hasn’t been good enough? That’s a different statement than saying the squad lacks quality. 

• Thanks 1

Advert:

17 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
24 minutes ago, PV1973 said:
Hasn’t he said the quality in the 2 games hasn’t been good enough? That’s a different statement than saying the squad lacks quality. 

He stated before that it was under achieving.

I know. But I don’t think he’s said it lacks quality as was intimated earlier. 

• Like 1

Advert:

He's said a lot, been critical of fitness and the recruitment. and he's bang on the money. He's saying it how he sees it, long may it continue. Much prefer his open style to the guff every single vale manager since Micky comes out with. I wouldn't say he's making excuses, I'd say he's calling it for what it is.

• Like 1

To Phil Bowers question of "Do you have an idea of what you want to do to cover that area (of defensive midfielder) DC said."I wouldn't be a manager if I didn't have an idea would I?So come on let's talk common sense.There are going to be ideas aren't there?"

Reminds me of somebody?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, For Us All said:

To Phil Bowers question of "Do you have an idea of what you want to do to cover that area (of defensive midfielder) DC said."I wouldn't be a manager if I didn't have an idea would I?So come on let's talk common sense.There are going to be ideas aren't there?"

Reminds me of somebody?

But in this instance, it's true. He wouldn't be doing his job, if he didn't have an idea about what he wants to do. As would you or I if we had his job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Reminds me of somebody?

Gannon???

• Like 1

Advert:

15 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

But in this instance, it's true. He wouldn't be doing his job, if he didn't have an idea about what he wants to do. As would you or I if we had his job.

Exactly,it was poor question to ask in the first place.

Comes across as blowhard in my opinion. I hope I am proved wrong. Same as Flitcroft. Member of my family worked as a sports reporter on the Barnsley Chronicle. They did not have a good word to say about Flitcroft. Although they did say they had a good word for him. Which if I posted on here would get me banned. We should have stuck with John Askey, at least until we are allowed back in the ground. The owners have sacked a good manager from the area and brought in a couple of football mercenaries. Thought they were making us into a community club. "Here comes the new boss she's the same as the old boss"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Robbie_Williams_Dad said:

We should have stuck with John Askey, at least until we are allowed back in the ground. The owners have sacked a good manager from the area and brought in a couple of football mercenaries. 

1 win in 13 including cup defeat at home to a club so small I'm not sure off the top of my head what league they're in. No we really bloody shouldn't have kept him, it was getting worse every week. Nice guy, technically limited.

at least until we are allowed back in the ground

We'd be cheering on Askey's 433 with mills at RB and Whitehead in the middle against Solihull Moors next season if you'd gotten that wish. 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 6