onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

Dear Erniemossrules

You are only allowed 11 players on the pitch at one time.vct

Most of, if not all professional league teams use a system which I believe are called substitutes.

Hope this helps.

Iron Curtain

Wow Pythagoras has nothing on you.

You clearly state Dodds will be on the bench

Hopefully that is the case as there will now be far better players in the team especially as we have signed Miller and hopefully Kanu.We would need a lot of injuries if Dodds was in the team.

In fact I would rather see Pugh and Tonge in the team than Dodds as they are better players.

Hopefully that is the case as there will now be far better players in the team especially as we have signed Miller and hopefully Kanu.We would need a lot of injuries if Dodds was in the team.

In fact I would rather see Pugh and Tonge in the team than Dodds as they are better players.

You are just being a WUM now and not a very good one at that.

Luckily Aspin picks the team and worries about the substitutes.

You of course are entitled to your opinion, but just like Mattholl - I doubt anyone else is interested in it.x

This isn't about beating Smurf. I just thought it was unprofessional. You don't. Fine. Move on.

Alan Hansen said Utd wouldn't win anything with kids. Sir Alex said he got annoyed at bits of kids turning up for training in flash cars, headphones on and glued to their mobiles. Not at all unprofessional, unless you're levelling that at those two, as well? Now I'll move on!

Dear Erniemossrules

I see you are struggling with this.

Most of, if not all league clubs will announce the substitutes before the game.

This is when you and Matthol should feel free to stand up and boo Dodds lound and proud.

If you are brave enough.

Hope this clears up your obvious confusion.

Best

Iron Curtain

Dear Erniemossrules

You are only allowed 11 players on the pitch at one time.

Most of, if not all professional league teams use a system which I believe are called substitutes.

Hope this helps.

Iron Curtain

I think the question was why sign a player you yourself have said is unlikely to play, don’t think the concept of substitutes was required as an answer. As usual though you won’t reply properly with anything proper you will just hanker some crap or make some remark you think it witty and possibly was on the play ground

Dodds far better player than Pugh or Tonge get your head straight Tonge especially is crap. Dodds will score more than 10 goals at this level!

Luckily Aspin picks the team and worries about the substitutes.

You of course are entitled to your opinion, but just like Mattholl - I doubt anyone else is interested in it.x

Best be a sheep and agree with the rest than to say anything outside of the standard OVF like to be towed.

So far I’ve said NS would spend some money and was slated (which he then has)

I’ve said time was needed to get deals done and was told I’m a smurf lover

I’ve said I’d be disappointed with Miller which I am

I’ve said Dodds is a joke signing and someone I have no respect or time for and been slated.

Instead everyone on here has waited for the village elders to commune and give the guidance they needed to follow. However the village elders were wrong on NS spending money and the length of time taken to get deals done....fingers crossed they are right on Miller and Dodds or they are going to look pretty stupid

Dodds far better player than Pugh or Tonge get your head straight Tonge especially is crap. Dodds will score more than 10 goals at this level!

Once more Dodds has scored 10 goals or more in just 2 from 12 seasons and scored zero at this level last year

I think the question was why sign a player you yourself have said is unlikely to play, don’t think the concept of substitutes was required as an answer. As usual though you won’t reply properly with anything proper you will just hanker some crap or make some remark you think it witty and possibly was on the play ground

As the season moves on then it is important to have a good squad and a good bench,injuries and suspensions will take their toll,who would you prefer to bring on an untried under 21 year old from a premiership club, some lad who thinks he's made it or a reliable seasoned professional ?

As the season moves on then it is important to have a good squad and a good bench,injuries and suspensions will take their toll,who would you prefer to bring on an untried under 21 year old from a premiership club, some lad who thinks he's made it or a reliable seasoned professional ?

We’ve been let down by seasoned professionals for the past two seasons. Lainton, Tonge, Pugh, Paterson, Eagles barring about 4 games, Barnett, lad from Bolton who’s name I can remember all came in and stole a living. It guarantees nothing at all. Last year we loaned Harness with bags of experience and he offered very little. Vale needs fresh players, hungry players and people who want to step up and player at higher levels coming in.....not a failure returning to offer us mediocre

If we are looking at experience I still think Tonge and Pugh are better than Dodds and cover the same midfield position.Dodds is in decline and all these happy clappers who still think he will score 10 to 12 goals are going to be disappointed.As already discussed how many goals in league and cup appearances did he score last season a round ZERO in 24 games.

Chesterfield must be laughing that they have found some mug to offload him to.

Archived