onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ricky Miller unable to play for Port Vale until FA hearing

News Feed

The Sentinel newspaper has revealed that Port Vale’s new striker cannot play for the club at the moment. The newspaper says it relates to an incident last season and the FA have told the club he cannot play until the incident is resolved. Manager Neil Aspin revealed he and theRead More →

The post Ricky Miller unable to play for Port Vale until FA hearing appeared first on onevalefan.co.uk.

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Advert

[ATTACH=CONFIG]338[/ATTACH] This is from April last year, taking a while to resolve if this is the incident under investigation. Click on it and it gets big enough to read! :-)

Thanks RZ I asked the question on the Nuneaton game thread as to why Miller hadn't featured in any friendlies. Appreciated it was off topic but don't know how to start a thread. Hope it gets resolved quickly. Appreciate Miller is a risky signing but one that we all hope really succeeds.

Makes you wonder why we are so keen on him though, if he gets another 6 game ban it will be Christmas by the time he is fit.
Match fit yes, but it is not like a leg injury, gym work, running, stamina, and football training can still be carried out. Another player trying to make the jump into the FL, a risky business for a club, Luton and Posh have tried, will we be the one? Will he mature with us? Strikers are at a premium, worth a chance? Not my decision.

If as Aspin says he was aware of this situation BEFORE he signed Miller, surely he would have considered the possible outcomes.

Which makes me think that a positive resolvement could be imminent.

But, either way with this and his driving ban, it’s not the best of starts to his Vale career.

It is very odd. He doesn't seem to be the subject of an open charge (gone through the FA disciplinary pages). I'm not too sure on the actual legality of a player being suspended whilst not under a charge, if this is the case? Either way, I suspect it's quite a serious allegation if it's still pending from last season, although it does beg the question of just why he was allowed to play on loan at Mansfield in the second half of last season, unless it's something that happened in one of his final games?

For the FA to suspend him before a hearing is wrong. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. The FA should allow him to play until they hear and deal with the case. If his presence on a football field for a pre season friendly is so risky then they have a duty to fast track a hearing. If he is found guilty of something any punishment should be offset against the suspension he has already served. This case seems to be without precedence and I wonder if a premier league player and club would be treated in the same way.

For the FA to suspend him before a hearing is wrong. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. The FA should allow him to play until they hear and deal with the case. If his presence on a football field for a pre season friendly is so risky then they have a duty to fast track a hearing. If he is found guilty of something any punishment should be offset against the suspension he has already served. This case seems to be without precedence and I wonder if a premier league player and club would be treated in the same way.
Or is it the case that they have not registered him as a Vale player? But why?

Could it be that he didn’t turn up for a drugs test or something?..

How long did Rio Ferdinand get banned for doing that?.

But then again, if Aspin knew it was for that I’m sure he wouldn’t go near him.

So hopefully it’s nothung but for him to not be able take part in any games pre season suggests to me it’s more serious than what we think.

Whatever the issue is Aspin was aware of it before we signed him, in Aspin we trust, therefore not a serious issue. Bit of an odd situation I admit but If all parties are aware of it, and are happy, then it'll all be fine. Norm is not gonna sanction a cash purchase for a player who is unlikely to play for 6 months, he's quite 'careful' with our budget so, I think, nowt to worry about.

Archived