Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Stoke C U21

Fosse69

Advert

2 minute guide to Port Vale vs Stoke City u21

Head to head: 0 wins, 0 draws, 0 defeats

Last time we met: we haven't

Players to appear for both sides: Theo Vassell maybe?

Man in charge: Not sure but it isn't Gary Rowett

Stats and figures: n/a

Not a derby and won't be convinced otherwise. It just cements that fact that this competition is an absolute joke and has been ruined by the people at the top who don't give a **** about us.

Fair play if you want to go watch a no-win reserve game.

Does it? We’ve sold less than 3k and they’ve sold more than 4K. Can’t see us shifting 1k + today and tomorrow.

3k is a massive percentage of our home Gates so Stokes 4K a small percentage of their 25kbsupport. To that extent Vale fans have shown massive commitment to the club despite this crap competition. Score Vale 3-1. Wembley here we come. Best thing to do is to let Sjoke score then they will defo lose!

About 3150 vale have sold so young lad in ticket office told me at 4pm this afternoon

Would not give me one at first as I’m not a season ticket holder still said no after showing him my tattoo

Luckily I was on the database so sold me one in the end

How many people have been turned away. How is a tattoo not enough

How many people have been turned away. How is a tattoo not enough

We were getting Macc tickets this morning while a bloke was having a rant because they wouldn’t sell him a ticket. He didn’t have a season ticket and wasn’t on the database. He was saying it made him think he wasn’t going to support Vale any more. He said “ask me anything about Vale” so I said, how many games have you seen this season and he said, one, Sunderland. Another cheap ticket game!!!!

Looks like him withdrawing his support won’t be a disaster for us!

We were getting Macc tickets this morning while a bloke was having a rant because they wouldn’t sell him a ticket. He didn’t have a season ticket and wasn’t on the database. He was saying it made him think he wasn’t going to support Vale any more. He said “ask me anything about Vale” so I said, how many games have you seen this season and he said, one, Sunderland. Another cheap ticket game!!!!

Fans come in many guises and patterns of attendance. A fan is a fan if he comes to watch his team play, be it once a season or 46 games a season.

Assuming he was telling the truth, we shoot ourselves in the foot if we're turning away ticket sales.

Believe it or not, not everybody can afford football week in, week out.

Fans come in many guises and patterns of attendance. A fan is a fan if he comes to watch his team play, be it once a season or 46 games a season.

Assuming he was telling the truth, we shoot ourselves in the foot if we're turning away ticket sales.

Believe it or not, not everybody can afford football week in, week out.

I completely agree with you, Smithie, but this bloke was being completely irrational. He claimed not to know he needed a season ticket yet it had been on Radio Stoke, in the Sentinel, on all the websites. He didn't seem to accept that the club was doing its best to segregate supporters for obvious reasons and thought the rule should be broken for him.

I very much doubt we have turned away any regular supporters. As has been shown above, if you are on the database you get a ticket.

There you go again...elitist star fans attitude as if coming to the club to attempt to go a one off game (As is his right) is somehow not good enough and a rejection of someone who does not go on a regular basis as if it is some kind of 'class rejection'

This is what puts myself and many others from attending...this self righteous attitude that you are somehow better than many who probably want to go but don't always get opportunity

On the other side of the coin, Vale are a disgrace for turning people away. Show some common sense you will always get opposing fans in other areas of the ground. Again another example of the club showing a snotty attitude to anyone who does not hold a season ticket

Vale deserve the low crowds they get

There you go again...elitist star fans attitude as if coming to the club to attempt to go a one off game (As is his right) is somehow not good enough and a rejection of someone who does not go on a regular basis as if it is some kind of 'class rejection'

Rubbish. I am not elitist. You really do talk out of your bottom at times. Read post 101. This was not a rejection of this person as a fan. It was simply that he thought he should be somehow special and the rules should not apply to him. He was the elitist, not me.

As for the "class rejection" .... what planet are you on??

Archived