The Norman Fundraising Challenge

philmpv

i know it will never happen and i know some of the comments i'll get but for me its Robbie Williams time now. we need him to buy the club not to bank roll us with his money but i just think he'll get the fans back in the ground and just having him owning the club would bring in extra money from sponsors etc

In truth AP, and in my opinion, Robbie doesn't need the hassle of buying PVFC. He is far more relaxed these days.

Also - and as we all know - football honeymoons these days for owners, managers and players are virtually non existent with instant success demanded.

Advert:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the 800k for the club and he keeps the ground.

Why would you sell to the fans when Synectics have offered more.

Rob F should make contact and ask him to clarify the situation.

He will Sh@t himself if he thinks we are serious.

Again he is contradicting himself by saying he would sell to the fans as there would not be extra money to support the team if they are losing what he says.

Call his bluff.

Good question EMR :yes:

The core of his argument is that he will not sell the club to someone who does not have the funds to cater with the deficit of running the club. How the club is currently structured financially and why he wants to stay I haven't a clue.

Absentee landlord comes to mind Fosse. Plus, how does he know other bidders capacity to buy and fund a football club?

Guest TommyMac

I'll say it again. Smuthwaite did NOT say he will go if £800,000 is raised or someone comes along with that amount. He said he will go if 3000 die-hard vale fans EACH pay £270 to keep the club afloat over the close season. He is saying he will go if the strength of feeling against him is such that 3000 fans will pay £270 to see the back of him. :banghead:

He knows that won't happen because he has more supporters than some on here will admit.

I'll say it again. Smuthwaite did NOT say he will go if £800,000 is raised or someone comes along with that amount. He said he will go if 3000 die-hard vale fans EACH pay £270 to keep the club afloat over the close season. He is saying he will go if the strength of feeling against him is such that 3000 fans will pay £270 to see the back of him. :banghead:

He knows that won't happen because he has more supporters than some on here will admit.

Why don't we raise the money but not give it to the club, commission a statue of a massive smurf for the park across the road with an appropriate message of disapproval attached.

Advert:

Keep giving him your money and the pain will continue.

The longer this drags on the more fans we will lose and trust me once you get used to not going, it's very easy to switch off from the whole shambles and do other things with your time and money.

*********A RALLYING CALL*************

Guys you are debating over semantics instead ideas on how to get rid of ****. The sentiment of the OP is right and is a decent idea, not sure how it would work in practice though.I think we really need to turn up the heat with peaceful protests as a start.

I think we need to really bring the plight of the club into national attention and up the ante with protests to make very clear visible statements.

Ideas -:

Barracade the entrance on match day into the ground to force kick off delays.

No fans enter the ground on match day until a certain time period after kick off.

Co-ordinated pitch invasions with sit down protests.(ironically like Coventry)

I wouldn't normally advocate such extreme measures like this but now is the time for action.We can no longer sit back and let this man kill OUR club whilst we argue amongst ourselves.The time has finally come for all Vale fans to unite,stsand together, be loud and force this man out of OUR club.

Now as I've said before I refuse to set foot in VP whilst he is owner and didn't renew my ticket since the 85 season, which is my own personal protest, but having read the points from the meeting the time has come for pro-active action.

We can no longer sit back and watch OUR club die. #smurfout

*********A RALLYING CALL*************

Guys you are debating over semantics instead ideas on how to get rid of ****. The sentiment of the OP is right and is a decent idea, not sure how it would work in practice though.I think we really need to turn up the heat with peaceful protests as a start.

I think we need to really bring the plight of the club into national attention and up the ante with protests to make very clear visible statements.

Ideas -:

Barracade the entrance on match day into the ground to force kick off delays.

No fans enter the ground on match day until a certain time period after kick off.

Co-ordinated pitch invasions with sit down protests.(ironically like Coventry)

I wouldn't normally advocate such extreme measures like this but now is the time for action.We can no longer sit back and let this man kill OUR club whilst we argue amongst ourselves.The time has finally come for all Vale fans to unite,stsand together, be loud and force this man out of OUR club.

Now as I've said before I refuse to set foot in VP whilst he is owner and didn't renew my ticket since the 85 season, which is my own personal protest, but having read the points from the meeting the time has come for pro-active action.

We can no longer sit back and watch OUR club die. #smurfout

Why did you stop renewing in 85? And how good would it have to get for you to renew?

Advert:

Sorry guys I had a touch of the Smurfs when typing !To clarify this season is the first time I have not renewed my ticket - I had previously had a ticket every season starting in the 85 season

What we need is a massive banner saying "Norman out" or something equally succinct. Lie it across the car park by Tommy Cheadles or whatever it is called now and take an aerial photo with a drone so it is legible and you can tell it is at Vale Park, then distribute it via appropriate media....

Advert:

Archived