onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

58 days....

TylerB

Not one person here was saying that our squad was not good enough or "non league fodder" when we had a good run of form for a month or so. And the only players we don't have that we did then are Gunning and Anderson! Granted our squad leaves a lot to be desired but you could say that about most teams in the league. We should be performing better than we have been doing this year, 100%.

We've had too many crap team selections and crap tactics, both home and away, under Aspin of late. He is largely responsible for that.

But who else would you have as manager? Like I've said, were currently 14th in the league table since Aspo took over, and that's with not winning in 9 games.Whitfield not performing since the Luton game has played a big part in Vales winless run too.

Lets just get 45 points, then lets judge Aspin on next season with his own squad. And lets also hope Smurfs not here next season also, so we can have a chairman that will back Aspin yeh.

Advert

Could very easily have been many reasons not necessarily down to the budget for the January window. People automatically seem to be stating that Norman was scrimping in the winter window but I don't think this has to be the case. I've said it before but I believe Norman's actions re Page could have disuaded players from joining us far more than wages offered last month.

I'm sure they wouldn't play Tonge and Pugh in midfield and isolate our only real goal threat.

Mr h, many, many players have signed for vale since smurf’s Chess playing days so that tends to refute that theory.

The reason why michael brown and aspo couldn’t attract their first choice players to vale is more than likely money and given his recent windfall there is no excuse in the latest jan window.

And many many more have turned us down.

We're never going to get to the bottom of it, many think NS has been withholding an adequate budget, others believe that the damage was reputational (is that a word?) (also caused by Norman) along with other factors. Obviously there's a common denominator. Having said all that, it doesn't change the fact that Aspin is choosing inept players in dreary formations playing turgid football. He's brought below par players in, ostracised players who might have done a decent job for us and benched creativity in favour of whatever it is he believes that Tonge and Pugh bring to the team. I think he's very lucky that everyone's gunning for Norman as he's dropping ******** as far as I'm concerned.

Mr h, many, many players have signed for vale since smurf’s Chess playing days so that tends to refute that theory.

The reason why michael brown and aspo couldn’t attract their first choice players to vale is more than likely money and given his recent windfall there is no excuse in the latest jan window.

In our division there are plenty of teams top to bottom with mixed to poor squads. What we need to show is discipline, fight and courage. All the things I thought that Aspin could instil but he has not. These players are good enough to have finished mid table in my view so the missing link is attitude something that Aspin must somehow address. Newport are mid table and in my view didn’t for the most part have better players than us, in fact none that I would want. In fact seen all the home games this season and only a few players of any class have appeared, so it is playing to a pattern and reducing individual mistakes allied to commitment.

A good manager gets the best out of the individuals has and helps them to continue to improve their game....... every single player has gone backwards under Aspin some of which had made decent progress and I personally believe he has as much if not more ability in the squad than most managers in this division he simply has no idea how to get them playing.

In our division there are plenty of teams top to bottom with mixed to poor squads. What we need to show is discipline, fight and courage. All the things I thought that Aspin could instil but he has not. These players are good enough to have finished mid table in my view so the missing link is attitude something that Aspin must somehow address. Newport are mid table and in my view didn’t for the most part have better players than us, in fact none that I would want. In fact seen all the home games this season and only a few players of any class have appeared, so it is playing to a pattern and reducing individual mistakes allied to commitment.
Hear hear

Surely Adam Yates if not injured can do a whole lot better than any of the clowns we’ve had at LB and RB this campaign we need his experience ,something Pugh nor tonge have managed to gain in their years at the sjoke

After his horrific injury i doubt he is anywhere near !!! Had face reconstruction and numerous operations hasn't he?

It’s been a fair few weeks but fair enough maybe he’s nowhere near

He was a commentator with the plonker Blakeman as i sat in the car before kick off a few weeks ago and sounded like he has had a right time with it. Think first and foremost he wants to be 100 % as a human being and healthy before even contemplating playing again.

He was a commentator with the plonker Blakeman as i sat in the car before kick off a few weeks ago and sounded like he has had a right time with it. Think first and foremost he wants to be 100 % as a human being and healthy before even contemplating playing again.

Well I wish him well and hope he has a speedy recovery , thanks for that

A good manager gets the best out of the individuals has and helps them to continue to improve their game....... every single player has gone backwards under Aspin some of which had made decent progress and I personally believe he has as much if not more ability in the squad than most managers in this division he simply has no idea how to get them playing.
Was he not up for manager of the month for December... Just remind me how many points did we drop in December was it 1 by any chance.

So let me get this right because of the outstanding December's run of results Aspin has now changed his tactics and his attitude and everything else that goes with the territory just so he can have this sh*te run we are going through. Behave yourself.

I'm no Pugh or Tonge supporter and for what its worth IMO neither should be any where near the squad let alone be playing but I don't see them training day in day out. So IMO if they justify playing before Harness and or Whitfield how sh*'te must they be.

Archived