onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Champions League final

robf

Went to anfield for the screening great atmosphere and buzz actually bought a red football style shirt (Adidas unbadged) for the first time since England had red/blue reverse shirt albeit it didn't feel quite right but at least looked the part as my mrs donned her lfc top (after all she has been many home away vale games so this once for me evens it up)..had to laugh as the woman next to me wore red and was cheering everything whilst her other half wore no colours and didnt get out of his seat told him I was a vale fan and he said keep it to yourself but i'm an everton fan the things you do for your other half think he went home happy though

Didn't think there was too much between the teams except madrid maintained their level and Liverpool dropped especially after salah went off but the big difference (the keeper aside) was the bench and this is where Liverpool fell short an unfit Lallana v gareth bale meant for me even if went to extra time their was only going to be one winner- Liverpool need 3 more players of top international quality and of course a goalkeeper (wonder if they would consider boote he made less mistakes and got stick)..

overall Liverpools are on the upward curve same as man utd ,man city to dominate for a few years with the other Chelsea arsenal to play catch up with spurs an unknown depending on how their summer goes- but can see an emerging English team dominance of Europe with city , Liverpool and man utd not far behind the top clubs

My bro in law went to Anfield on Saturday aswell.Liverpool’s success ,as in most clubs,has always been built on a top goalkeeper and a top defence.The forwards must be pi55ed off at Anfield at the moment.City are leading the way now but a few of their stars will be gone soon.EG Aguero,Company and Silva.It remains to be seen if they can be replaced.United will always have kids coming through who need time.Liverpool need a playmaker plus those you have mentioned.Like you say though elav,not too far off.

Advert

Forwards?

They only have 1 quality forwards, Mane is so inconsistent with pace being is main quality and Firminho has some skill but ain’t a consistent goal scorer. Liverpool have weaknesses throughout the team, Salah is there only world class player, Milner who has been solid since his signing is starting to show his age, Van Djik is a quality defender but surrounded by sub quality defenders all be it the 2 young full backs should mature in to very good defenders. Klopp is getting the best out of a half decent team but a long way off being the best in the Premiership. It’s only a matter of time before Salah gets snapped up by a top team.

Imho the complexion of the whole game changed when salah left the field. Would karius have made the mistakes if he’d stayed on, who knows, would salah have made a difference, who knows but Liverpool appeared to lose belief when salah left the game.

If that last bit is true, I think it reflects badly on them as a team. Do the players really think they are a one man band?

As someone has already said, it was - keeper apart - in large measure down to the quality of their respective squads and who they had on the bench.

Liverpool have a good first XI when everyone is fit( like Chan and the Ox) but don't have a big enough squad to cover 3-4 injuries, as the likes of the two Manchester clubs have. Salah goes off but there's only Solanke on the bench. Madrid bring on Bale. But we've known this all season.

If Klopp can sign a keeper, another defender, midfielder and world class striker then I think they could improve on what they've done this year. Oddly though he's kept with two of the poorest keepers Liverpool have ever had.

It's tough when your talisman goes off. If Barcelona lost Messi they wouldn't be the same team. If we'd lost Pope since Xmas we'd be down. If my aunt was my uncle.....

Forwards?

They only have 1 quality forwards, Mane is so inconsistent with pace being is main quality and Firminho has some skill but ain’t a consistent goal scorer. Liverpool have weaknesses throughout the team, Salah is there only world class player, Milner who has been solid since his signing is starting to show his age, Van Djik is a quality defender but surrounded by sub quality defenders all be it the 2 young full backs should mature in to very good defenders. Klopp is getting the best out of a half decent team but a long way off being the best in the Premiership. It’s only a matter of time before Salah gets snapped up by a top team.

So you don't consider Mane or Firmino to be top players? You're trolling isn't even amusing anymore. I really don't think even you are as stupid to actually believe what you type.

And Firmino just scored 27 goals last season and got God knows how many assists on top of that too.

If that last bit is true, I think it reflects badly on them as a team. Do the players really think they are a one man band?

What team doesn't have a star player that would be missed? Every team on the planet has that one player that makes a huge difference for them. Salah is obviously Liverpool's.

What team doesn't have a star player that would be missed? Every team on the planet has that one player that makes a huge difference for them. Salah is obviously Liverpool's.

But should the rest of the team completely lose belief if that one player goes off injured? Vale only lost one out of the five that Pope missed. We didn't just lie down and die because he wasn't there.

But should the rest of the team completely lose belief if that one player goes off injured? Vale only lost one out of the five that Pope missed. We didn't just lie down and die because he wasn't there.

2 out of 9 if you count the EFL trophy.Pope out!:laugh:

So you don't consider Mane or Firmino to be top players? You're trolling isn't even amusing anymore. I really don't think even you are as stupid to actually believe what you type.

And Firmino just scored 27 goals last season and got God knows how many assists on top of that too.

Must be wrong as Beechy says so!

Liverpool are an attackive team with 1 world class strikers, Mane and Firminho are decent but no way as god as you believe.

We will see as Liverpool fail to win a trophy again next season and don’t finish any higher than fourth position.

What's all this 'we' regarding Liverpool and Manchester United in this thread? This is a Port Vale fans site so anyone who supports another club please bugger off to your own club's site!

To understand,it might be beneficial to read the section title?

Liverpool are an attackive team with 1 world class strikers, Mane and Firminho are decent but no way as god as you believe.

We will see as Liverpool fail to win a trophy again next season and don’t finish any higher than fourth position.

Mane and Firmino are decent. :laugh:

Your trolling seriously needs to improve!

They equalised after Salah went off and after the first Karius mistake. So the commitment remained strong but Lallana was a relatively ineffective sub. I don't believe in willpower it is commitment that underpins winning - basically run, tackle, stick to the plan.

I think the Bale goal could have been saved by a top keeper like De Gea. So Liverpool could have hung in this game through commitment with a top goalkeeper.

It is a serious matter that could really harm the club going forward. I think Karius remaining may be poisonous for the fans. I know I should be humane, but he fell below an acceptable professional standard and he has wasted a lot of supporters time and money. He will also cause himself and the club to be repeatedly replayed as a football howler. I think most fans want him gone. But he may also have harmed Liverpool more deeply in terms of retaining and signing players. It is obvious they would be highly attractive if they had won and might have done so with a hanging in their type performance without inept keeping.

We can reflect that inept keeping came within an inch of relegating Port Vale last season. We know it just can't be forgotten.

I saw Liverpool play live last season. Salah and Cotinho were clearly world class players. I didn't think Mane was quite at that level, but he could have saved Liverpool on Saturday scoring and hitting the post. Firminho is a player that can be underestimated because he is a mobile target man. But he has tremendous ability to take the ball in and lay it off and great running and physicality. He is in the Brazil squad.

Liverpool had one shot on target (A-A) in the first half with Salah on.They scored when he was off.I thought the game changed after Real had a goal disallowed (rightly so).The problem I thought.was Klopp’s inability to play a different system when Salah went off.When Liverpool equalized Zidane had the Bale option which obviously worked.I think they call it game management.Liverpool have played some great stuff this season but have no plan B.Look how many times they have drawn.I said it at the time,losing Coutinho would cost them big time.

The point about bale is a good one but the earlier point comparing the loss of salah vs rm losing carvahal is chalk and cheese.

What Ramos did could have come out of the ggg book of ring craft. It was Ramos locking salah’s arm and then a big guy wrestling a small guy to the ground and executed perfectly and deliberately.

Archived