onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Administration

Nottingham Valiant

It's lies and surly reporting lies is not allowed? This could damage the club and I'm sure blaming someone else isn't going to stand up in any court. I bet this was a test to spot leaks though at the club - so now they know where they come from.

Do you sit at home practising being a loon or does it just come naturally? Are you saying that someone at the club has volunteered to leak a story so that they can be identified as a mole?? Brilliant. If you weren't a Stokie WUM and therefore understandly mad, I would be seriously worried about you!

Advert

It was a week or so ago that there was a thread on here started by somebody with a rumour that PVFC was 'on the brink' of administration. Various people and sources were quoted that we were 'days or weeks' away from administration. Since then, we have signed 3 players on loan, introduced a cut-price ticket offer that will certainly lose money in the hope of getting more fans returning and confirmed a pre-season tour to Florida before next season. These things stacked up don't suggest that we're 'on the brink'. No doubt this will come as a huge dissapointment to the many on here that now seem to be willing the club as a whole to fail.

I am not saying I am at all happy with current and past goings on at the club, however, i wonder if the rumour-starters and rumour-stokers might like to use this opportunity to apologise about the innacuracies that they spread. Maybe they would also like to give our new chairman more than 3 weeks in the job before they unleash their full hatred on the new regime?

Getting back to the initial post....Spot on sir!

It's lies and surly reporting lies is not allowed? This could damage the club and I'm sure blaming someone else isn't going to stand up in any court. I bet this was a test to spot leaks though at the club - so now they know where they come from.

Brilliant!:rolleyes:

So someone at the club set someone else up at the club with a rumour that could damage the club.Which would mean the club has lied and would itself be libel.It could then have to pay damages to itself and pay legal costs.;) :laugh::laugh:

It was a week or so ago that there was a thread on here started by somebody with a rumour that PVFC was 'on the brink' of administration. Various people and sources were quoted that we were 'days or weeks' away from administration. Since then, we have signed 3 players on loan, introduced a cut-price ticket offer that will certainly lose money in the hope of getting more fans returning and confirmed a pre-season tour to Florida before next season. These things stacked up don't suggest that we're 'on the brink'. No doubt this will come as a huge dissapointment to the many on here that now seem to be willing the club as a whole to fail.

I am not saying I am at all happy with current and past goings on at the club, however, i wonder if the rumour-starters and rumour-stokers might like to use this opportunity to apologise about the innacuracies that they spread. Maybe they would also like to give our new chairman more than 3 weeks in the job before they unleash their full hatred on the new regime?

I largely agree with your post, however the last sentence is a touch daft IMHO.

In their own words, they asked to be judged on actions. Thus far under Deakin and Miller:

1. One of the worst on field runs for a few years, slipping down the table and crashing out of the cup in embarrassing fashion.

2. An announcement that the BSI deal was a done deal, only for a few weeks later a retraction and admittance that the deal had hit contractual difficulties.

3. An announced target for completion of the RW Suite for the Aldershot home games a week before Xmas. A target that will almost certainly be missed.

4. A complete lack of clarity from the club as to the manner in which the shares obtained by the chairman and chief exec have been paid for. It's a simple question gents: Did you pay full cash value or are the shares in lieu in any format?

5. The chairman arrives on the premise, again in his own words, that the only voices at the club should be the manager and the chief exec. It takes just a few weeks for him to break that one.

6. One okay looking signing and two distinctly average looking signings as the manager panics about a dire turn in form.

It may only have been a few weeks but alarm bells are ringing IMHO. I see none of the much vaunted 'transparency'. All I see are wordy statements, with no figures, attempting to dress matters up.

Sorry, but we've been fed that BS for 8 years constantly by a previous regime.

Time for their actions to match their words. Like it or not, they are running a very public business with thousands of stakeholders.

The most dangerous attitude IMHO would be to give them an inch, because my gut feel is that just like V2001 they will take a mile.

They are under scrutiny already because the above signs do not point to a progressive change to a more open and forward thinking regime.

They asked to be judged on actions. Thus far, they are therefore, by the own metric, failing.

I agree with the statement. The supporters are customers and not the owners of the company unless they are sharholders as well. Comments like we have been let down because the RW suite has not been completed on time miss this point and the fact that management and contractual issues can in any event arise. I have a lot more sympathy with concerns about the good governance of the club and that directorship and shareholdings are in accordance with company law and transparent. But again there are too many people prepared to start malicious rumour or who rumour founded on ignornace of proper processes. It seems to me that some of these people live their lives for this and are not actually worthy supporters of the club at all.

I agree with the statement. The supporters are customers and not the owners of the company unless they are sharholders as well. Comments like we have been let down because the RW suite has not been completed on time miss this point and the fact that management and contractual issues can in any event arise. I have a lot more sympathy with concerns about the good governance of the club and that directorship and shareholdings are in accordance with company law and transparent. But again there are too many people prepared to start malicious rumour or who rumour founded on ignornace of proper processes. It seems to me that some of these people live their lives for this and are not actually worthy supporters of the club at all.

Can you stop saying essentially the same thing again and again? It was boring the first time...

Archived