onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Kevin & Carol Buy the 'Vale; Update on July's Supporters Club Meeting

mr.hobblesworth

Rare I feel compelled to post here; despite being an avid reader.

Perhaps 3 pints on a Friday night accentuates my urge to express sheer gratitude to our new owners. Thank you. Deeply.

Often I forget what Vale means... its not just football... its half my social life... I'm a lesser person without it. And it was in deep jeopardy up until recently; the club was only going one way with Blue One as custodian.

I felt a little bit embarrassed for Carol Shanahan at Northampton away this season; as she took her seat in the away end, she received a round of applause. You could see it made her feel uncomfortable. Inversely, I think of Blue One's performance at Wycombe away, with the feel good factor behind him... he always had to be the main protagonist.

The Shanahans are involved for honourable reasons; they are genuine supporters with the best interests of the community at heart. There's an element of charity involved in this. They understand their relationship with the club has changed now... no longer can they sit amongst us in the crowd. Sadly, even if you are winning the Champions League every week, there's always going to some fans who aren't happy... from recent interviews, its clear they understand that.

Nonetheless, I think in years to come, we will remember them fondly... win, lose or draw on the pitch.

Advert

Rare I feel compelled to post here; despite being an avid reader.

Perhaps 3 pints on a Friday night accentuates my urge to express sheer gratitude to our new owners. Thank you. Deeply.

Often I forget what Vale means... its not just football... its half my social life... I'm a lesser person without it. And it was in deep jeopardy up until recently; the club was only going one way with Blue One as custodian.

I felt a little bit embarrassed for Carol Shanahan at Northampton away this season; as she took her seat in the away end, she received a round of applause. You could see it made her feel uncomfortable. Inversely, I think of Blue One's performance at Wycombe away, with the feel good factor behind him... he always had to be the main protagonist.

The Shanahans are involved for honourable reasons; they are genuine supporters with the best interests of the community at heart. There's an element of charity involved in this. They understand their relationship with the club has changed now... no longer can they sit amongst us in the crowd. Sadly, even if you are winning the Champions League every week, there's always going to some fans who aren't happy... from recent interviews, its clear they understand that.

Nonetheless, I think in years to come, we will remember them fondly... win, lose or draw on the pitch.

You might not post very often, but that post sums up how hundreds no thousands of us feel.

Cheers Blackdog,

I know the underlying emotion amongst ourselves is generally shared.

I'm fairly wasted at the moment.. but the fingers are typing it out with divine inspiration. The clarity astounds me.

I'm exiled down in London at the moment.. although there are quite a few Vale down here, to be fair. I don't half look forward to getting back home for the match every other weekend... I used to take it for granted... but this episode has made be appreciate my lifestyle more-than-ever.

I reiterate, to Carol & Kevin: much appreciated guys & I hope you get everything you hoped for out of the experience.

Yov've got my backing 100%. Irrespective.

All I can say is life is good again being a Vale fan. I cannot express in words my thanks to Carol and Kevin for giving us our club back and most important of all giving us hope and optimism for the future.

Onward and upward with the Shanahans!

Does anybody know if there is a spare ticket knocking about for Tuesday night. I was hoping to call down for a ticket after work yesterday. Could someone please help me out?

THe meeting will probably be covered by The Sentinel with live updates.

Saw a tweet (I think from Baggaley) that Max was looking into live streaming it.

That would be great for those of us who missed out on tickets.

Good news.

I couldn’t get tickets, all the Sc meetings I’ve been when there’s been about 20 of us there:doh::doh:

Good news.

I couldn’t get tickets, all the Sc meetings I’ve been when there’s been about 20 of us there:doh::doh:

Amazed how quick the tickets went.But at least there will be a stream available to watch it.

Carol said yesterday that if sponsorship was available for renaming the ground that she would ask the fans for their views.

Vale Park is hardly an inspired name but it has been the name of our home for almost 70 years.

What would your views be if you were asked about it.

Archived