The Norman Fundraising Challenge

philmpv

Advert:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know it will never happen and i know some of the comments i'll get but for me its Robbie Williams time now. we need him to buy the club not to bank roll us with his money but i just think he'll get the fans back in the ground and just having him owning the club would bring in extra money from sponsors etc

If, as Norman says, the club is losing around £150k per month and needs about £800k to tide us over in the Summer, would any right minded person want to keep ownership/control of that business. Secondly, would any right minded person want to buy it.

Either he is making money somewhere out of the business but won't admit it or he realises what a balls-up he has made when buying it and hopes it goes out of business so that he can sell off the land. Whichever way you look at, he holds all the cards and he knows it. No business can run making constant losses of £2 million per annum whatever he says.

Is the 800k for the club and he keeps the ground.

Why would you sell to the fans when Synectics have offered more.

Rob F should make contact and ask him to clarify the situation.

He will Sh@t himself if he thinks we are serious.

Again he is contradicting himself by saying he would sell to the fans as there would not be extra money to support the team if they are losing what he says.

Call his bluff.

Advert:

I dont have much but i will put a fiver a game to it .

He needs to go .

While he remains the gates will get lower and lower although thats not directly his fault as he cannot kick the ball but he has upset far to many folk for this club to peservere with him .

Smurf out

My stance remains the same - the club doesn’t get another penny until he’s gone and honest ownership in place. It’s that simple. I’ve no appetite for any gimmicks, schemes, protests and my interest in the whole club is seeping away with every passing week.

Is the 800k for the club and he keeps the ground.

Why would you sell to the fans when Synectics have offered more.

Rob F should make contact and ask him to clarify the situation.

He will Sh@t himself if he thinks we are serious.

Again he is contradicting himself by saying he would sell to the fans as there would not be extra money to support the team if they are losing what he says.

Call his bluff.

No, the £800k is the running costs of the club in the Summer, which any buyer of the club would have to find in addition to the purchase price, whether or not that included the ground or not, as I read his musings.

Anyone who gives money to the blubber monster will never see anything for it, including him going.
One way would be a loyalty card, giving discount on STs for 10 years or whatever, the money would be to the buyer not NS as it would be for running costs after he has sold.

If by some miracle £800,000 was raised then Smurthwaite would deny ever saying it, or twist it in some way to suit his current agenda. This is pure fantasy stuff. He is saying instead of protesting against me fans should be having a whip round for me, and people are taking this seriously? What's going on?!

It's like the CEO of an arms company saying why don't peace protestors raise a few hundred million for me then i won't have to make missiles for a few months and we can give world peace a try. Absolute drivel.

Advert:

A simple solution would be like many other teams do is to get the stadium renamed by a thriving buisness. Yes we are not premiersjip etc but oldham have done it.

Something needs to be done. Something similar to black and gold/starve them out.

I’d call on those who were involved in those to arrange some sort of meeting or anything just to get the ball rolling and ensure that we remove this walking heart attack from our club.

Wonder why he says the fans should raise this ,

he is the business man , the font of all knowledge yet under his stewardship on/off pitch has gone backwards yet he seems perfectly comfortable supposedly shelling out each month..wonder why he doesn't raise money as he is the man apparently..its like the king of old calling out and taxing his peasants for a war chest ..

the man thinks he is untouchable whilst he hold us to ransom and cleans out the cupboard whilst claiming the fans at to blame.

norm just get out you have made enough

Wonder why he says the fans should raise this ,

he is the business man , the font of all knowledge yet under his stewardship on/off pitch has gone backwards yet he seems perfectly comfortable supposedly shelling out each month..wonder why he doesn't raise money as he is the man apparently..its like the king of old calling out and taxing his peasants for a war chest ..

the man thinks he is untouchable whilst he hold us to ransom and cleans out the cupboard whilst claiming the fans at to blame.

norm just get out you have made enough

The core of his argument is that he will not sell the club to someone who does not have the funds to cater with the deficit of running the club. How the club is currently structured financially and why he wants to stay I haven't a clue.

As much as I hurt and as much as I totally want Smurthwaite out of our Club, I am never going to give in to him by boycotting games or staying away until he's gone. He will never get that satisfaction of belittling us fans. I am here to stay, to support Port Vale F C. I will campaign against him if there are sufficient Valiants of a similar mind. I will continue to have my opinion that he's not wanted here. I will speak my mind. I will hold onto my belief that the man is deranged and not fit to be a Football Club owner or Chairman. He will not destroy my love of my Club. It's my opinion that trying to oust him by not attending is wrong. He will not care a jot if 1000 or less fans attend home games. He will continue to stick director loans on the Club and up the sale price even more. Smurthwaite has admitted now he's here at least until we are back in Division 1. He has NO intention of leaving so we are stuck with him. Therefore what options are open to sensible, fair minded, loyal Valiants to rid the Club of the egotistical, ignorant, unwanted by the majority walking disaster? We have to make him realise we don't want him, we have to run the gauntlet of the minority who will attempt to shout us down. Anyone have any honest, legal suggestions as to how we commence to get him to understand the feeling amongst us that want him out and that would snowball amongst the many who may have similar feelings to us and are waiting to join vast numbers to make it credible? Surely if a start is made and is seen to be organised properly then those that are sitting on the fence will also join forces to present a united, huge numbered stance.

Advert:

Does anyone actually believe he would do one if that money was raised ?

It was just another of his throw away comments to make him look superior.

He's going nowhere,somehow he's doing ok out of us,dont ask me how, but if was losing the kind of money he says he is any sensible business man would cut and run,and let the new owner worry about the future.

Archived