Match Thread : Exeter City v Port Vale

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening All, long time reader, first time contributor. Want to say a big thank you firstly to all of you lot for keeping me informed, entertained and something resembling sane regarding all things Val

If we get locked down again next week then we should get promoted with 138 points.

Let's just keep in mind that we'll lose games this season, and there won't be too many more difficult games than Exeter away, so let's not lose our minds if we get beat. This season will largely be about how react to defeats. I really don't see any side having it easy against us though if we turn up. If we're behind in games we have a bench to be able to change things around. It's the strongest bench we've had since the last century, in my opinion.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Let's just keep in mind that we'll lose games this season, and there won't be too many more difficult games than Exeter away, so let's not lose our minds if we get beat. This season will largely be about how react to defeats. I really don't see any side having it easy against us though if we turn up. If we're behind in games we have a bench to be able to change things around. It's the strongest bench we've had since the last century, in my opinion.

I wouldn’t go that far on the bench... we’ve spend a far few seasons in league 1 and done well so it was obviously much stronger then. 

Agree RE the match. It’s a tough game, one of the toughest and I would take a point now no question. If we are looking to go up this year we do need to be picking points up in games such as this. 

I’d make 1 change with montano in at left back as not been overly impressed with Fitzpatrick as of it. Expect askey to keep the winning 11 though. 

1-1 Rodney to score 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dishydave said:

Something a little bit different than usual so I've been told

I’ve seen it. It’s a nice colour (a new one for us though I think) with what looks like a more subtle shaded pattern on the sleeves and front.  Reminds of the what they used to do with kits in the 80s. We’ve got 3 decent kits this year, especially the away ones. I wonder if the reveal will be today then?

Edited by PV1973

32 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I wouldn’t go that far on the bench... we’ve spend a far few seasons in league 1 and done well so it was obviously much stronger then. 

Agree RE the match. It’s a tough game, one of the toughest and I would take a point now no question. If we are looking to go up this year we do need to be picking points up in games such as this. 

I’d make 1 change with montano in at left back as not been overly impressed with Fitzpatrick as of it. Expect askey to keep the winning 11 though. 

1-1 Rodney to score 

We've had a better 11 as obviously we were in League One for a time, but still don't recall us ever having such a strong squad or subs bench.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

1-1 Rodney to score 

I feel quite confident going into this game. I fancy us for a 1-0 win.

I’ve seen it. It’s a nice colour (a new one for us though I think) with what looks like a more subtle shaded pattern on the sleeves and front.  Reminds of the what they used to do with kits in the 80s. We’ve got 3 decent kits this year, especially the away ones. I wonder if the reveal will be today then?
They were taking pictures of it yesterday with the players so it won't be long before we all get to see it

Looking forward to seeing this kit.

Tomorrow's game is a tough ask and they don't come much more difficult, I agree, at our level. They're an experienced and good, very well organised team. I'd take a point gladly.

I wonder what XI we'll go for? Is Oyleke fit enough yet to play a role? Who will play left back? It seems as if McKirdy needs a few more games.

It's a shame that Randal Williams didn't go to Hull City a few days ago, and so might feature tomorrow. He's a good player for them and one of the better players in the league. Though they obviously have a number of other good players too, the likes of Bowman, Jay and Randall. They play 4-4-2 so hopefully we can get some decent possession in the middle of the park with our extra body there. If he's good to play for 60-65 minutes then I'd start with Oyeleke over Burgess.

Well we rested 10 players for this so I expect see a top notch performance from the Vale or else it was pointless resting them in my opinion .
However there’s a few from the experiment on tues who in my opinion have played there way into the team or should I put can be put on if certain players ain’t at it .
So start with Crawley team and go from there ,I will not be watching too fed up about exiting the league cup where money was concerned it was a very very costly defeat in my opinion .
Also big cup ties attract new support I should know as that’s when I started going Vale regularly it was after a cup tie v Liverpool lost 5-2 (Foyle 2 )and ever since seen lots of games and cup ties etc so I will not take too kindly is exiting the competition especially when the prize was Everton .
Good luck Vale think Oyeleke is banging on the door along with Whitehead Crookes and Hurst .
Hope Pope is back soon especially in Away games where is excellent hold up play is missed .
Tough game tomoz 

Personally think you’re overreacting to the cup defeat
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

It's a shame that Randal Williams didn't go to Hull City a few days ago, and so might feature tomorrow. He's a good player for them and one of the better players in the league. Though they obviously have a number of other good players too, the likes of Bowman, Jay and Randall. They play 4-4-2 so hopefully we can get some decent possession in the middle of the park with our extra body there. If he's good to play for 60-65 minutes then I'd start with Oyeleke over Burgess.

You're confusing me. How do we get an extra man in midfield when they play 4 and we play 3?

Yes, with Oyeleke. Give him an hour.

Agree about starting with Manni (as long as fit and ready) 

I quite fancy:

Whitehead.            Manni.              Conlon

in midfield.

Manni can pick a decent pass and open up defences, as per Ricky Miller’s goal against Mansfield a couple of seasons ago.

Although I appreciate the job Joyce does.

Regarding the 4 in midfield 3 in midfield. TylerB, I think, is talking about the middle of midfield where we have 3 and they would have 2. Our wingers drop back when defending.

I'd go further than that and say its the strongest bench since the last millennium!