onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blakeman put in his place by Aspo!

smithie

The biggest question is: who the hell cleared him to play??? So what if he trained yesterday, and that it was a freak impact injury. He should never had been anywhere near the bench, other than to hand out bibs to the subs going for a warm up!

How absolutely desperate is Aspin for him to play?

Coming on with a taping, that almost looked like a bloody donjoy! Any resposible physio would have said ‘no way, no how!’

But has it been confirmed Montano has aggravated his original injury?And if the size of a bandage dictate's whether someone should be allowed to play,then why oh why didn't the Exeter manager haul off his goalkeeper Saturday,as there's no way he should have been allowed to play with practically a turban on his head.

Advert

We need to get Montano out of the club in January and get a replacement in. He's managed about six good games for us in over a year.

I certainly don't agree with the sentiment of getting him out of the club. But equally I don't think hes a left back, he had some good games for us at the back end of last season. Not so much this season. But I can't help but feel that it seems it will be Aspins pet project to try and turn him in to a full back. I'd prefer to keep Clark there on the left over Monty even when hes fit. I know that football is about the here and now but I'd rather be seeing us with Gibbons and Clark as the full backs, because then we're also developing our own players because we have very few saleable assetts as a club.

Overall if Monty said he was fit and if the physio said it too then how can Aspin be blamed for that?

Good to hear Aspo not accommodate Blakeman's nonsense about Monty. Blakeman was the first to mention anything about Monty not being fully fit then tried the ''I'm just saying what the fans are saying'' line.

I'd love to see exactly how many texts/tweet s Blakeman saw from fans saying Monty wasn't match-fit... I suspect zero.

Well done Aspo for calling out his rubbish.

Obviously fit then wasn't he?

He was fit, but got injured fouling their player. If you were there you'd have seen it.

But Smithie, he'd got a bandage on his knee (don't know if it was related to the injury), he has a record of injuries and just returning from injury and bringing him on for 45 mins and using up the last sub spot, doesn't make any sense to me, it was a 10 man team waiting to happen. Bet Aspin won't do it again.

Sometimes players need protecting from themselves, shows willingness and good spirit from Montano though.

That's the funniest thing I've read on here for ages!

I do my best :laugh:

The point I was making was that anyone who was there surely saw Montano go in heavily on the other bloke - in fact I wondered at first if Montano was staying down hoping to avold a booking.

I do my best :laugh:

The point I was making was that anyone who was there surely saw Montano go in heavily on the other bloke - in fact I wondered at first if Montano was staying down hoping to avold a booking.

I concur, it was a possible yellow for Montano and the ref also missed a stonewaller by Rawlinson very early on.

One of those ' oh it's too early in the game to book him ' moments, which is garbage, a foul is a foul whether 3rd minute or 68th minute.

People like the Ferns gimp will always find a way, no matter how lo they have to stoop! As many people who have played football will know, going on to the pitch with a bandage on isn't necessarily indicative of carrying an injury - the extra strapping to knee, say, or ankle gives the player more confidence that he can stand up to the rigours of the game. Not sure Aspo's comments about the modern player is just aimed at Monty? Didn't we have an ongoing problem with Forrester last year?

Archived