Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

26 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Goals change games, were it not for the first and third goals, which even we wouldn’t normally concede, we would have won the game Imo.

If we didn't concede all season we'd be top of the league. 

• Haha 2

Advert:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very telling words  I'd really really really love to know why there was neither a minutes silence or a minute applause for the very sad loss of one of our own Charlie and a superb player from our

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here.  We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We'r

Here is the issue. £1m loss due to the pandemic. I accept that. I can accept what she said in the RS interview about the ramifications of it. I don't accept the excuse that a new manager wou

Posted Images

End of the day the players all bar a couple are just not good enough, too many lazy signings, too many ex players at the club a clean break is required, too many ex players having an influence ie. agents. It's all to comfortable all to nicey nicey.

I'm getting sick of it, smaller clubs with smaller budgets showing us how to do it.

Theres always a crises at the Vale, owners V2001,Fat Bstad, Players Mc Kirdy Pope on twitter, Coaches Gannon gate, leaks from inside the club, it's getting very tedious, wev'e not being settled for years and there has to be a reason, utterly sick of it. 

Edited by Mario
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

That's fair enough mate and I agree he possibly may of been released but he deserves better than internet hearsay .

The club need to clarify the situation properly. Not only has he been a decent player but he's also a good ambassador .

He was doing a music night at the club last March that was cancelled because of obvious reasons and overall seems a good egg 

Deserves a better end to his Vale career . 

This. Yesterday’s interview with Sinclair on radio Stoke was amateurish. They should have been prepared to answer questions about Legge with more respect for him.

• Like 2

New manager needed asap. A proper manager to lead the football club. 
We had one. Players decided that they didn't want him anymore so we got rid. Now that they are still performing as <ovf censored> as they were before, who will they blame? Not themselves, that's for sure
  • Like 7

Mansfield have pulled out a plumb with Clough, he's turned them round. 

Grimsby have pulled out a plonker with Hurst, he's done nothing.

Edited by Mario

Advert:

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Crikey Joe,if you want to be a Valiant you have to be a bit more patient than that.Don't expect success straight away,even after six plus years.I had to wait ten years for my first promotion from this league and then another twelve years for the next one,with a relegation in between.There's more pain than gain but the good times are really worth waiting for.Trust me,you might have to wait for a while but the rewards are unforgettable.Keep The Faith.

It's nothing to do with success. It's the seeming inability of this football club to avoid crisis for more than 2 years.

I don't expect much, but I'm sick to the back teeth of us being the butt of the joke.

I'm not tired of the Vale because we're not in the Premier League, but just the consistent circus.

• Like 2

The Legge issue for me isn't the fact we're moving on from him.

It's the manner in which it's been handled. De-registered, leaked, Legge tweeting cryptic stuff, and then Sinclair dropping the ball before throwing the issue onto Pugh's lap.

It's a mess, and unprofessional. As others have said, the lack of remembrance for Charlie Holland and John Jeffers was a massive oversight. Lots of little things (rugby, JJ and CH, leaks) are going on which smacks of people not doing their jobs correctly.

People are letting Carol down. She is known for her holistic and hands-off approach, trusting the people she employs to do their job, and far too many are falling below par, on and off the pitch. Time for firm leadership.

The best start would be a manager in the dressing room to bully this group of frauds into competency, identify the bad eggs, and to stop letting Carol and the fans down. Complete culture reset. No more comfy ride. It's a nice idea to be a 'different club' in how we operate, but the players have really taken the p!ss. Shape up or find yourself alternative employment in June.

After that, she needs to look at the off the field structure. Too much is a bit loose at present. Sort these leaks out, get the staff doing far more than what they currently are, and navigate this season. Too many doing the bare minimum, but enjoying all the trappings.

I have full faith she can navigate these choppy waters, but it'll involve an admission that the approach which worked wonders last season has cost us this season. A shift in culture and we can get all this mess sorted. I'm just tired of the circus.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 9

17 minutes ago, Joe B said:

It's nothing to do with success. It's the seeming inability of this football club to avoid crisis for more than 2 years.

I don't expect much, but I'm sick to the back teeth of us being the butt of the joke.

I'm not tired of the Vale because we're not in the Premier League, but just the consistent circus.

The average tenure of a manager is 13 months. In recent seasons it has been less than a year. 2 years for a managerial crisis is actually a long time in football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

OMG.ive only done 50 years, another 10 years to go ARRGGH.

Done 47, so have 13 left of my prison sentence.  🤪

But would do another 60 as a gluten for punishment. 🙃

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

This. Yesterday’s interview with Sinclair on radio Stoke was amateurish. They should have been prepared to answer questions about Legge with more respect for him.

With adding Taylor and Guthrie it may be that we are over the ceiling on wages. 

Advert:

2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

What advice would you give me FUA I have been waiting 60 plus years 

Remember the words thick and thin and think yourself lucky to have experienced relatively good times compared to Joe.

My better half tells me this is the first season in 70 years that he hasn’t been to Vale Park for a match. I’m astonished he hasn’t topped himself!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

My better half tells me this is the first season in 70 years that he hasn’t been to Vale Park for a match. I’m astonished he hasn’t topped himself!!

I think if he had been this season he would of done

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If you think this is a crisis Joe you should have been around in 2012 when we were being bailed out by the council?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, For Us All said:

If you think this is a crisis Joe you should have been around in 2012 when we were being bailed out by the council?

I know more about that council bail out then I'd ever want to.

It's not a competition of 'when has Port Vale been at its worst?'; just a bit tired of being embarrassingly rubbish for 97% of my lifetime.

• Like 2

Advert:

27 minutes ago, Joe B said:

It's not a competition of 'when has Port Vale been at its worst?'; just a bit tired of being embarrassingly rubbish for 97% of my lifetime.

Go down Stoke next season, Joe, and see if you can put your curse on them!!

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

I'll see the council bail out and up you applying for re-election! I know it's not a pi$$ing competition Joe but some of has have seen and endured far worse.....unfortunately.

• Like 3

It looks to me that the some of the players have give up on the club they would not play for Askey looks like they could not be bothered to turn up for Sinclair the club must have a big cash flow problem. Has Carol asked the players to give up there bonuses and just take basic wages  the workers at her other company must be asking why are the players earning so much each week. The players that have been delisted where they some of highest paid and had to be taken off the books to help the club though the rest of the season and don't like it. if the only long term injury prone player is no where near ready to get back in the team why have the club not delisted this player or because of him being injured they can't remove him from the squad. If a new manager came in i don't think these players would turn up for him'