onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Macclesfield Town

Fosse69

Advert

Why did we play just Pope up front, at home, against a team at the bottom of the league?Watching that I worry for next season, I really do. I can see us down the bottom again.

Really is a massive pre-season, both off and on the pitch.

After coming off the bench and getting 2 winners, Pope had to be recalled.

However we have reverted to type and look like ending up with 1 point from 15 to end the season.

We have to look at other methods of playing, continuing with the so-called 'Popeball' will see us in a similar position.

Pope has to be given proper support and runners from midfield, otherwise he can't start games.

Why did we play just Pope up front, at home, against a team at the bottom of the league?Watching that I worry for next season, I really do. I can see us down the bottom again.

Would have loved to have seen Pope and Miller up front against Macc.Miller would have had a field day against Jules but It appears Miller is on the naughty step again.

Turner will be gone in a couple as will Elliot probably!

Turner has never reached the level required to be a regular in the first team and has been given a contract when not deserving it.

Elliott is another of Smurfs gambles that will never happen.

The only player who seems worth another contract is Angus who seems to know where the net is.

Quality not quantity again required smaller squad with players capable of improving the first team.

But I suppose we will go down the usual route of has beens and chancers who are the only players we can attract at our level.

Elliott was poor on Saturday, but has shown glimpses in previous matches to show hes got potential. I've not given up on him yet, more to come.

Elliot is a long way from being a first team player, maybe Turner isn't good enough but he has scored more goals than Harris, Angus and Elliot together at league 2 level and is still only 20. Elliot has been playing pedestrian football for the last 5 years, I think Dior Angus is probably a better bet, at least he has scored 1 goal at this level.

Poor old Popey.

He was as bad as the rest and couldn't be arsed.

Elliott looked worse than Reggie.

Askey took off our only creative outlets and yet kept on the sideways and backwards boys - Hannant, Conlon and Joyce. Almost like he wasn't that bothered about preventing Macc from winning. Wonder why?

Archived