onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Administration

Nottingham Valiant

Because they posted something which seems to be entirely incorrect and has resulted in damage to the club they purport to be a supporter of. This has probably unsettled staff and players who have feared for their jobs, affected staff morale, worried sponsors and investors and added to the sense of uncertainty around the club that Mickey has said is affecting performances.

edited by admin

Seems to be - to you perhaps but you are clearly not sure.

Resulted in damage - what damage? Please elucidate.

Unsettled staff - staff are not allowed to view OVF. deakin said so. Unless you are staff and breaking the rules.

Worried sponsors and investors - which ones? I thought there were no investors.

Micky said - when and where , this was only posted a few days ago.

Advert

Well so far on this thread we've seen people who between them have supported the club for years and years labelled; smug, morons, not fans, keyboard warriors etc etc. In return sensible, reasonable questions have been asked, quite simple ones that the club could answer quite quickly. No one slagging people off has acknowledged these appropriate questions, just simply resorted to insult after insult towards people who are genuinely concerned for the future of the club.

And we are regularly led to believe that OVFers who are against the board are the ones slagging others who dont share their views off.

Well so far on this thread we've seen people who between them have supported the club for years and years labelled; smug, morons, not fans, keyboard warriors etc etc. In return sensible, reasonable questions have been asked, quite simple ones that the club could answer quite quickly. No one slagging people off has acknowledged these appropriate questions, just simply resorted to insult after insult towards people who are genuinely concerned for the future of the club.

And we are regularly led to believe that OVFers who are against the board are the ones slagging others who dont share their views off.

spot on

it was exactly the same at chesterfield away last season, violence against people holding a banner..............

surely its every persons right to ask sensible questions and then point out when answers are not given ? it appears this does not sit easily with some

In fairness, this thread has gone completely off-topic. I was angry because of the damaging rumour that was started by somebody about impending administration which is clearly not true and that was my only point. They will not come on here and admit they are wrong - these people never do. Doubtless rumours like these cause uncertainty and worry for both employees, sponsors and supporters of the club - they do the club harm. Fact.

I also have doubts about the new board, I don't profess to know much about them and yes, I have my doubts too. What ****** me off is the baseless rumour peddling and nasty hostility to a board that has been in place for less than a month. I will also stand by my thought that some people are that obsessed by the politics of the club they are willing PVFC to fail and delight in it when it happens. Not all, but some.

In fairness, this thread has gone completely off-topic. I was angry because of the damaging rumour that was started by somebody about impending administration which is clearly not true and that was my only point. They will not come on here and admit they are wrong - these people never do. Doubtless rumours like these cause uncertainty and worry for both employees, sponsors and supporters of the club - they do the club harm. Fact.

I also have doubts about the new board, I don't profess to know much about them and yes, I have my doubts too. What ****** me off is the baseless rumour peddling and nasty hostility to a board that has been in place for less than a month. I will also stand by my thought that some people are that obsessed by the politics of the club they are willing PVFC to fail and delight in it when it happens. Not all, but some.

Why are you so convinced that the rumours regarding admin are false? It is my understanding that the 3 loan players are having their wages paid by their own clubs NOT Vale. What has changed?

After ignoring my reply you again say "clearly" . Please explain your evidence to show how clear it is. I dont see any any proof EITHER WAY, SO HOW CAN IT BE CLEAR.

Margaret Thatcher and the Queen are going to die.

Are you going to say that clearly isnt true because it hasnt happenned yet?

It was a week or so ago that there was a thread on here started by somebody with a rumour that PVFC was 'on the brink' of administration. Various people and sources were quoted that we were 'days or weeks' away from administration. Since then, we have signed 3 players on loan, introduced a cut-price ticket offer that will certainly lose money in the hope of getting more fans returning and confirmed a pre-season tour to Florida before next season. These things stacked up don't suggest that we're 'on the brink'. No doubt this will come as a huge dissapointment to the many on here that now seem to be willing the club as a whole to fail.

I am not saying I am at all happy with current and past goings on at the club, however, i wonder if the rumour-starters and rumour-stokers might like to use this opportunity to apologise about the innacuracies that they spread. Maybe they would also like to give our new chairman more than 3 weeks in the job before they unleash their full hatred on the new regime?

Couldn't agree more and have posted similar.

Also a recurring rumour is that PD & PM have not paid for shares out of their own pockets. Who knows one way or the other but give them the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise and certainly refrain from the name calling.

After ignoring my reply you again say "clearly" . Please explain your evidence to show how clear it is. I dont see any any proof EITHER WAY, SO HOW CAN IT BE CLEAR.

They dont call you 'nasty nick' for nothing:laugh:

Also a recurring rumour is that PD & PM have not paid for shares out of their own pockets. Who knows one way or the other but give them the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise and certainly refrain from the name calling.

It was mentioned on RS last week that the shares had not been paid for.But the money will be paid.But when?

What is the problem with them quashing this rumour about if they have used their own money or not.

NV, how do you know we are not far from admin? I hope the hell not but our situation of debts of 3.5M plus isn't a good one and I would imagine as someone has pointed out we have and will be close on numerous occasions. We have been making year on year loses for years and that is with far bigger gates so I would assume we are in a precarious position. You state that there are unsubstantiated rumours, well everything that many people stated has come true as in previous posts:

• No Ameriturf deal

•*No BSI investment

•*No Open meetings as promised at BGWMC

• No RW suite completion

• No improved PR

•*No proof of share purchases

Everything that we were worried about has become reality now if you want to ignore that, fine but it worries the hell out of me and many more. I have never had blind faith and always practiced a healthy dose of scepticism.

If I was a potential sponsor or thinking of doig business with the Vale I would not be blind to take up a ten or five year deal considering the clubs financial mess.

Would you book next years holiday with Thomas Cook knowing what you now about them this week?

"On the Brink.....!

I am fully aware of the reaction that this post will provoke.

Please do not ask me my source, but it's the same source that informed me the night before to tell me that Rob Lee had sold his shares to the board and not Mo. The same source that informed me Micky Adams would be back 2 weeks before the official announcement.

This is my first 'real' post in years on this site, and I have it on very good authority that Port Vale FC will be put into administration very very soon. There is absolutely no money, loans have been taken out to pay wages, and I am led to believe they are are now begging cap in hand to Mo...!"

was the original post; 26052 views 608 replies. Since locked by admin.

Couldn't agree more and have posted similar.

These have come from three or four sources all independent of each other and very close to the inner circle. Whether they are true or not I don't know but I believe them to be true.

Posters were writing on that thread that we were days from admin. We then sign 3 players on loan, we do a ticket offer that will generate less money than if we didn't do it, an american pre-season tour is confirmed. Does that sound like we're days from admin. CLEARLY, i have no evidence that we are not 'on the brink' however, neither did the poster who started the rumour in the first place.

I have no evidence that Perry Deakin is the lovechild of Colonel Gadaffi and Kylie Minogue but **** it hey? Let's start a rumour....

I am sure Nick that if we put you and Melv in a room for long enough all our problems would be solved.

Posters were writing on that thread that we were days from admin. We then sign 3 players on loan, we do a ticket offer that will generate less money than if we didn't do it, an american pre-season tour is confirmed. Does that sound like we're days from admin. CLEARLY, i have no evidence that we are not 'on the brink' however, neither did the poster who started the rumour in the first place.

I have no evidence that Perry Deakin is the lovechild of Colonel Gadaffi and Kylie Minogue but **** it hey? Let's start a rumour....

I am sure Nick that if we put you and Melv in a room for long enough all our problems would be solved.

I would much prefer to be in a stadium with 9999 other Vale fans and concentrating on the football.

Archived