onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season tickets

Hey, I like that idea :yes:

We have a multiple SmartRider travel card for bus, rail and ferry services. You simply keep it topped up, tag on at journey start and tag off at destination.

Plenty of transport concerns in the UK use something similar - Oyster in London, Swift in the West Midlands and so on. The thing is they cost to maintain, so if you have many thousands of customers the cost savings mount up. The problem is that Vale has such a small fan base (by comparison) it wouldn't be cost effective.

Advert

One thing I forgot to add - First Potteries take contactless payments now, and London tubes and buses do the same, so Oyster popularity has diminished. I don't know how much it costs to set something similar up here but in Sweden even small shops use contactless now - they're aiming to phase out cash eventually. How about it Vale?

Don’t you think the poor souls working in the ticket office have enough to worry about.

How will they find time to play on their phones and cut each other’s hair.They can’t even be bothered to open the pay points in the club shop when the queue is back to Hamil Road on match days.

Don’t you think the poor souls working in the ticket office have enough to worry about.

How will they find time to play on their phones and cut each other’s hair.They can’t even be bothered to open the pay points in the club shop when the queue is back to Hamil Road on match days.

:laugh::laugh::clap::clap:

Imagine if you could top up the card and use it as contactless payments for things in the club shop and bar areas for beers, pies hot dogs etc wouldn't that be ground breaking.

They actually already have that in Germany 😊 I went to a few Bundesliga games last year, and if you don’t have a season card, you have to get a token card, you then put cash on on machines. So you can’t pay cash in the stadiums, only with the cards. It may sound like a hassle, but it was actually very swift and easy to use, as everybody was used to doing it.

I had a 10 game ticket last season and that window was always manned when I went. Could it be you just couldn't be arsed to get an advance ticket?

Has anyone collected theirs yet?

Would like to see how they look this year :yes:

Came through the post, same on the front different season on the back. May have at look at our Vale players at Nuneaton this season, but do not expect complementary admission.

Archived