onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Scott Brown - Top Man

Hagrid

Advert

Maybe we're lucky that he's so keen on being near Wolverhampton but I'm sure Aspin and Rudge would have come highly recommended by Ainsworth too

He’s messaged someone on Twitter and said that Ainsworth told him we were a ‘proper club’.

Looks a good signing. Welcome. I think We now have two good keepers. It really matters, this single problem nearly got us relegated last season.

In general Aspin and his support team have managed the post season very well so far. They are developing viable routes to signing players including local base and knowledge of non league.

One that struck me about Aspin's interview was that he said several times that players won't come here for the money. Some will moan that we can't/won't match others for wages, but what it does potentially mean is that, assuming Aspin and Rudge get the targets they want, we'll end up with a group of guys that really want to play. I think most will forgive a lack of quality if the players give everything and if Aspo can get guys in that will buy into his vision, we have something to lool forward to.

Also, top man - welcome!

The Forest Green fans are a bit salty over this!

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93962&sid=6b6f148a8dde7f308092361abb63df7f

Great signing, our biggest need and Aspin has gone out and filled it first with an excellent experienced signing. Gives me great hope for the rest of the summer.

I love the comment that Port Vale aren't any bigger than the mighty FGR:laugh:

One that struck me about Aspin's interview was that he said several times that players won't come here for the money. Some will moan that we can't/won't match others for wages, but what it does potentially mean is that, assuming Aspin and Rudge get the targets they want, we'll end up with a group of guys that really want to play. I think most will forgive a lack of quality if the players give everything and if Aspo can get guys in that will buy into his vision, we have something to lool forward to.

Also, top man - welcome!

Thats ehat happened in promotiom era. They were not getting paid and played for the shirt.

'Hardly think Colchester or Port Vale are bigger than FGR'

That made me chuckle. Are they for real.

While totally delusional the point of the poster likely suffering with some kind of brain injury, this is also a symptom of our decline during and since the V2001 era. Far bigger clubs than tinpot conference no history FGR now wrongly believe themselves to be on an even keel to us.

Unfortunately some of this mentality has wormed it's way into the psyche of some Vale fans which is very disappointing. Some now seem happy to accept embarrassment and a lack of ambition.

In reality, we missed out on the premier league play-offs by 4 points, have almost 50 seasons in the Championship, an almost 20k seater ground, however now as a result of the cretinous boardroom over the last 18 years we finished a point off bottom in l2 last season ffs.

We have the facilities and history to knock about in the Championship. ******* Burton Albion are recent occupiers ffs.

Gorm out, money and competency in.

FGR's history is no comparison to the Vale's of course. But they have an ambitious chairman pumping money into the club whilst we... don't. At present they are potentially outbidding us for players like they did with Gunning. As for the future well I'm just glad we have Aspin and Rudge in charge so we can beat little upstarts like Rovers.

Archived