Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Absolutely class today way better than i expected and this result has 100% put pughs name in the hat for the job he seems to of got the players motivated and trying again lets hope we can build on this and who knows if we can put a run of results together the play offs arent that far away think im getting to giddy

Advert:

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't overly get carried away as this is our worst team for as long as I can remember. You really didn't have to play well to beat us though and I think you have far more tougher challenges to co

Worrall creates all 3 goals. Get him off, should be scoring.

Shout out too to Adam Yates. Excellent, sensible summary on the game throughout. Well done lads. We can do it when we apply ourselves.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

This wouldn't have happened before and the players were cream crackered and being beaten easily before.  Now we have fresh legs on and they will want to show they are willing to play for the new manager who ever that is.

Not disagreeing just don’t want them two on the pitch they’re attrocious footballers. Much prefer if Campbell Gordon was given a go and rest Monty 

Very professional and organised performance. Credit to Pugh for changing it. Albeit Grimsby are a very poor side. They remind me a bit of us lately, lots of possession but no cutting edge or end product. Real test for us against Forest Green next. 

Advert:

Advert:

Decent performance that. I'm not going to dress it up as great, because it wasn't. However, the most notable things for me:

1. Defensively, we looked a lot more organised, holding 2 steady lines, pressing at the right points and mopping up stray passes as a result of keeping our shape well.

2. Hurst is becoming a little gem. Rodney too.

3. Monty not good defensively today. He's not the answer at LB. I, too, would have liked to see RCJ given a run out for 15 mins.

4. Joyce poor. Needs replacing asap.

5. We had a lot of luck offensively today, which we haven't had for a month or so.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Much better performance , still believe the players ought to put the effort in every week whoever the Manager is.

Yes . I agree . Brilliant 3 points today . More of Games Like this . Please . 

• Like 2

Advert:

Nice to see we have 3 points and well done all those at Vale Park today.  The players showed they are willing to put a shift in and sprint to get back into places when they lost the ball.  Some of the players started playing again.

Won't get mega excited yet, as this is Vale after all.  But its a start to climbing the league again.  This was Grimsby and they are having a mare at the moment, so we should have taken the points.

Happy Vale fan tonight, like many out there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Decent performance that. I'm not going to dress it up as great, because it wasn't. 

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good