onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Attack from the beginning, give the crowd something to shout about. Montano fitness improving and can be released from defensive duties now vacancy filled, more attacking options with a loan player or two? Hopeful of news of Oyelake sorely missed in midfield, and Conlon. Facing a difficult task against a team in 5th place, unbeaten since the opening day and in fine form. They have a cup game on Tuesday but it should not be too strenuous against Oxford and gives us a chance to assess them. Looking like a draw at best.

Advert

We need 3 points if we are going to continue to lose away games. I would take a point though as they are likely to be a physical, organised outfit that are useful from set pieces.

If Manny or Conlon is back then one of them has to play alongside Joyce. If not then Hannant should be given a chance in the middle to give us some energy and forward play. Gibbons needs to come back in.

I’m losing faith in Aspin to implement any of this, though. I’m not even sure what I’m expecting us to start with.

I think Aspin tactics and team selection were very significant factors in the defeats at Carlisle and Tranmere. If he picks 4 central defenders yet again, then instructs long ball with no distribution by the fullbacks / wingbacks and the outcome is as poor as it was in those games sporting wise and entertainment wise then that is it for the season for me. I am not wasting most of my Saturdays traveling to Stoke to watch this rubbish.

We have become a L2 club with limited finances due to very poor leadership at owner / chair level.

Like virtually everyone I don't like our current style of play and can only see it leading to failure, it has to change and possibly will with the return of the two injured midfielders.

We are very unlikely to climb the leagues until the running of the club from the top changes, either in the approach taken or in ownership, or both.

I think Aspin tactics and team selection were very significant factors in the defeats at Carlisle and Tranmere. If he picks 4 central defenders yet again, then instructs long ball with no distribution by the fullbacks / wingbacks and the outcome is as poor as it was in those games sporting wise and entertainment wise then that is it for the season for me. I am not wasting most of my Saturdays traveling to Stoke to watch this rubbish.

That's what I've decided aswell,it's not the journey just the tactically inept performances which leaves me depressed.

As I’ve asked the fellas from Radio Stoke on twitter (still no reply); why don’t they ask Aspin the hard questions? About the tactics? The team selection? Why he plays players out of position constantly? Etc etc

Like after the Carlisle game, where he sole handedly, bodged the first half, by changing formation and personnel. If that is not the time to ask challenging questions to the guy, when on earth is???

Aspin speaks of being consistent away after the Carlisle game. Then why on earth, is the follow up question put to him not "speaking of consistency, isn't it hard for the players to be consistent, with the major change of formation and personnel tonight?"

That is a legitimate question for a serious journalist to ask, but not at Vale! Instead, Aspin gets away with answering the same platitudes loss after loss. That is just plain bad, lazy 'journalism'!

And the so called ‘press conference’ every Monday and Thursday, are becoming so boring and repetitive, even I could sit there and answer the questions the same way.

Basically, the ‘interviewer’ are human mic stands...

Ask the hard questions, make the man give real answers and resonate on bad decisions. Right now, the hardest question asked, is the injury update... seriously???

Perhaps we, the fans, could try to understand why he does what he does, an makes the decisions he makes. If only they would ask him the questions!

Otherwise, we could just scrap the so called ‘press conferences’, if it’s just the easy questions every idiot who follows the Vale could answer!

As I’ve asked the fellas from Radio Stoke on twitter (still no reply); why don’t they ask Aspin the hard questions? About the tactics? The team selection? Why he plays players out of position constantly? Etc etc

Like after the Carlisle game, where he sole handedly, bodged the first half, by changing formation and personnel. If that is not the time to ask challenging questions to the guy, when on earth is???

Aspin speaks of being consistent away after the Carlisle game. Then why on earth, is the follow up question put to him not "speaking of consistency, isn't it hard for the players to be consistent, with the major change of formation and personnel tonight?"

That is a legitimate question for a serious journalist to ask, but not at Vale! Instead, Aspin gets away with answering the same platitudes loss after loss. That is just plain bad, lazy 'journalism'!

And the so called ‘press conference’ every Monday and Thursday, are becoming so boring and repetitive, even I could sit there and answer the questions the same way.

Basically, the ‘interviewer’ are human mic stands...

Ask the hard questions, make the man give real answers and resonate on bad decisions. Right now, the hardest question asked, is the injury update... seriously???

Perhaps we, the fans, could try to understand why he does what he does, an makes the decisions he makes. If only they would ask him the questions!

Otherwise, we could just scrap the so called ‘press conferences’, if it’s just the easy questions every idiot who follows the Vale could answer!

I've said it for years, a trained monkey could ask more incisive questions than Radio Stoke reporters. They spoon-feed meaningless, pointless ''questions'' to the managers that elicit very little of interest. As bad as Blakeman is, he's like an interrogator compared to those axse-lickers Johnson and McGarry.

Has anyone else noticed that whenever Brown has the ball and an option to play the ball out to either fullbacks it never happens. That to me is a sign of either Aspin does not trust his players to play the ball out or he just wants it booted up front for Popey to battle for the ball!!!.

We need to be playing attacking football from minute 1. I would go 3 5 2, Smith, legge and rawlinson, clarke left wing back, gibbo right wing back, Hannant, joyce and Monty in the nidfield 3, then Popey and Miller up top. If no luck in first half then Doddsy on for Miller and if Manny is fit for 45 mins bring him on for Hannant.

We have to attack because this sitting back with 7 defensive players is killing the support and Aspin did say he was aftrt "attacking football" in pre season...

Archived