onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Champions League final

robf

Advert

I'm hoping fervently that Liverpool can buck the odds (as they so often have) and bring the trophy home but I'm expecting Real Madrid's experience and class to win through.

Liverpool are still short, in my view, in midfield and at the back, and always look dodgy when under pressure.

Madrid are a creaking, ageing team, but like most good Spanish sides keep possession well and their first touch and passing ability is second to none. Any team with Ronaldo in it spells danger.

If Liverpool can get a bit of possession I'm sure their three strikers can cause problems because of their speed and movement but I'm guessing Madrid will dominate the ball and have most of the play.

Should be an exciting game to watch. Let's hope it's better than the Cup Final last week and the Reds do us proud. Win or lose it's fantastic to see an English club in the final.

Knew it wasn't going to end well the moment that Salah went off. I'll always be of the opinion that when they have their strongest 11 out, Liverpool can go toe to toe with anyone, and I think up until that point Liverpool were more than proving that. The squad strength of both clubs was the deciding factor in the end - When Real Madrid can bring on Bale for a tiring Isco, Liverpool had to call up on Adam Lallana who has barely kicked a ball in anger all season and is obviously way off his best form.

Shocking display from Karius who has actually done quite well over the last few months. But he's proven that at this moment in time he can't be trusted as a number one at a top club. Even with Mignolet in goal two of Real's three goals don't happen. But what an unbelievable goal Gareth Bale scored, and even though that killed Liverpool you can only stand/sit and admire a magical moment like that.

Getting to a final is always an achievement though itself, especially when you consider Liverpool rely so heavily on their front three with only a workmanlike midfield and a pair of average goalkeepers. A few quality additions over the summer and I don't think Klopp will continue to lose finals. I thought Alexander-Arnold showed he belonged at the highest level again, and that Robertson was actually individually better than Marcelo. Not that they are cancellations at all for losing, but there were some good performances from Liverpool players and only the keeper can't hold his head high after this evening.

Oh, and I also thought Lovren was outstanding tonight. If he cut out the silly mistakes he's prone to making he'd be one of the best around, but that's obviously a huge if.

You’ve said it Tylerla,my kopite bro-in -law bricks it every time Lovren gets the ball.2 goalkeepers,1 centre half,3 midfielders should be on Klopp’s shopping list and hope Salah doesn’t leave.You may sneak into third place in the Premiership with those additions.:wink:

Archived