onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

From my limited knowledge of events I'd probably say that Abbott has been promoted above her station but so too have half the current Cabinet.

The difference is, of course, that if she makes a mistake or does something wrong or says something off the cuff it's immediately on the front page of the Mail and Express and shouted from the rooftops by every right wing commentator alive, so she's never out of the spotlight and never shown in a good light.

This is to do with her colour and her sex but also because the Establishment hate her because she's left wing.

But there is clearly more to her than meets the eye. She was the first ever female black MP and her constituents greatly value her. Her majority went up by 11,000 votes last time out and over 76% of her voters voted for her. So perhaps a measure of balance should be called for. I'm not holding my breath.

7 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

What lie have I told?

You agreed 100% with Mario who said Abbott brings it on herself.  Ergo you have made apology for racist and sexist abuse even though you call it abhorrent.  I suggest you either clarify your back handed condemnation or stop crying about it.

Well I have not apologised for racist and sexist abuse so that is one lie. 

I suggest you stop telling lies, actually engage in discussion rather than falsely trying void other peoples opinion.

7 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Why would she?

Answer my questions for a change.

4 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Has Diane Abbott made significantly more mistakes than any other politician? No.

Has Diane Abbott made mistakes of greater significance than any other politician? No.

So why does Diane Abbott get a far far greater proportion of abuse, and more racist and misogynistic abuse than any other politician? 

Yes. 

Depends on how you define significance

Depends on your answers to the first two questions

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Because she invites abuse apparantly.

No one invites abuse.

But are there any other factors in the abuse that she gets, other than her race and gender? Yes. Quite clearly.

45 minutes ago, TheSage said:

From my limited knowledge of events I'd probably say that Abbott has been promoted above her station but so too have half the current Cabinet.

The difference is, of course, that if she makes a mistake or does something wrong or says something off the cuff it's immediately on the front page of the Mail and Express and shouted from the rooftops by every right wing commentator alive, so she's never out of the spotlight and never shown in a good light.

This is to do with her colour and her sex but also because the Establishment hate her because she's left wing.

But there is clearly more to her than meets the eye. She was the first ever female black MP and her constituents greatly value her. Her majority went up by 11,000 votes last time out and over 76% of her voters voted for her. So perhaps a measure of balance should be called for. I'm not holding my breath.

I wonder if nofkinclue is going to start calling TheSage a horrendous racist apologist? That's 4 different "apologies" for racist abuse according to the logic being applied to me.

I agree though Sage. There are other factors at play and you've listed some. Does it make it right? No. Does it mean that you and I support them? No. Does it make us racist to point them out? No.

It's actually quite easy to understand.

5 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Has Diane Abbott made significantly more mistakes than any other politician?

18 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Yes. 

5 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Has Diane Abbott made mistakes of greater significance than any other politician?

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Depends on how you define significance

If you had any credibility whatsoever left on here, I'd say this was the point at which you finally lost it. You have Chris Grayling (as has already been pointed out) who has a list of catastrophic errors as long your arm, some of which cost us all millions, you have Theresa May and Amber Rudd who between them oversaw the deportation of British citizens to places they'd never even visited, there's Boris Johnson and his long history of errors that saw the likes of the millions wasted on the garden bridge and the increased sentence for poor Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe but people like you continue to single out Diane Abbott. 

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I can’t believe that anyone with half a brain thinks there is no racist element in the abuse Abbott gets. 

And people try and deny it by portraying her as some ultra disaster-prone joke. I just googled 'list of Diane Abbott's mistakes' and the second result is her mistakenly referring to a half-marathon as a marathon. Ooh, what a complete liability!

Found another one of Diane's "gaffes".

When Labour MP Keith Vaz stood up in the Commons to praise the-then Home Secretary Alan Johnson in 2009, Ms Abbott was caught on camera making loud slurping noises and giggling.

Her response was taken to imply she thought the MP was trying to suck up to the frontbench.

The slurping sounds, picked up by the microphones in the House, prompted Mr Johnson to turn around and laugh in the direction of both Ms Abbott and Mr Vaz.

The monster!

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

That is a terrible attempt to try and drag Sage down to your level.  He has pointed out what makes her such a target not given excuses.  Previously it was pointed out that she receives racist and sexist abuse, Mario said she invites it on herself (which of course Sage hasnt) and you 100% agreed with Mario.

Name calling too, your head has clearly gone.  Perhaps you should just calm down a bit.

Thought so, one rule for your "side" and one rule for the rest.

Same thing happens on this site every time when people, losing an argument, try to invoke the racism card. Their logic ends is put back to them and they end up defending the same behaviour that they're desperately trying to label as offensive.

When Sage does it he's pointing out reasons she is targetted, when I do it I'm excusing racists? What on earth are you talking about.

Why do you keep saying I 100% agreed with Mario? Is that another lie? What happens if I only 99% agreed?

Is it name calling when I've demonstrated that you've got no clue?

49 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Seems I hit a nerve pointing out your head has gone.

It's weird you are clinging to this 100% lie.

How we can go from me clearly saying that Abbott receives racist and sexist abuse to you asking whether I'm in deniel that racism and sexism exists is beyond me.

The mental gymnastics is staggering.

Please stop the lies about me.

3 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

It's in black and white that you said you 100% agree with Mario.

Racism card?  So racism is just a card for people to play now is it?  Perhaps put your shovel down?

You are beginning to look desperate now RB, seriously take some time out to calm your head because it's clearly gone.

Haha I genuinely think you are having a breakdown.

The best line from your post is the one you have stolen from me. You don't have the same execution mind.

"So racism is just a card for people to play now is it? "

It is a card when people lie about racism because they can't win an unrelated argument online.

Dianne Abbott gets criticism because she is clueless.Not because she is black and clueless.Can someone post the league table of who gets the most abuse.It seems that some people seem to be able to state that some people get more abuse than others.BTW ,Abbotts’ kids went to private school.

Archived