onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

My apologies. It's been done to death now. But as 1-2 people have already said and my reading of it was just the same.

Pipe is a very experienced player and I think he knew he was in trouble as the cross came in because he'd ended up marking Pope. So he attempted to make it look like a blatant push and then arched backwards like a salmon to emphasise he'd been fouled. It's clever professionalism. I don't blame him for it.

There was a coming together but there often is when two players go for a high ball. Pope was just stronger.

Note none of their lads are appealing for it and it's clearly an unnatural position for Pipe's right hand. It's only one hand that's up, not two. No-one naturally does that or pretends to fall like that. You fall forwards and put both hands towards the ground. It was all theatrical, to con the referee.

Anyone who knows football will tell you the same.

Accidental hand ball, my a***.

(I think in all our woes over the scoreline we've forgotten to give Pope the credit he deserves as the all-time top goalscorer at Vale Park. 56 goals is it? Remarkable statistic as most years he's played in a poor team. I think he's also our fifth top record scorer with 1-2 others firmly in his sites. Great stuff from 'one of our own.' Well done, Tom.)

Pope's 18 goals away from being our second top scorer ever.

He won't catch Kirkham who is 70 goals in front, but what an achievement from a player who didn't join us until he was 26.

Advert

Something that deliberately denies a goal scoring chance or obviously a really bad foul. For me it’s just a penalty no card. I don’t think it’s a deliberate hand ball but it’s still hand ball so either no card and a penalty or maybe a yellow and a penalty.

If it’s not deliberate handball it’s not a penalty.

Just out of interest, how many times have you seen Kanu play? I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the squad, I'm just wondering why you think he should be?

See your post 2/9/19 regarding why I think Kanu should be in the team.To me this insinuates he shouldn’t be in team.Obviously you think your love child Dodds should be in the team.

So I ask you why should Dodds be in the team using the same logic?

See your post 2/9/19 regarding why I think Kanu should be in the team.To me this insinuates he shouldn’t be in team.Obviously you think your love child Dodds should be in the team.

So I ask you why should Dodds be in the team using the same logic?

My post said: Just out of interest, how many times have you seen Kanu play? I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the squad, I'm just wondering why you think he should be?

I think that's clear enough for you.

Can I also point out that Louis Dodds is not my love child and what makes you think that I "obviously think" he should be in the team? Are you a mind reader?

You accused me on another thread of having senile dementia. Perhaps I have. Perhaps that why I keep forgetting that you talk rubbish and I shouldn't waste my time replying any more. Cheerio.

OK, here's one of those You Are The Ref quizzes like you used to get in football magazines in the old days.

23 seconds in.

[video=youtube_share;dsKFZsWvCWU]

Penalty or no penalty?

Ball hits the arm but it's down by his side in a natural position - so no penalty. That's how I see it anyway.

Is this the penalty Mark Cooper was on about when regarding to the ref we had last week?

OK, here's one of those You Are The Ref quizzes like you used to get in football magazines in the old days.

23 seconds in.

[video=youtube_share;dsKFZsWvCWU]

Penalty or no penalty?

No peno IMO, but even worse than that was some of the Grimsby defending. Imagine if our lot were coming up with misatkes like that.

Archived