onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Whose idea was the Nuneaton game?!!

Iron Curtain

According to Aspin we couldn’t play the formation he wanted to because of knocks to the squad... then Manny went off.

All I’m suggesting here is I hope the Nuneaton deal isn’t impacting what Aspin and Rudge want to do..

Would they have chosen to play two games back to back when the youth team are away... nonthey wouldnt, Aspin said so himself.

You are looking for something that isn't there. Its literally digging to find something to moan about. To have another punch at Norman. So it isn't ideal... will it have any affect on our season? No it will not!

Advert

You are looking for something that isn't there. Its literally digging to find something to moan about. To have another punch at Norman. So it isn't ideal... will it have any affect on our season? No it will not!

There is something there though. But I have no idea who scheduled this in to the fixtures.

I know its all ifs and buts, but it could have an impact on the start of the season if it leads to a key player getting injured.

I can't see why the management would agree to 2 games within 24 hours in preseason with a squad of only 20 players, who are have been doing double training sessions every day. It makes no sense and puts them at even more risk of injury, its common sense.

Its a disaster of scheduling really when you consider they knew the youth team would be away.

Makes perfect sense then. He’s a business man. That’s the idea of being one surely.
I know, he's a businessman. However for another poster to make it sound like he's brought it out the kindness of his heart because he loves Nuneaton, would be wide on the Mark.

I haven't got a prob what he does with his money, the issue is he tries run Vale on a shoestring but then blames everyone else when it goes **** up.

Would we prefer to play the game or not?

Who organised the game?

Is the organiser of the game keeping to his promise of staying out of the football side of things?

My concern is that this is the broken window theory... its starts off a something small, like arranging friendly that the management team would have preferred not to have. Next minute we are getting rid off half the squad and buying a stable of European lower league players and plummeting down the league... oh wait, we have already tried that one!

What a pathetic thread this is. Making something out of nothing to have a go at the owner.. Same old posters too :boring:

Norman decided to buy his local football clubs stadium to make sure they could keep their place in the league, he then arranges a friendly with the club he owns to try and generate that club some much needed funds. I'm struggling to see the problem?

Why should the owner be organising friendlies? Surely that is the job of the manager and his staff? Aspin clearly does not want this match - it is an inconvenience in his pre-season plans. Why is the owner interfering in those because he has bought another football ground which is nothing to do with Vale? Surely Port Vale should be is priority - not a club which, according to him, he will have no input on the footballing side and is simply the landlord?

Anybody who thought the last two years were an unbridled success would, I'm sure, have been delighted to learn that Norm has decided to test his multi-tasking skills by getting involved with a second football club.

Why should the owner be organising friendlies? Surely that is the job of the manager and his staff? Aspin clearly does not want this match - it is an inconvenience in his pre-season plans. Why is the owner interfering in those because he has bought another football ground which is nothing to do with Vale? Surely Port Vale should be is priority - not a club which, according to him, he will have no input on the footballing side and is simply the landlord?

Honestly what?? Do you think that Klopp and Mourinho sort out little trips off to Malaysia for their teams?

Do you think we play Newcastle Town and Kidsgrove to test us for the season ahead... we do it out of loyalty!

This argument is really embarrassing. I have never read so much drivel.

Honestly what?? Do you think that Klopp and Mourinho sort out little trips off to Malaysia for their teams?

Do you think we have the same number of backroom staff as Liverpool and Manure? Did you not know that Micky Adams arranged all our friendlies in Ireland? Did you not realise that the pre-season plans were sorted before this Nuneaton game came along against the manager's wishes?

Do you think we play Newcastle Town and Kidsgrove to test us for the season ahead... we do it out of loyalty!

I'm not at all sure what the relevance of that comment is but what loyalty do we as a club have to Nuneaton?

I would argue that your responses on this thread are embarrassing but that's just my opinion.

Playing 2 games in 2 days is beyond stupid!

Archived