onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Title: Port Vale bid for Chesterfield striker rejected--Notts signed him

News Feed

Chesterfield manager Martin Allen says that a bid for striker Kristian Dennis by Port Vale has been rejected. Manager Neil Aspin has said that Vale have made two bids for forwards and the Valiants were duly linked with the Spireites’ leading striker who is transfer listed. Chesterfield manager Martin AllenRead More →

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Advert

I agree but I get the impression he wants to stay in the league which gives them a dilemma. I think they'll just hold out for the best offer, whoever that comes from, they've got time to do that given we're still in May.
Don't see us winning a bidding war, nor us being his favourite destination. Don't want to wait until July for a extra striker. So hopefully other irons in the fire.

Personally I think this is a non starter.

With the clubs reportedly interested in him, (Bradford bid a reported 175k in January) it’s difficult to see why he would chose Vale. As I see it we have but two chances.

1. A firm offer already on the table.

2. He’s from Manchester, so we are the nearest club.

Grasping at straws ? :shutup:

With the clubs reportedly interested in him, (Bradford bid a reported 175k in January) it’s difficult to see why he would chose Vale. As I see it we have but two chances.

Maybe - but you never know whether we could tempt them with a competitive bid and a part swap with Barnett. After all, Chesterfield will need to replace Dennis and it's likely Barnett would score a lot more in the National than in L2. It's doubtful whether Bradford could match that unless they offer ex-Vale loanee Jones, which would be rather a bitter pill for us to swallow.

It looks like there is a pot of money to spend. At some point we've got to walk away if we can get better overall value somewhere else. We must have spoken to his agent at some point in the negotiations so it's probable the wages offered are in the ball park. If we up the offer and spend all the money on one player who breaks his leg in pre season were no better off than when we started. I'm sure he'd improve the team but there are alternatives. A goal scoring winger and a 12 to 15 goal a season number 10 might represent a better investment. There also isn't a lot of resale potential in a 29 year old.

It looks like there is a pot of money to spend. At some point we've got to walk away if we can get better overall value somewhere else. We must have spoken to his agent at some point in the negotiations so it's probable the wages offered are in the ball park. If we up the offer and spend all the money on one player who breaks his leg in pre season were no better off than when we started. I'm sure he'd improve the team but there are alternatives. A goal scoring winger and a 12 to 15 goal a season number 10 might represent a better investment. There also isn't a lot of resale potential in a 29 year old.

Totally agree - spot on that comment

Don't forget though £175k in January is a panic bid way above market value. In the summer they way well look at bringing in two free transfers on bigger wages and use the 175k differently, they may also have signed another player in Jan. Personally id say 75k is a pretty decent investment from us and fee for them, resale value shouldnt be considered as we can offer 3-4 year deal to protect ourselves. 25k per season isnt bad for a proven striker really

Totally agree - spot on that comment

yeah 100% agree with that post ideally bringing in 25 goals across 3 players would be better than 1 capable of scoring 25 himself. Imagine you pay 100k and hes injured after a preseason friendly like Barnett and doesnt even get fit till January

Don't forget though £175k in January is a panic bid way above market value. In the summer they way well look at bringing in two free transfers on bigger wages and use the 175k differently, they may also have signed another player in Jan. Personally id say 75k is a pretty decent investment from us and fee for them, resale value shouldnt be considered as we can offer 3-4 year deal to protect ourselves. 25k per season isnt bad for a proven striker really
£175k in Jan is a reasonable gamble on improving your chances of promotion to the Championship. Financial gain minimum of £5.3M (Diff between £6.7M and £1.4M Basic+Solidarity payments). But way over the top in close season.

Archived