onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Kevin & Carol Buy the 'Vale; Update on July's Supporters Club Meeting

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

What a superb day in a sea of bleak despair.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been walking on Cloud 9 all day after 3 years of negativity.

I'm not sure how long its going to take, but we're on our way back.

NANANANANANA CAROL SHANAHAN

I enjoyed the interview until garlic got involved, quiet, genuine, honest people talking about port vale and what they feel it should and does mean to the fans, the town and the community.

I don't disagree with what garlic said but it's a rehash of what the crap owners pontificated about when they took over.... it didn't need to be said in the interview, it marred it a little for me...... but how bloody refreshing of the new owners not to tell us how important they are and what we must do. It was much appreciated.

If Colin Garlic is good enough for the Shannahans and they have been working closely with him then it should be good enough for those that dont work with him closely.

Delighted that Smurfwaite has gone. Clearly a foul man just based on his conduct at supporters club meetings. Carol and Kevin know what the club means to fans as fans themselves and I hope things improve.

Getting the ground back is really wonderful!

However I remember many fans donning Smurf outfits and chanting his name early on in his tenure. Even cheering him for getting on the bus in Exeter and having a go at Page.

So yes, even Smurfwaite had his honeymoon period and I just hope this is the dawn of a better run club.

Can the club run itself without going bust in a few years? Nobody has managed that, even Bell sent us into admin.

Do we still have the Hughill money?

What is the true state of the club finances after all the Smurf smoke and mirrors?

I could cry with happiness, that man almost destroyed our club, its now up to us supporters to back Carol and Kevin, thank you both, you have made Vale fans very happy, I can sense the relief already !! Season ticket money at the ready 😊

Im glad that the deal has finally been sorted and the new owners are in place.Now that Smurthwaite he left the club it feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my mind :wink:

No time for me to get my season ticket paid for.

Having watched the interviews over again. I can see why Norman didn’t like dealing with Carol. I think she can kick anyone’s arse at the blink of an eye and like the owners wife at Mansfield she will cut through all the male ******** in football. Kevin appears to extremely laid back but with a steely determination to succeed and very intelligent and thoughtful. They deserve everyone’s best wishes and backing.

What a breath of fresh air Carol and Kevin are. Down to earth, honest, little bit quirky and decent. No lies, ******** promises or regurgitated garbage. They really seem to care about the community and the club!

I disagree about Garlick. He’s clearly not the type to be the face answering questions and is obviously going to give standard answers to what he was asked. I said before that he would probably end up playing an important role under the new regime, if he proved his worth throughout the takeover process. Obviously he has done and it appears as though he will be staying. It will be interesting to see what he can do under sane owners. I think his football experience and knowledge will help them both massively.

I’m genuinely excited for a the first time in a long time.

Massive thank you to Kevin and Carol for saving our club from the depths of despair.

I don't have a problem with garlic or disagree with what he said...... I just wish he hadn't said it.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I suspect a slow and sensible approach from the new owners (how good does that sound?) will make sure we are run within our means; whilst the sheer relief that he's gone might see a good number of Vale fans coming back to the ground...and season ticket sales being higher than anticipated? A great day!

We are all pleased and relieved of the outcome today of our club.

Carol and Kevin will decide who they want to employ and in what roles. They obviously have high standards of integrity and are transparent. If they don’t want someone at the club then they’ll be asked to seek alternative employers, that includes Colin Garlick. He attended the supporters club meetings and obviously couldn’t answer some questions asked of him due to his position at the club at the time. Businesses refused to come into the club because of our previous owner who blamed the protesting groups. Always the victim never his fault.

Businesses will now want to be involved with PVFC, a club in the up. By that I mean as you walk to the ground you actually think,

‘We’ll win today’

We are now a group again for positive reasons not through hatred of one individual

In the Shanahans I TRUST.

They’ve put their faith in us, so now let’s repay them with our support, buy refreshments and merchandise. Every penny profit going back into the club, what more could a fan of a football club wish for.

Archived