onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Stoke C U21

Fosse69

Advert

Having read this topic again it seems quite a few posting see this game as Vale v Stoke and absolutely nothing to do with the Checkatrade Trophy.

That’s how I see it. Win this game and get knocked out in the next round would please > 90% of our supporters.

Always looks bad from the camera angle as the Family Stand is sparsely populated for evening games, one of the downsides of cheap tickets I suppose is that families with kids can miss as many as they like and still get reasonable value for money.

And there is a serious point about the new SKY red button system in the Championship which has led to massive gaps in the crowd and sparse away followings (Derby aside), night matches are a ballache for many people and the temptation to just watch it on the telly and save yourself a headache is always there.

At Sheff Utd earlier in the season it was exactly the same, 20,000 odd announced and far less in the stadium.

Why not show attendance and seats sold? Or not bother with either? Only marketing need to know.

Why not show attendance and seats sold? Or not bother with either? Only marketing need to know.

I agree.

Pretty much every club does it though don’t they? I’ve sat in games at a Old Trafford, the Etihad and the Emirates where 25% of the seats have been empty and a sell out has been declared.

I've heard Charlie's been on a diet since last Christmas?:banghead:

Put Anthony Kay in to mark the FB he doesn’t take any prisoners. With not playing yesterday Aspin has no excuse for fielding a weakened team.If he does and we lose he should be sacked because it is the only competition we have a chance of winning now we are stuck in mid table.

I fully expect Aspo to ignore all the hype and treat the game as he has the other 3 in this competition.

So, fringe players and possibly some game time for those returning from injury.

For all its flaws, this has been a useful side show in Vale's season, allowing them to give game time to those not playing regularly and bringing in some extra cash.

There is no reason whatsoever to change anything.

I think Aspin should continue with the same team he’s been playing throughout the competition. The big question is what team Stoke will play, will they continue with their youngsters or play a stronger team.

They have to continue with their youngsters as they have to field u21s don’t they ???

They have to continue with their youngsters as they have to field u21s don’t they ???

They do - but can field, I think, two overage players. So we might see members of the first team squad turn out. Vale are under no such sanction but can only make a limited number of changes from the last league game - which was Yeovil away.

Archived