Jump to content

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall


Recommended Posts

Advert:


  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very telling words  I'd really really really love to know why there was neither a minutes silence or a minute applause for the very sad loss of one of our own Charlie and a superb player from our

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here.  We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We'r

Here is the issue. £1m loss due to the pandemic. I accept that. I can accept what she said in the RS interview about the ramifications of it. I don't accept the excuse that a new manager wou

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, pete vale said:

 

Up to the end of October he was our captain and one of the best (most consistent) players, massive deterioration since I agree, but why? The whole side has been poor. Not sure why he has been singled out because we were no better yesterday imo

Totally agree. Needs restoring to team and Smith dropped. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Issue with Legge was probably the amount of games at his age in short times, however now there are far fewer midweek games, this one then the next is end of February.

Don’t know what’s gone off but silly decision for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

Issue with Legge was probably the amount of games at his age in short times, however now there are far fewer midweek games, this one then the next is end of February.

Don’t know what’s gone off but silly decision for me.

Unless there's transparency we will never know.

Possibly Oldham ( if it's them ) have offered him 18 months deal and he's decided amicably to leave.

All the rumours and conjecture and guessing is no good for anybody. 

We need to know if he's deregistered or not TOMORROW

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


Unless there's transparency we will never know.
Possibly Oldham ( if it's them ) have offered him 18 months deal and he's decided amicably to leave.
All the rumours and conjecture and guessing is no good for anybody. 
We need to know if he's deregistered or not TOMORROW

Talking to a mate who’s a Leeds fan about Vale today and he was saying “sounds like the club is rotten” that’s an outsider; looks of leaks and rumours.

Someone needs to get a grip of the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Possibly Oldham ( if it's them ) have offered him 18 months deal 

No brainer for Leon. At 36, insane decision for Oldham. Revenge for forcing Mills on us though. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to have a time out on here after the game because dont think I've ever been that mad over a perfomance from a vale team. And one day later im just as mad I can't believe what has happened to us and im sorry but i think carol is partly to blame her naive way of handling the club big decisions is coming back to bite us massively.
 

It started over summer yes she would have listened to askeys ideas of who he wants but offering shocking players 2k a week ie theo on a two year deal is beyond stupid and stinks of being desperate to get someone in and agreeing to whatever the agent asked for. Now we are stuck with players like theo and McKirdy who we are still paying to not even be registered to play. Do you think theo is going to get 2k a week anywhere else no chance there is no chance he is going anywhere for the next year and i wouldnt either why would you leave somewhere who are obligated to pay you 2k a week when you won't get anywhere near that anywhere else. Thats a major part of our wage budget on a player who cant even play in the league for us 
 

Secondly the fact that she stuck by askey for so long after winning 1 game in 11 games most chairmans of clubs would of got rid of the manager minimum 5 games before we did. Has that sent a message to the players that we dont have ambition and the club is happy to settle for below average in terms of performance and results.

Thirdly is this nice family club coming back to bite us everything about thr club just feels too nice if you watch the spurs documentary jose mourinho says you have to be nasty on the pitch and we just don't have any of that and i think thats stemmed from the atmosphere around vale at the moment.

Fourthly by appointing pugh and from her interview on radio stoke she pretty much said that this season is a write off and we just want to get through it and assess thats a comment you say with 5-10 games to go again what kind of message does that send to the players with half a season to go to me that sounds like were giving up and just tryinf to get to next season still in the division  . There is no ambition at all with that statement with HALF A SEASON to go. And if i was a player id be on holiday mode if i heard the leader of the club saying we just want to get through this season and yesterdays performance looked like they were on holiday. 
 

People are going to slate me for this post which if they do fair enough but this is not at all a i hate carol post or trying to make people turn on her as she saved our club from the unthinkable but that doesn't mean she knows how to run a football club and i think this season has been a string on bad decisions on her part which are majorly affecting the results on the pitch yes not all her fault. But i think there has been a lot of naive decisions on her part over the last few months. 
 

i hope she can start making the correct decisions soon because the club is in free fall and i dont like where we are heading

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


7 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Had to have a time out on here after the game because dont think I've ever been that mad over a perfomance from a vale team. And one day later im just as mad I can't believe what has happened to us and im sorry but i think carol is partly to blame her naive way of handling the club big decisions is coming back to bite us massively.
 

It started over summer yes she would have listened to askeys ideas of who he wants but offering shocking players 2k a week ie theo on a two year deal is beyond stupid and stinks of being desperate to get someone in and agreeing to whatever the agent asked for. Now we are stuck with players like theo and McKirdy who we are still paying to not even be registered to play. Do you think theo is going to get 2k a week anywhere else no chance there is no chance he is going anywhere for the next year and i wouldnt either why would you leave somewhere who are obligated to pay you 2k a week when you won't get anywhere near that anywhere else. Thats a major part of our wage budget on a player who cant even play in the league for us 
 

Secondly the fact that she stuck by askey for so long after winning 1 game in 11 games most chairmans of clubs would of got rid of the manager minimum 5 games before we did. Has that sent a message to the players that we dont have ambition and the club is happy to settle for below average in terms of performance and results.

Thirdly is this nice family club coming back to bite us everything about thr club just feels too nice if you watch the spurs documentary jose mourinho says you have to be nasty on the pitch and we just don't have any of that and i think thats stemmed from the atmosphere around vale at the moment.

Fourthly by appointing pugh and from her interview on radio stoke she pretty much said that this season is a write off and we just want to get through it and assess thats a comment you say with 5-10 games to go again what kind of message does that send to the players with half a season to go to me that sounds like were giving up and just tryinf to get to next season still in the division  . There is no ambition at all with that statement with HALF A SEASON to go. And if i was a player id be on holiday mode if i heard the leader of the club saying we just want to get through this season and yesterdays performance looked like they were on holiday. 
 

People are going to slate me for this post which if they do fair enough but this is not at all a i hate carol post or trying to make people turn on her as she saved our club from the unthinkable but that doesn't mean she knows how to run a football club and i think this season has been a string on bad decisions on her part which are majorly affecting the results on the pitch yes not all her fault. But i think there has been a lot of naive decisions on her part over the last few months. 
 

i hope she can start making the correct decisions soon because the club is in free fall and i dont like where we are heading

I think McKirdy has been released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I'm guessing that was breaking him in gently ready for an immediate recall at Scunthorpe.

I really hope he stays fit from now on because if he breaks down and we continue with Mills in the back 4 then we are heading for even rockier waters than we are in now. 

We've had our usual misfortune with injuries and this is where the squad depth has proved to be woeful. You can get away with maybe a couple missing but we've had 4,5,6 missing at times and the replacements are poor to garbage. 

Gibbons status has gone through the roof by not playing because Mills is so shocking. He must stay fit fingers crossed. 

Mills had one of his better games yesterday to be fair, certainly not shocking, so maybe we can bring Gibbo back gradually over the next coupe of games.  Gibbo's status is helped by his style of play, all action, never say die.  We don't have anyone else like him in that regard.  I'd like to see more of it from Smith.  He seems to have lost some of his aggression so far this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, valefan16 said:


Talking to a mate who’s a Leeds fan about Vale today and he was saying “sounds like the club is rotten” that’s an outsider; looks of leaks and rumours.

Someone needs to get a grip of the situation.

Absolutely right. Carol needs to sort the situation out quickly, before we slip to the point of no return 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


9 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Had to have a time out on here after the game because dont think I've ever been that mad over a perfomance from a vale team. And one day later im just as mad I can't believe what has happened to us and im sorry but i think carol is partly to blame her naive way of handling the club big decisions is coming back to bite us massively.
 

It started over summer yes she would have listened to askeys ideas of who he wants but offering shocking players 2k a week ie theo on a two year deal is beyond stupid and stinks of being desperate to get someone in and agreeing to whatever the agent asked for. Now we are stuck with players like theo and McKirdy who we are still paying to not even be registered to play. Do you think theo is going to get 2k a week anywhere else no chance there is no chance he is going anywhere for the next year and i wouldnt either why would you leave somewhere who are obligated to pay you 2k a week when you won't get anywhere near that anywhere else. Thats a major part of our wage budget on a player who cant even play in the league for us 
 

Secondly the fact that she stuck by askey for so long after winning 1 game in 11 games most chairmans of clubs would of got rid of the manager minimum 5 games before we did. Has that sent a message to the players that we dont have ambition and the club is happy to settle for below average in terms of performance and results.

Thirdly is this nice family club coming back to bite us everything about thr club just feels too nice if you watch the spurs documentary jose mourinho says you have to be nasty on the pitch and we just don't have any of that and i think thats stemmed from the atmosphere around vale at the moment.

Fourthly by appointing pugh and from her interview on radio stoke she pretty much said that this season is a write off and we just want to get through it and assess thats a comment you say with 5-10 games to go again what kind of message does that send to the players with half a season to go to me that sounds like were giving up and just tryinf to get to next season still in the division  . There is no ambition at all with that statement with HALF A SEASON to go. And if i was a player id be on holiday mode if i heard the leader of the club saying we just want to get through this season and yesterdays performance looked like they were on holiday. 
 

People are going to slate me for this post which if they do fair enough but this is not at all a i hate carol post or trying to make people turn on her as she saved our club from the unthinkable but that doesn't mean she knows how to run a football club and i think this season has been a string on bad decisions on her part which are majorly affecting the results on the pitch yes not all her fault. But i think there has been a lot of naive decisions on her part over the last few months. 
 

i hope she can start making the correct decisions soon because the club is in free fall and i dont like where we are heading

Seeing as you have such a great handle on the goings on within the club, and the wider world of the football industry itself, perhaps you should offer Carol your services rather than wasting your time on an internet forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

Seeing as you have such a great handle on the goings on within the club, and the wider world of the football industry itself, perhaps you should offer Carol your services rather than wasting your time on an internet forum.

Great response mate instead of having a debate about my post and discussing the points which id happily do just take a sly dig instead. I forgot you cant have a opinion unless you agree with everything that port vale fc say or do. Grow up

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Seeing as you have such a great handle on the goings on within the club, and the wider world of the football industry itself, perhaps you should offer Carol your services rather than wasting your time on an internet forum.

This is uncalled for. It is obvious that something is wrong at the Vale. How it’s sorted is not easy, but a good sorting it obviously needs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...