onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Kevin & Carol Buy the 'Vale; Update on July's Supporters Club Meeting

mr.hobblesworth

If we oust sex man, what needs to happen, what do you want to happen and what do you think will happen?

Presume that Askey will be given the job and announce his own retained list. Season ticket prices would need to happen pretty sharpish - would there be another Target 5000? - and, although not a priority, we'd need new shirts for next season. Will the current sponsors (aren't they Norman's mates?) be kept on? Will Colin keep his job?

Advert

IM pretty certain that Askey will stay unless he has a better offer, we need a lot of decent players so the retained list is vital to that, season tickets need to be competitive to get the crowds back and we have to get a new kit provider as blk went bump. Im sure that once smurf goes, that companies will be more willing to sponsor a well run club. Garlicks future depends if the new owners want to do all that stuff themselves or with their own staff.

I'd back the new owners to inject some dynamism into the club, and I hope they're given time to do so. I'd love to think we could shift lots more season tickets on the back of a professional marketing campaign. The new owners need and deserve backing from the fans.

I think Colin Garlick will stay - new owners will need someone on the inside who knows the club. Other staff will, I'm sure, have to prove themselves if the takeover goes through.

Looks like John Askey wants to stay and I would be happy for him to be given more time.

A budget similar to this season spent on a dozen less players would be sensible.

Will there be time to do anything about season tickets? I suspect there will be some upfront costs if the takeover goes through, particularly around the stadium, so it might be unreasonable at this point to expect a reduction in prices.

Definite to happen:

1. Within 6 months, the usual suspects will be demanding 'Synethics out' and declaring that they will not attend again whilst SS remain in situ.

2. Within 6 months, if we're not in the top 2, the usual suspects will be hollering about they cannot see 'where the next win is coming from', and demanding the manager's head.

3. Within 6 months, if the usual suspects have not received gold and diamond embossed marketing material, the Club will be declared 'a shambles from top to bottom', with a promise that they will not attend again until apologies are made and recompense offered.

Want to happen:

4. Full control of transfer policy given to the manager and the manager alone.

5. Genuine consideration given to how to increase our attendances, both from a ST and walk-up perspective.

6. Whoever is the manager to be given time, patience and support within our means.

Needs to happen:

7. Stability, first and foremost. Pick your manager, support him, and stick with him.

It's a shame that any takeover will (hopefully) happen so far in to the time usually spent planning and hyping up the next season. Any grand plans about pricing and exciting marketing campaigns might have to wait until 2020 - 2021 by which time we'll miss out on the Shanahan Bounce ( © me).

Imagine if Smurthwaite hadn't been such a **** about all of this. If Garlick does stay (and I hope he does), can you imagine how nice it will be for him to come in to work on the first day and not have to work alongside that goon?

I think the positivity from a takeover could be exploited and converted to season ticket sales without the need for flogging them cheap.

Let's face it, all they have to do better than is "I'm not fussed about season ticket sales".

I think Colin Garlick will stay - new owners will need someone on the inside who knows the club. Other staff will, I'm sure, have to prove themselves if the takeover goes through.

Looks like John Askey wants to stay and I would be happy for him to be given more time.

A budget similar to this season spent on a dozen less players would be sensible.

Will there be time to do anything about season tickets? I suspect there will be some upfront costs if the takeover goes through, particularly around the stadium, so it might be unreasonable at this point to expect a reduction in prices.

Sounds like you're trying to manage expectations already, Jacko.

Personally I expect big, big things from the ambitious new owners. Short term improvements to infrastructure such as ground improvements and matchday experience improvements and long term plans such as revamping Vale Park or moving to a new stadium, training ground improvements (possibly building a facility away from Vale Park that could house the training and youth facilties), sponsorship deal for the stadium, a more long term vision on recruitment and scouting to get away from the 20-in, 20-out policy of recent seasons.

I'm not expecting things to drastically change overnight, but I'm really hoping that it won't be a V2001 type situation where we have a short term strategy and narrow ideas.

If we oust sex man, what needs to happen, what do you want to happen and what do you think will happen?

Presume that Askey will be given the job and announce his own retained list. Season ticket prices would need to happen pretty sharpish - would there be another Target 5000? - and, although not a priority, we'd need new shirts for next season. Will the current sponsors (aren't they Norman's mates?) be kept on? Will Colin keep his job?

What do you mean........ IF.......?

Sounds like you're trying to manage expectations already, Jacko.

Personally I expect big, big things from the ambitious new owners. Short term improvements to infrastructure such as ground improvements and matchday experience improvements and long term plans such as revamping Vale Park or moving to a new stadium, training ground improvements (possibly building a facility away from Vale Park that could house the training and youth facilties), sponsorship deal for the stadium, a more long term vision on recruitment and scouting to get away from the 20-in, 20-out policy of recent seasons.

I'm not expecting things to drastically change overnight, but I'm really hoping that it won't be a V2001 type situation where we have a short term strategy and narrow ideas.

It's not a case of managing expectations, I too expect the new owners, if it all goes through, to create a huge improvement in the Vale Park environment both on and off the pitch. I just don't expect miracles overnight.

Definite to happen:

1. Within 6 months, the usual suspects will be demanding 'Synethics out' and declaring that they will not attend again whilst SS remain in situ.

2. Within 6 months, if we're not in the top 2, the usual suspects will be hollering about they cannot see 'where the next win is coming from', and demanding the manager's head.

3. Within 6 months, if the usual suspects have not received gold and diamond embossed marketing material, the Club will be declared 'a shambles from top to bottom', with a promise that they will not attend again until apologies are made and recompense offered.

Want to happen:

4. Full control of transfer policy given to the manager and the manager alone.

5. Genuine consideration given to how to increase our attendances, both from a ST and walk-up perspective.

6. Whoever is the manager to be given time, patience and support within our means.

Needs to happen:

7. Stability, first and foremost. Pick your manager, support him, and stick with him.

I bet you a tenner 1, 2 and 3 don't happen.

It's time to reengage some stakeholders (I chose those words just for you Smithie). Big sponsors, smaller sponsors, box holders, lapsed season ticket holders, disgruntled fans, whatever.

Get some decent commercial deals signed, some nice merch, a competent kit supplier.

Set a competitive budget and sign some players who aren't total dossers.

Just hope to see the trajectory change for a start. Its criminal that we are down the bottom of this league really, Notts County aside the stragglers are generally low budget clubs with small fan bases so we have no excuse really.

Need a club united with a clear direction and vision rather than one floating from one season to the next. I want someone to come in a say right we will turn this around over X amount of time and then put things visibly in place to achieve that.

This then allows fans to get behind it, and has everyone pulling in the same direction.

Archived