onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blakeman put in his place by Aspo!

smithie

Good to hear Aspo not accommodate Blakeman's nonsense about Monty. Blakeman was the first to mention anything about Monty not being fully fit then tried the ''I'm just saying what the fans are saying'' line.

I'd love to see exactly how many texts/tweet s Blakeman saw from fans saying Monty wasn't match-fit... I suspect zero.

Well done Aspo for calling out his rubbish.

Advert

I can't be doing with Blakeman but he asked an obvious question IMO.

When Montano came on for the 2nd half with a strapped up knee I actually said "I bet he doesn't last the match!" The guy is a crock - seemingly mentally as much as physically, judging by how he couldn't wait to get off the pitch, together with Aspin's remarks recently about modern players not being the same as when he played and having to be mentally right when having had a knock (& he was clearly referring to Montano).

I also noticed that Pope didn't seem impressed with Montano when he started to make his way towards the tunnel & told him to get off the pitch in no uncertain terms.

Aspin clearly f00ked up with his substitutions & formation which effectively conceded the game at half-time, so maybe he was embarrassed & rueful of that, or just plain frustrated that Montano has broken down yet again?

Good to hear Aspo not accommodate Blakeman's nonsense about Monty. Blakeman was the first to mention anything about Monty not being fully fit then tried the ''I'm just saying what the fans are saying'' line.

I'd love to see exactly how many texts/tweet s Blakeman saw from fans saying Monty wasn't match-fit... I suspect zero.

Well done Aspo for calling out his rubbish.

For once I agree with Blakeman he was right in asking the question, I was surprised to see Monty on the bench and even more surprised to see him heavily strapped coming on for the second half.

I can't be doing with Blakeman but he asked an obvious question IMO.

When Montano came on for the 2nd half with a strapped up knee I actually said "I bet he doesn't last the match!" The guy is a crock - seemingly mentally as much as physically, judging by how he couldn't wait to get off the pitch, together with Aspin's remarks recently about modern players not being the same as when he played and having to be mentally right when having had a knock (& he was clearly referring to Montano).

I also noticed that Pope didn't seem impressed with Montano when he started to make his way towards the tunnel & told him to get off the pitch in no uncertain terms.

Aspin clearly f00ked up with his substitutions & formation which effectively conceded the game at half-time, so maybe he was embarrassed & rueful of that, or just plain frustrated that Montano has broken down yet again?

Aspo is always polite even when fielding the usual garbage that passes for questions from Radio Stoke staff. If Blakeman had asked him what the thinking was behind the two subs he'd have got a straight answer.

If Blakeman had asked him what the thinking was behind the two subs he'd have got a straight answer.

I couldn't believe that Blakeman didn't ask Aspin why he made those 2 subs, as surely that was the huge question on everyone's mind as soon as they were made, being 2-0 down at home and then making such ridiculous substitutions.

If Monty had been fit, I’d have brought him on LB and put Rawlinson and Legge CB with Clark RB. Smith was all over the shop on the night.

I felt for Whitfield a bit because he got no service, Miller was poor but I’m not sure we had an alternative. I’d have been tempted to try Hardcastle before Joyce since I thought Hardcastle had played well on his debut. All of which might not have worked (rearranging deckchairs on a local brewery comes to mind) but he did have to shake it up a bit at half time.

I wouldn't normally say a guy who scored a scrappy last-minute goal is then worth a full half the next game. However it was obvious Miller wasn't doing much and we were two down, so if we were just hoping Kanu would do something special I'd understand it.

I certainly didn't understand leaving Pope up top on his own when we needed two goals.

The biggest question is: who the hell cleared him to play??? So what if he trained yesterday, and that it was a freak impact injury. He should never had been anywhere near the bench, other than to hand out bibs to the subs going for a warm up!

How absolutely desperate is Aspin for him to play?

Coming on with a taping, that almost looked like a bloody donjoy! Any resposible physio would have said ‘no way, no how!’

Blakeman completely right to ask that question because it's what what we all were thinking Aspin just mard arsing because he made a complete pigs ear of the game but yet again doesn't want take responsibility, Aspin says he's not stupid but I beg to differ, even Stevie Wonder cud see Montano was still injured when he came on.

Have to disagree entirely with the post.

Here is my slant on it.

0-2 down and chasing the game having already lost a key/ star player in Manny. He takes off 2 goalscoring threats ( admittedly neither did anything )

Brings on a holding midfielder, basically a clone of Joyce and Montano for his first game in ages with strapping on his leg.

Also in my humble opinion to play in a position where 90 % of the time most of us on here were universal in saying he was cack .

He has excelled at LB but not as a winger.

Huge risk that backfired wildly, leaving us with 10 men for half an hour.

And i am sorry to say this but if Montano is now out for another period of time then one person is to blame, initials NA

We need to get Montano out of the club in January and get a replacement in. He's managed about six good games for us in over a year.

Signed a contract extension. He is a good player albeit injury prone, but IMO is only a good player at left back.

A fully fit Montano is a shoe in at left back moving Clark to right back and Rawlinson at centre half. Smith dropped.

Archived