3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Would have thought of another line - rather than this one "Stoke is probably the ‘prawn brigade’ this side".

Thought moldy pie would have been better.🤪

Advert:

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not read through all the posts but as it's titled "Darrell Clarke", I wanted to post my thoughts. When you come in as a new manager you have to focus on the immediate issues. If you think back to

Players deserve credit for tonight but special shout out to Darrell Clarke for me. He set us up with a game plan that saw us dominate the majority of the first half. We should've been 2 goals to

Heres an idea why dont we judge him on what he does at vale rather than going off the word of previous fans. There are fans that love him like bristol rovers and fans who arent keen of him walsall. Wh

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Emile said:

Theres a hell of a lot of games between now and end of season - hes not come here to shuffle along and try to keep us up. 

We'll finish above Walsall this season. 

Indeed, there is still all to play for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

hahaha...I think they may have edited out the "grab bags of Prawn Cocktail crisps...! - which, I'm sure, would have been the full comment?

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

hahaha...I think they may have edited out the "grab bags of Prawn Cocktail crisps...! - which, I'm sure, would have been the full comment?

Dont think the reporter realised that prawn brigade was a Roy Keane insult, but hardly appropriate to the Lardies. 

• Like 1

Advert:

8 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Flitcroft said we approached Walsall first.

6 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Sorry to be so pedantic but did Clarke apply for the job with those others we were led to believe applied, or did Flitcroft decide he wanted to speak to Walsall after discounting the other applicants?  I know it makes not a lot of difference in the great scheme of things but I'm interested as to understand if anyone on the original list of applicants was offered the position before Clarke?

I also have not seen any quotes from Flitcroft regarding the appointment of Clarke - why he was chosen, what Flitcroft sees in him to take us forward, how he sees their DoF/manager relationship working and developing, etc. Its not really important, but as you say, it would be interesting to hear the reasoning and Flitcroft's take on it.

(....or maybe Flitcroft did actually give a full and frank explanation, but no sod could hear him, as per geoff1's other thread about sound quality in media presentations?! 🤣)

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid

Can anyone clear up who the first team management is?

As far as I’m aware it’s currently Clarke as manager, Pugh as a coach, Ronnie Sinclair as keeping coach, and then we have an analyst and physio. Is there anyone I’ve missed? Is Clarke bringing any of his own staff in? And has Frank Sinclair gone back to work with the youth team?

Can anyone clear up who the first team management is?
As far as I’m aware it’s currently Clarke as manager, Pugh as a coach, Ronnie Sinclair as keeping coach, and then we have an analyst and physio. Is there anyone I’ve missed? Is Clarke bringing any of his own staff in? And has Frank Sinclair gone back to work with the youth team?

Clarke said they haven’t assigned job titles yet and that Billy Paynter and Danny Pugh will be helping out but DC and DF will review it.
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad we went with Clarke who has lower league experience and promotions on his CV as opposed to someone like Pugh. Hopefully the relationship with Flitcroft will work. They both have experience and are external appointments which is what people have been wanting for some time. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do.

Advert:

6 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

I would argue that Walsall squad is better than ours due to the fact they have beaten us twice and also currently above us.

I think the truth really is that both teams are mid table squads 

What's that got to do with anything? Irrelevant post.

I'm not arguing that our squad is better than Walsall's, I'm wondering why Walsall fans think Clarke has "done a poor job" when they're 6 points off the playoffs.

• Haha 1

We are now too close to the bottom. There is now an existential need to stop conceding goals. Stop conceding goals from individual errors. Stop conceding goals because we don't stop the ball coming into the box. Stop conceding goals because we stand round like statues. Stop conceding goals because the centre halves get bullied. And we need Brown to be excellent for the rest of the season. Surely we can find a good back four from all the defenders we have. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, valeparklife said:

What's that got to do with anything? Irrelevant post.

I'm not arguing that our squad is better than Walsall's, I'm wondering why Walsall fans think Clarke has "done a poor job" when they're 6 points off the playoffs.

They are used to playing in League 1 and think a return to that level should have been straightforward. 

• Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, Houston Valiant said:

I can think of another club with the same aspirations. 

Hope ur satayin' warm HV, bleedin' cold and snowy here but no black ice.

Apols mods for off topic.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Hope ur satayin' warm HV, bleedin' cold and snowy here but no black ice.

Apols mods for off topic.

Fierce cold here, Paul. Coldest in history for Houston. It will warm up by Saturday though. Stay warm. 

16 hours ago, mikey said:

It is a ringing endorsement. Can you ever imagine a manager saying “Norman Smurfwaite is a remarkable man”...ho ho! 

• Haha 1