onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Justice for big Danny

cast

I’ve been on here since it was called ‘onevaledaninbristol’. Read it daily, but never post. Until now.

‘Source of the Trent’ aka big Danny banned!! Well I’ve know him for 30 years.. he’s had season ticket for years.. cracking lad.. passionate about Vale and years of measured insightful messages on here, then gets banned for a pop at Smurf..!!! My god

Please ban and delete my account as well.. I’m out.

Advert

I’ve been on here since it was called ‘onevaledaninbristol’. Read it daily, but never post. Until now.

‘Source of the Trent’ aka big Danny banned!! Well I’ve know him for 30 years.. he’s had season ticket for years.. cracking lad.. passionate about Vale and years of measured insightful messages on here, then gets banned for a pop at Smurf..!!! My god

I'm sure we'll all miss you and your ten posts. A great loss to the site.

I liked SotT and without seeing his banned post, certainly wouldn't place him in the same bracket as the likes of REP and Michael's various pseudonyms. Rob does seem pretty fair with his bannings though so guess it's horses for courses. Think we may as well lock the Brexit thread now.

Also contact rob or one of the other admins see if theres any chance he will let him back on but i doubt he will be as if someone else got banned then they would try get one of there mates get them back on there site. Theres always the possibillity anyway he could register again on this site under a different name but would have to use a different email address i think.

I don't think I know the fella but like his style and much of what he posts on here. I didn't see the post that got him banned but as has been posted above he knew what he was posting would likely lead to a ban so he knew that it was coming. Knowing how the site works it'll only be a limited ban I'd guess and he'll be back on here before long giving us remoaners a voice against them nasty gammoners......and giving Smurf more grief possibly with a little less vigour.

Theres always the possibillity anyway he could register again on this site under a different name but would have to use a different email address i think.

It's more complex than that. We ban the person not the username and I have a number of tools to hand to ensure that banned users don't simply re-register. It isn't foolproof but it is more difficult for a banned user to return than simply registering under a different email address. One previous banned user (from some years ago) must have tried seven or eight different usernames to re-register and I have rejected them all.

That is why I make it very clear to everyone that you need to think about what you are saying and obey the rules because once you are banned, you are banned. It is very much the end of your relationship with OVF.

It's more complex than that. We ban the person not the username and I have a number of tools to hand to ensure that banned users don't simply re-register. It isn't foolproof but it is more difficult for a banned user to return than simply registering under a different email address. One previous banned user (from some years ago) must have tried seven or eight different usernames to re-register and I have rejected them all.

That is why I make it very clear to everyone that you need to think about what you are saying and obey the rules because once you are banned, you are banned. It is very much the end of your relationship with OVF.

As a mater of interest Rob you banned REP from here some time ago. He actually did some very good work for Port Vale FC especially the link with away fans on here. I realise he was obnoxious to some posters and don't know the true reason for his ban but he was actually a devout Valiant attending many home and away games. Presumably he used incorrect language or some other such no no to be permenantly banned?

Archived