onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Champions League final

robf

If that last bit is true, I think it reflects badly on them as a team. Do the players really think they are a one man band?

For Liverpool to win they needed salah to be on the pitch for most if not alll the game and losing him early caused a rejig of tactics etc and a different approach. Like losing your queen in chess.

Advert

Well I said in this thread that Livepool badly needed a holding midfielder this summer, and it looks like they've already bought a fantastic one in Fabinho, a player with the same agent as Mourinho and who has been strongly linked with United for a long time. A midfield of him, Keita and Oxlade looks pretty damn tasty to me. I like Hnederson more than most but don't see him as anything more than a squad player ideally.

Now I'll await Howjy to tell me how crap he is because he's not a regular in the Brazil side yet. :wub:

Well I said in this thread that Livepool badly needed a holding midfielder this summer, and it looks like they've already bought a fantastic one in Fabinho, a player with the same agent as Mourinho and who has been strongly linked with United for a long time. A midfield of him, Keita and Oxlade looks pretty damn tasty to me. I like Hnederson more than most but don't see him as anything more than a squad player ideally.

Now I'll await Howjy to tell me how crap he is because he's not a regular in the

Brazil side yet. :wub:

Fabinho for Hasbinho.Yes he is crap,but less crap than Milner or Captain Drastic.

Now I'll await Howjy to tell me how crap he is because he's not a regular in the Brazil side yet. :wub:

Henderson is another player that is underestimated. So too Milner. See them live and they are pretty impressive. Liverpool reached the Champions League final and finished in the top four in the Premier League despite weaknesses in defence in the first half of the season and weaknesses in goal throughout. So someone was playing well. They need to deepen the squad and replace the goalkeeper without losing any more star players. Coutinho has settled in at Barcelona now scoring 7 goals in his last 6 games. He was a big loss. Had he been in the Liverpool team on Saturday it would have been very strong, but no one can overcome goalkeeping as poor as that. I have looked at the Bale goal a few times now and Karius should have saved that as well.

The point about bale is a good one but the earlier point comparing the loss of salah vs rm losing carvahal is chalk and cheese.

What Ramos did could have come out of the ggg book of ring craft. It was Ramos locking salah’s arm and then a big guy wrestling a small guy to the ground and executed perfectly and deliberately.

I see that 230,000 have signed a petition for UEFA and FIFA to punish Ramos for "intentionally hurting Mo Salah"?

Ramos, clever & experienced player though he is, has always been one of the dirtiest players in the game.

He's been sent off about 20 times - in league games only. Yes, 20. Says it all.

He knew what he was doing. A cynical, snide thug. Can't stand the bloke but I don't suppose he cares with all his medals.

Henderson is another player that is underestimated. So too Milner. See them live and they are pretty impressive. Liverpool reached the Champions League final and finished in the top four in the Premier League despite weaknesses in defence in the first half of the season and weaknesses in goal throughout. So someone was playing well. They need to deepen the squad and replace the goalkeeper without losing any more star players. Coutinho has settled in at Barcelona now scoring 7 goals in his last 6 games. He was a big loss. Had he been in the Liverpool team on Saturday it would have been very strong, but no one can overcome goalkeeping as poor as that. I have looked at the Bale goal a few times now and Karius should have saved that as well.

In general people that talk about Henderson and criticize him are clueless. Many of the one's saying he's toss have barely seen him kick a ball, and only follow the opinion of a few others like sheep. Henderson is good at what he does, which is win the ball back from the opposition and pass it to a team-mate. Some people say that he goes backwards and sideways too much, but if there's not a better forward pass on then why not keep the ball? For years continental players have been lauded for doing this, but when one of our own players does it they get abused by the "Hit and hope" crowd. He's also one of the best people at playing the pressing game Klopp love's at the club along with Adam Lallana.

As for Milner, admittedly I wasn't overjoyed to say the least when he signed for the club, but he's proven me completely wrong. The ultimate pro and not without quality too, hence him having the most assists in the Champions League. Southgate should have tossed him off every weekend leading up to the World Cup to get him to come out of International retirement and on the plane as a squad player.

I saw Liverpool play live last season. Salah and Cotinho were clearly world class players. I didn't think Mane was quite at that level, but he could have saved Liverpool on Saturday scoring and hitting the post. Firminho is a player that can be underestimated because he is a mobile target man. But he has tremendous ability to take the ball in and lay it off and great running and physicality. He is in the Brazil squad.

Anyone that doesn't agree that Firmino is a brilliant player shouldn't be allowed an opinion on football outside of Port Vale in all honesty. Mane was inconsistent last season and if you've only watched a few games in which he's not played well, as philpvfc no doubt did as he's not a follower of the club, then that's fair enough.

In general people that talk about Henderson and criticize him are clueless. Many of the one's saying he's toss have barely seen him kick a ball, and only follow the opinion of a few others like sheep. Henderson is good at what he does, which is win the ball back from the opposition and pass it to a team-mate. Some people say that he goes backwards and sideways too much, but if there's not a better forward pass on then why not keep the ball? For years continental players have been lauded for doing this, but when one of our own players does it they get abused by the "Hit and hope" crowd. He's also one of the best people at playing the pressing game Klopp love's at the club along with Adam Lallana.

As for Milner, admittedly I wasn't overjoyed to say the least when he signed for the club, but he's proven me completely wrong. The ultimate pro and not without quality too, hence him having the most assists in the Champions League. Southgate should have tossed him off every weekend leading up to the World Cup to get him to come out of International retirement and on the plane as a squad player.

There must be something sadly wrong with the club,with all this world class talent there.Could it be Klopp is the reason you don’t win anything? Genuine question Tylerla.An influx into defence and midfield is badly needed imo.Giving Mignolet a 5 year deal not too long ago wouldn’t inspire me with confidence in him.Liverpool play smashing attacking football but defensively.....

There must be something sadly wrong with the club,with all this world class talent there.Could it be Klopp is the reason you don’t win anything? Genuine question Tylerla.An influx into defence and midfield is badly needed imo.Giving Mignolet a 5 year deal not too long ago wouldn’t inspire me with confidence in him.Liverpool play smashing attacking football but defensively.....

As I've said, for me their starting 11 is as good as anyone elses. But they struggle to cope when a couple of players are out as many of the squad players aren't good enough for a genuine top club. The likes of Klavan, Moreno, Solanke and Ings etc. Fabinho is a great first signing of the summer potentially, though until we see how he adapts to the Premier League we can only say right now that he has the potential to do well. If Liverpool can sign a top keeper from somewhere, another center-back and a forward to compete with Firmino then they'll have a very strong bench like City, United and Spurs regularly do.

Liverpool's defense is nowhere near as bad as some make out, especially since Van Dijk signed for the club. They conceded the same amount of goals as Chelsea last season in the Premier League, and only 2 more than Spurs. Yes, Liverpool conceded 10 more than United but they also scored 16 more goals than them. Let's not forget that it took two huge goalkeeping blunders and one of the best goals you're ever likely to see in a final for Real Madrid to score the three goals they did at the weekend too. The actual back line, excluding the keeper obviously, dealt with Msdrid well and only started to concede chances somewhat regularly in the last part of the match when Liverpool were chasing the game.

Archived