onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

58 days....

TylerB

That's how many days it was when we put high flyers Luton to the sword at Vale Park, and many were thinking that we could storm up the league and perhaps make a genuine late play-off push. Myself included, I'll hold my hands up. Absolutely no one on this site that's now complaining that our squad is woeful, and refusing to put any blame on the manager, were saying the same thing then. Not one.

So what the hell has happened in such a short space of time? Awful tactics. Bad team selections. A horrid January window in which we didn't bring in what we needed. Now I'm sure the blame for that goes to one person alone, the chairman, who we all know is a bit of a parasite when it comes to being a chairman. But we only lost a couple of players, including Gavin Gunning, and I'm not having it for a moment that he was the difference between that performance than the absolute dross we've had to endure since. Both the players and the manager have been failing miserably of late, that much is clear, and yet because Aspin is a club legend and one of the best defenders the club has ever had to some he's beyond criticism, which is just ridiculous. Some of the performances of late have been every bit as bad as the one's we had to tolerate under Gannon, Bruno and Brown, which is extremely worrying.

Advert

Agree with that, as I've said before although clearly we did need strengthening i'd argue that the squad is more unbalanced now than when he took over and the fact that every players form has plummeted not just a couple but EVERY one of them it is indeed worrying and it's clear that Aspin can't get the best of the players he's got regardless of needing bring reinforcements in.

Don't waste any post to have a go at Aspo. Are you real??

Agree with that, as I've said before although clearly we did need strengthening i'd argue that the squad is more unbalanced now than when he took over and the fact that every players form has plummeted not just a couple but EVERY one of them it is indeed worrying and it's clear that Aspin can't get the best of the players he's got regardless of needing bring reinforcements in.

Don't waste any post to have a go at Aspo. Are you real??

Is he wrong in what he's saying though? Obviously in your opinion he is, but that doesn't make it a fact. We have been absolutely awful this year as of yet and as manager of the football club Aspin has to take his share of the blame for that. He picks the side and tells them how to play. I've seen nothing lately to make me think we'll suddenly turn the corner, absolutely zilch.

It did not take 58 days for the spirit to go out of the team. Aspin came in, when we had 5 points, to turn the team around so that we would still have a fighting chance at Xmas so that advantage of the January transfer market could be taken. 2 defenders we lost, 1 to a L1 club the other to a higher payer. Not only did we not strengthen the team, we did not get similar replacements. The message to the players "Well done, now work harder with less" Whether Aspin can drag them up again I do not know.

We can't afford sack him he did have to walk then see what applicants we get

OK, its sheer madness to hope a manager walks with only 9 weeks left of a season and then wait to see who applys to replace him. So if you don't want him sacked can you stop obsessing about him in every post?

Is he wrong in what he's saying though? Obviously in your opinion he is, but that doesn't make it a fact. We have been absolutely awful this year as of yet and as manager of the football club Aspin has to take his share of the blame for that. He picks the side and tells them how to play. I've seen nothing lately to make me think we'll suddenly turn the corner, absolutely zilch.

I'm not knocking Aspo I welcomed him getting the job and uptill the end of the year, he was better than sliced bread. So what's happened? Gunning's gone but was he that good?, his head must be bigger than Birkenhead seeing Vales run.

Has as been said Aspo is manager he picks the team, his coaches take the training, yet we are where we are... after every match he says " it was not good enough", ok they are not his players but nearly all from before Christmas are still here,

We all know ns is the cause of it, but can't Aspo get the players motivated they are the ones kicking the ball on match days...if any aren't giving there all drop them, play a young player at least then we might win if we don't what have we lost, Aspo doesn't play Regis cause he's a disruptive influence so he can drop players.

Teams play us know block out Pope and they can get the 3 points, but whats the alternative? we havn't tried any, if Pope ends up needing surgery before the end of the season someones going to have to come on, why not work on this now...

We are loosing fans and we wont be able tice them back in div2 or God forbid non-league.

OK, its sheer madness to hope a manager walks with only 9 weeks left of a season and then wait to see who applys to replace him. So if you don't want him sacked can you stop obsessing about him in every post?
When Aspin took over he got an instant reaction if that were to happen again then we wud be safe simple as.

When Aspin took over he got an instant reaction if that were to happen again then we wud be safe simple as.

Its certainly simple I agree.

Its totally unrealistic to think that a manager will continue to have success all the time, but you can't keep getting rid of managers every time they have a bad run.

We had some continuity and were building slowly after Adams left. Since then its been a mess and IMO now is the time to stick with someone to give them time to build something for the future. This mess isn't going to be solved in a season, anyone with some common sense and footballing knowledge would realise we were going to be hard pushed to get out of this league at the first attempt, it might take more than next season even.

Or we keep sacking managers year after year and basically stay in a perpetual loop of rebuilding a squad year in year out because they aren't the new managers players.

Its certainly simple I agree.

Its totally unrealistic to think that a manager will continue to have success all the time, but you can't keep getting rid of managers every time they have a bad run.

We had some continuity and were building slowly after Adams left. Since then its been a mess and IMO now is the time to stick with someone to give them time to build something for the future. This mess isn't going to be solved in a season, anyone with some common sense and footballing knowledge would realise we were going to be hard pushed to get out of this league at the first attempt, it might take more than next season even.

Or we keep sacking managers year after year and basically stay in a perpetual loop of rebuilding a squad year in year out because they aren't the new managers players.

I totally see your point and if we were safe I wud totally agree but things are getting serious now, wud the best option be to accept we are relegated and let Aspo build from non league or take a gamble that a new manager may come in a just possibly cause an instant reaction to pick up just about enough points? Tough one.

It did not take 58 days for the spirit to go out of the team. Aspin came in, when we had 5 points, to turn the team around so that we would still have a fighting chance at Xmas so that advantage of the January transfer market could be taken. 2 defenders we lost, 1 to a L1 club the other to a higher payer. Not only did we not strengthen the team, we did not get similar replacements. The message to the players "Well done, now work harder with less" Whether Aspin can drag them up again I do not know.

We lost two players, Gavin ******* Gunning being one of them! He did alright but by no means was ever the difference for us, and is more than likely missed more for his character than anything he could do on a football pitch. The other was Tom Anderson who again did alright but was never someone who makes a real difference for us. Our best players were and are Worrall, Whitfield and Pope, and we still have all of them at out football club.

Aspin started well with us but how many times have we seen that at various football clubs over the years, the 'new manager' effect that boosts a side for a handful of games. It happens all the time at clubs up and down the country. He's obviously handicapped by the chairman but Aspin and Aspin alone is responsible for the teams performances of late.

I totally see your point and if we were safe I wud totally agree but things are getting serious now, wud the best option be to accept we are relegated and let Aspo build from non league or take a gamble that a new manager may come in a just possibly cause an instant reaction to pick up just about enough points? Tough one.

Firstly we're not relegated, secondly he isn't going to walk, thirdly we're not going to sack him and finally who would come in IF he went because its too late in the season.

Archived