onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

No one knows what 'the people' want, that's why the government is having a civil war. Leave the EU was the slight majority, no further detail so no one knows if that means hard, soft or parboiled Brexit.

As I said way back in this thread no one is going to get what they voted for. Worse than that we'll all suffer for it too.

Well Davis, Boris and Rees Mogg have said exactly what Brexit meant today and yesterday. They seem to know.

It's completely disingenuous to make up that people didn't know what brexit they were voting for. There is no such thing as hard or soft. It's brexit, or it's not. Brexit was the winner. There is no alternative, there is no voting on what brexit means, it means we leave the EU. It's really quite simple.

Come on then, hard Brexit leavers, is this what you really want and do you think all leavers want this? I very much doubt it.[ATTACH]333[/ATTACH]

So laughable.

You do know that if we leave the EU those bull **** points don't become automatic policy?

In fact we can have a debate and vote for a representative that thinks the direct opposite of those. WE GET CONTROL.

What point are you trying to make?

Not going to Europe I hope?!!

Where else would I go?! Europe... The most culturally compatible place for a Brit to turn too! I'll just go where the weathers nice, the place is clean, the cost of living isn't extortionate and the people arnt proud of being numb as they come!

I'd be welcomed with open arms anywhere I want to go, especially when I take my big fat wages with me and blow it all on reasonably priced beer!

Well Davis, Boris and Rees Mogg have said exactly what Brexit meant today and yesterday. They seem to know.

It's completely disingenuous to make up that people didn't know what brexit they were voting for. There is no such thing as hard or soft. It's brexit, or it's not. Brexit was the winner. There is no alternative, there is no voting on what brexit means, it means we leave the EU. It's really quite simple.

There are people who voted to stop Muslim immigration from outside the eu. So I’d argue that it isn’t that disingenuous.

So laughable.

You do know that if we leave the EU those bull **** points don't become automatic policy?

In fact we can have a debate and vote for a representative that thinks the direct opposite of those. WE GET CONTROL.

What point are you trying to make?

Could we not vote for our representatives before?

And his point was about the type of person, not that it would suddenly become law.

But if a second referendum voted to reverse the first, wouldn’t that be what the people want? Would it be wrong for people to change their mind now they have seen the reality? It sounds like you aren’t confident leave would win?

And we have a choice between mays **** deal, a no deal and this imaginary deal that ‘everyone wants’ yet the EU won’t agree to (but hey, it will give a convenient excuse for leavers when it goes **** up).

I'm extremely confident that logic and reason would win, again.

It will be a gross miss use of power for a Government to stall and intentionally **** democracy up so badly that the people change their minds. I cannot believe anyone would actually wish for that to happen.

What happens next time a big issue comes up and you are on the winning side? Would you be happy for the policy to be sabotaged until the people vote against it again?

Archived