onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Administration

Nottingham Valiant

Advert

You offer no balance - you just push another agenda. I sought to meet you half way and the moment I lost patience with the goings on at the club, you jumped straight on your high horse again. Your unbalanced view is that all should be positive or people should say nothing. Your main problem, as others have said, is that you believe yourself to be more intelligent than anyone else (bit like Warren). Believe it or not, we all want to see a successful club...but where is that coming from?

Answer that last question and we can move forward, until then....nothing tells me things are positive.

I'm not going to apologise for some of my messages...as I believe that some posters on here just want to see everything brushed under the carpet or ignored in the name of 'positivity' - that is their agenda and it riles me as much as much as the supposed "we want to see this fail" agenda riles you.

Mark, no, I don't believe myself to be more intelligent.....I've posted what I think we ought to be doing a number of times, and none of them are about ignoring things - but banging on about how bad it is, and about the club going into admin based on an unsubstantiated rumour is hardly raising constructive points.

That, and the fact that the explicit agenda based on two "local millionaires" keeps coming up with a combination of nostalgia and hopefulness, makes me believe ( as a few others do as well) that there are people on here who want the current incarnation of the club to fail, so that their agenda can come true.

I don't know whether the current lot can be trusted, but I'm willing to give them longer than you are to get their act together, and I'm very much in favour of getting an SC rep on the Board to get the real inside track on what's going on.

The simple fact that so many people on here see the SC rep as being a voice of opposition is what drives me to despair - why assume opposition, why assume that everything "they" are doing is wrong?

I think you know what I'm getting at - and it's that agenda that I object to - if you go into something with a slightly more open mind, then it's possible there may be positives in there. If, in the end, it turns out not to be the case, then at least WE can say we were being open and honest, as opposed to trying to undermine things.

I hope you get the point - otherwise agree to disagree

Preseason trips to America should still be on and you and other Vale fans can pay Vale some dosh and go yourselves,me personal will stick to me day trip to Blackpool ..:yes:

Edit

Preseason trip(s) to Blackpool should still be on and you and other Vale fan's can pay Vale some dosh and go yourselves.

answers a few questions, does your 13 year old daughter do all your posts? maybe after watching the x-files??? ;)

You know that your attempts at humour would have more impact if you could actually use the 'quote' button correctly, don't you?

Mark, no, I don't believe myself to be more intelligent.....I've posted what I think we ought to be doing a number of times, and none of them are about ignoring things - but banging on about how bad it is, and about the club going into admin based on an unsubstantiated rumour is hardly raising constructive points.

That, and the fact that the explicit agenda based on two "local millionaires" keeps coming up with a combination of nostalgia and hopefulness, makes me believe ( as a few others do as well) that there are people on here who want the current incarnation of the club to fail, so that their agenda can come true.

I don't know whether the current lot can be trusted, but I'm willing to give them longer than you are to get their act together, and I'm very much in favour of getting an SC rep on the Board to get the real inside track on what's going on.

The simple fact that so many people on here see the SC rep as being a voice of opposition is what drives me to despair - why assume opposition, why assume that everything "they" are doing is wrong?

I think you know what I'm getting at - and it's that agenda that I object to - if you go into something with a slightly more open mind, then it's possible there may be positives in there. If, in the end, it turns out not to be the case, then at least WE can say we were being open and honest, as opposed to trying to undermine things.

Mr Flask

I dont disagree with a lot of what you say.... just a few points.... all rumours are unsubstantiated or they wouldnt be rumours.... It seems you dont do irony... a lot of the posts re Mo are simply that with a little sarcasm too in places.... Mo isnt around he isnt in the picture he.... continue with dead parrot sketch as appropriate.....

As for more time.... how long does it take to tell the truth?

Trust is a two sided thing it needs to go both ways, telling lies does not help the situation.

I dont think anyone wants a SC rep to be in opposition just for the sake of it, I think the rep should not simply be there to make up the numbers and nod like a Churchill dog or to automatically say no, he/she should be allowed to represent the fans, no matter what they want.... but to do so effectively the rep has to know the bad as well as the good and be able to publicise that information to the SC without restraint or recrimination.

Well, we don't know whether the club is near to going into administration, do we? All we know is what people from both sides are telling us...

I'm sorry, but the history of the world is made up of people who believe in things and do their best to realise that belief. Asking people to stop believing that Mo Chaudry and Mark Sims are the best bet for this club is nonsensical. Expecting them to accept an alternative is reasonable, but when the alternative seems to be stumbling from one problem to the next does not fill anyone with confidence and certainly does not encourage anyone to think that their original belief was wrong. Again, you attack the wrong side on all of this - the burden is on the board to deliver, not on advocates for Mo/Mark to prove anything. As I said on another thread, you seem to scrutinse everything those posters who are sceptical of the current board do or say and yet turn a blind eye or seek to justify the actions and words of the current board.

I said a number of times I would give them 12 months. Funnily enough, you chose to ignore that. Then we had a number of events which convinced me that my original suspicions were correct - BSI deal seemingly on the rocks; uncertainty about share purchases; contradictory statements about players; RW Suite work suspended; Lorne St not even begun; no planning permission applied for in the case of CW. All of those are not unsubstatiated - agreed? So, when rumours come about regarding administration, what should people think? Statements from Miller, Deakin, Adams etc etc make no odds to me, its about action. Oh yes, and Oliver still has not left the club. What a list of achievements, against a backdrop of a team which has not scored for over 400 minutes, is knocked out of the FA Cup by a non-league side and which lies 12th. Tell me what I am supposed to be positive about?

I think agree is disagree is the best we can hope for here. I have a more open mind than you perhaps think, but it is very difficult to have any affection for this club at the moment, I'm sorry.

Paul, we'll have to agree to differ in that I've not seen any official statement that we are not heading for administration - official as in the Sentinel, RS or the 'Club website. However, there were, as I understand it, statements in those media from the 'Board that the BSI Deal was signed sealed and delivered. Sadly, this is now not the case.

I didn't say there had been official statements refuting admin., however a regular poster on OVF had communicated by e-mail with PD about Admin and been informed it was 'nonsense and untrue'

BSI - Don't want to labour the point but read under Investment.

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10381~2526673,00.html

Also, a phone conversation between Carpetman and PM posted on OVF in which PM says the BSI deal has not fallen through or similar.

I didn't say there had been official statements refuting admin., however a regular poster on OVF had communicated by e-mail with PD about Admin and been informed it was 'nonsense and untrue'

BSI - Don't want to labour the point but read under Investment.

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10381~2526673,00.html

Also, a phone conversation between Carpetman and PM posted on OVF in which PM says the BSI deal has not fallen through or similar.

Is this the same deakin and PM who said hank had bought his shares?

and the same two who said the BS deal was signed sealed and delivered? and said the RW suite would be finished in december?

Is this the same deakin who said he had a gentlemans agreement? and who said he would meet fans?

This is where the problem is..... they say one thing that isnt true followed by another and another and before long you assume all they say is lies..... how long does it take to tell the truth?

I don't get this RW suite deadline worry. Builds often go past deadline day, more than often in fact.

When was the sproson statue supposed to be ready? Should we sack the committee because it wasn't ready when it was promised?

What do you think about the situation with the CW project?

I don't get this RW suite deadline worry. Builds often go past deadline day, more than often in fact.

When was the sproson statue supposed to be ready? Should we sack the committee because it wasn't ready when it was promised?

When was it promised, did they set a timescale ?

However, and the very obvious point,, work has to start for any chance of any timescale being hit

Archived