onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

4 minutes ago, Mario said:

Don't blame me for pointing out they originally said "Abolish" Not an easy win for me at all, it's a bad loss for them, they should use the correct language to start with, they should proof read before hand , perhaps they meant abolish originally and then realised how irresponsible it was and have now removed it. 

I haven’t blamed you... you might be looking for a fight that doesn’t exist.

It was a stupid word to use. We now have the definition of what they mean.

Advert

As has been mentioned before, it's the general principle of BLM that we ought to be supporting and not focusing on odd phrases and words that may or may not reflect the main beliefs and hopes of the campaign rather than the small minority on the lunatic fringe.

It's clearly well worth our support and I'm pleased that football has rightly got behind the principle. Black lives should matter rather more than they have done in the past.

Mercedes I think are having black cars in F1 next season, as a sign of their support, aren't they?

Sorry, the General principle of Black Matters Matter got lost on me when they started having mass gaverings despite myself and millions others heed advice and try to stay safe, when they pulled down statues, vandalised others and then start to riot. I believe in Kick out Racism and what that stands for not the political farce that BLM is.

"Abolish the police" 

Wow bit strong, wont that actually be terrible for everyone?

"Well we don't mean abolish, we mean defund" 

Wow, how will that look? Haven't you been screaming about funding cuts to the police for years?

"Well, we don't mean defund the police, we mean systematically fund programs which reduce the need for the police"

Well don't say abolish or defund the police then.

24 minutes ago, TheSage said:

As has been mentioned before, it's the general principle of BLM that we ought to be supporting and not focusing on odd phrases and words that may or may not reflect the main beliefs and hopes of the campaign rather than the small minority on the lunatic fringe.

It's clearly well worth our support and I'm pleased that football has rightly got behind the principle. Black lives should matter rather more than they have done in the past.

Mercedes I think are having black cars in F1 next season, as a sign of their support, aren't they?

Usual bias. 

Would never shut up if the prem had a political slogan you didn't agree with. 

And this isn't odd words and a small fringe of extremists. This is the official BLM movement who are funded with millions and millions of donations. 

They're liars in more ways than one.

I feel so sorry for the people they purport to be standing for. They don't deserve to be used like this. 

23 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I haven’t blamed you... you might be looking for a fight that doesn’t exist.

It was a stupid word to use. We now have the definition of what they mean.

So we agree that the word was stupid and irresponsible, but what about the terms

" We're guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism and white supremacy "

Is that the correct definition ? I'm beginning to think theres a dark art hiding behind BLM, I sincerely hope not because Black people do deserve a more equal crack of the whip and Marxist rhetoric will lose them lot of support. 

9 minutes ago, Mario said:

So we agree that the word was stupid and irresponsible, but what about the terms

" We're guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism and white supremacy "

Is that the correct definition ? I'm beginning to think theres a dark art hiding behind BLM, I sincerely hope not because Black people do deserve a more equal crack of the whip and Marxist rhetoric will lose them lot of support. 

I do agree that the worthwhile cause is in danger of losing support because of the ideals they believe they need to support to get equality..

I have said this over and over again... I don’t agree with how they are going about certain things. Do I do understand how being so downtrodden for so long and being ignored in their plight has made them think they need to really shake things up to be heard.

If only the white community has given them equality rather than fighting against it for so so long. Maybe they wouldn’t need to be so radical.

A proper fine mess

55 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Sorry, the General principle of Black Matters Matter got lost on me when they started having mass gaverings despite myself and millions others heed advice and try to stay safe, when they pulled down statues, vandalised others and then start to riot. I believe in Kick out Racism and what that stands for not the political farce that BLM is.

But surely we all support the concept that black lives matter without the capital letters?

But surely we all support the concept that black lives matter without the capital letters? (sorry messed up the quote).

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this but believe that you mean that we can support the statement that black lives matter without necessarily supporting the objectives of the organisation of that name, right?

I've copied the statement from the PL below.  I believe that most right minded people would support this but suspect that the number of supporters will drop off when asked if they support the police being abolished and the dismantling of capitalism.

The risk is that the campaign becomes divisive rather than inclusive. 

"We, the players, stand together with the singular objective of eradicating racial prejudice wherever it exists, to bring about a global society of inclusion, respect, and equal opportunities for All, regardless of their colour or creed,"

7 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Lovely definition from BLM of what defund the police actually means. Maybe we can now stop this “they don’t want” police nonsense.

D5036516-E1E2-466F-92E6-C3DA3F77761F.jpeg

So BLM rewrite the definition of the word defund...... or is it simply what defund means to them?..... I think I've seen a similar argument before.

10 hours ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

But surely we all support the concept that black lives matter without the capital letters? (sorry messed up the quote).

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this but believe that you mean that we can support the statement that black lives matter without necessarily supporting the objectives of the organisation of that name, right?

I've copied the statement from the PL below.  I believe that most right minded people would support this but suspect that the number of supporters will drop off when asked if they support the police being abolished and the dismantling of capitalism.

The risk is that the campaign becomes divisive rather than inclusive. 

"We, the players, stand together with the singular objective of eradicating racial prejudice wherever it exists, to bring about a global society of inclusion, respect, and equal opportunities for All, regardless of their colour or creed,"

That is exactly what I meant. 

Archived