onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Champions League final

robf

Bit of fun Tylerla.

That's all it is. A few people here love digging into Liverpool here for one reason or another, and I get a kick from defended them even when I think it's undeserved. But sometimes tongue in cheek comments and what should be harmless sarcasm doesn't translate well, not like it would in person when facial expressions tell more of the story, and sometimes people can and do take offense to things. I've got a gob on me, always have done, but I sure as hell don't genuinely mean to offend anyone here with anything I type. At the end of the day it's just a football forum.

Advert

Went for a drink afterwards in my local which is obviously full of Liverpool supporters including my mate who had been to watch it at the Echo Arena. I think there was acceptance that RM were the better team irrespective of the calamities of the night.

Being harsh I think Liverpool have lost two Euro finals now directly from mistakes by players Klopp has persisted with who were not good enough and prone to big errors. I have in mind Moreno at left back against Seville.

But I think the current RM team are a great side. Also Liverpool play in the Premier League and it is a step up to play at La Liga level which is the strongest league in the world.

Went for a drink afterwards in my local which is obviously full of Liverpool supporters including my mate who had been to watch it at the Echo Arena. I think there was acceptance that RM were the better team irrespective of the calamities of the night.

Being harsh I think Liverpool have lost two Euro finals now directly from mistakes by players Klopp has persisted with who were not good enough and prone to big errors. I have in mind Moreno at left back against Seville.

But I think the current RM team are a great side. Also Liverpool play in the Premier League and it is a step up to play at La Liga level which is the strongest league in the world.

They were the better team once Liverpool were weakened when Salah went off. Up until that point Liverpool looked the side most likely to score. That's not to say that Liverpool would have finished the winners had he have played for 90 minutes, but the odds were massively shortened the moment he went off. Real were able to push their defense 10 yards up field suddenly and only had to deal with Mane's pace on the counter. I could probably walk faster than Lallana can run. I think eventually the players that Real Madrid had on the bench would have been the deciding factor, but with their strongest 11 out Liverpool are a match for them.

What's all this 'we' regarding Liverpool and Manchester United in this thread? This is a Port Vale fans site so anyone who supports another club please bugger off to your own club's site!

And this is the "Other football issues" section, you plank.

You really think Liverpool are improving under Klopp?

Still finish in 4th place with no trophy and very much dependent on 1 player yet you say Mourinho is doing a naff job, 2 trophies in his first season and a jump from 5th to 2nd this season. Yes Liverpool are a lot more entertaining to watch but I can’t see your reasoning in what you say.

And this is the "Other football issues" section, you plank.
I have no problem with the topic of discussion, you plank, my issue is this 'we' business about clubs other than the Vale. This is a Vale fans site, the only 'we' on here is the Vale, people who are 'fans' of other clubs should go on their own club's fan sites to discuss their team's affairs. From our - as in Vale fans - perspective this thread concerns the Champions League final involving two clubs remote from the Vale who have a large number of glory hunting plastic fans who have no connection to Liverpool or Madrid save the pathetic notion that associating themselves with such clubs somehow gives them some kudos.

Vale, the one and ONLY club for Vale fans!!!

The Madrid captain was the deciding factor. First of all he got rid of Salah in a manner that I'm not sure whether it was deliberate or not? Then he spent the rest of the game upsetting Mane with constant play acting which ended with Mane getting booked for doing nothing. They say that he is a great player but for me he is a cheating, play acting whimp.

Couldn’t agree more, Liverpool we’re giving as good as they got until Sarah left the field. The commentator said it best for me as Salah left the field, he said, “Sergio Ramos your work is done”. Very subtle deliberate dangerous play by a piece of crap, a Mardy who cheats at every opportunity. Wonder how many times he’s tried that move out and got away with it.

What the heck was karius doing.

Whilst the Salah injury was unfortunate surely the key was the performance of Karius. Put Sam Hornby in the Dippers goal and they get a draw then win on penalties. Giving Madrid two cheap goals makes the presence or otherwise of Salah a bit irrelevant.

I see a petition is on the move for Ramos to be punished for winning the ball.I wonder if the same people will instigate one on Robertson for his attempt to break Carvajal’s ankle?Fair is fair.

Ramos is and has always been a ****, but in this instance he can take no blame. Both players had hold of each others arms which is something that happens all the time.

And to whoever questioned whether Liverpool had actually improved under Klopp, the fact that they've now made the Champions League for successivce seasons shows that they are. Despite losing Coutinho half way through the season and not managing to replace him, making the top 4 ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea while making the final of the Champions League shows big progress. If in a couple of years Liverpool still haven't won anything then yes, Klopp can then be questioned. But at the moment I and many thinks he's doing a great job, despite falling short in two finals now.

Whilst the Salah injury was unfortunate surely the key was the performance of Karius. Put Sam Hornby in the Dippers goal and they get a draw then win on penalties. Giving Madrid two cheap goals makes the presence or otherwise of Salah a bit irrelevant.

Imho the complexion of the whole game changed when salah left the field. Would karius have made the mistakes if he’d stayed on, who knows, would salah have made a difference, who knows but Liverpool appeared to lose belief when salah left the game.

Imho the complexion of the whole game changed when salah left the field. Would karius have made the mistakes if he’d stayed on, who knows, would salah have made a difference, who knows but Liverpool appeared to lose belief when salah left the game.

Liverpool had one shot on target (A-A) in the first half with Salah on.They scored when he was off.I thought the game changed after Real had a goal disallowed (rightly so).The problem I thought.was Klopp’s inability to play a different system when Salah went off.When Liverpool equalized Zidane had the Bale option which obviously worked.I think they call it game management.Liverpool have played some great stuff this season but have no plan B.Look how many times they have drawn.I said it at the time,losing Coutinho would cost them big time.

Ramos is and has always been a ****, but in this instance he can take no blame. Both players had hold of each others arms which is something that happens all the time.

And to whoever questioned whether Liverpool had actually improved under Klopp, the fact that they've now made the Champions League for successivce seasons shows that they are. Despite losing Coutinho half way through the season and not managing to replace him, making the top 4 ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea while making the final of the Champions League shows big progress. If in a couple of years Liverpool still haven't won anything then yes, Klopp can then be questioned. But at the moment I and many thinks he's doing a great job, despite falling short in two finals now.

First part is bob on Beechyla.The second part,?????Next season will be massive for Klopp.Liverpool won’t put up with being the bridesmaids all the time.

Went to anfield for the screening great atmosphere and buzz actually bought a red football style shirt (Adidas unbadged) for the first time since England had red/blue reverse shirt albeit it didn't feel quite right but at least looked the part as my mrs donned her lfc top (after all she has been many home away vale games so this once for me evens it up)..had to laugh as the woman next to me wore red and was cheering everything whilst her other half wore no colours and didnt get out of his seat told him I was a vale fan and he said keep it to yourself but i'm an everton fan the things you do for your other half think he went home happy though

Didn't think there was too much between the teams except madrid maintained their level and Liverpool dropped especially after salah went off but the big difference (the keeper aside) was the bench and this is where Liverpool fell short an unfit Lallana v gareth bale meant for me even if went to extra time their was only going to be one winner- Liverpool need 3 more players of top international quality and of course a goalkeeper (wonder if they would consider boote he made less mistakes and got stick)..

overall Liverpools are on the upward curve same as man utd ,man city to dominate for a few years with the other Chelsea arsenal to play catch up with spurs an unknown depending on how their summer goes- but can see an emerging English team dominance of Europe with city , Liverpool and man utd not far behind the top clubs

Archived