onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

3-3, I wish

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Every chance of Swindon scoring three goals against the Vale who have no left sided defenders.

Difficult for the Vale to score three goals if they are pegged back in their own half for most of the time with one striker up front on his own.

Still, we never can tell. Swindon may have an off day and be goal shy.

VFIA is widely known on here as raising a chuckle or two. Imo his attempts to shake players into realising fans care and simply want to see effort and passion, even if there is a shortage of talent or skill, have come across this time in a possibly over excited state. He is an ardent Valiant simply showing too much of his frustration. It would be a shame and a loss of mirth and light hearted banter if he chose to not post anymore due to a mis- phrased section of his recent understandable concern of Vale's current plight.

To be honest I think we will see a different Vale side out there against Swindon Saturday and they will be confident going into this game knowing what Neil Aspin is expecting of them. This will turn around our fortunes I hope and our players will be up for this game and show the form they had in December. The bad luck we have had in some games we have lost and should not have done were games where players were putting their all into the cause. The only exclusion being the last two games where we were dreadful so I think we have to get off the players backs and this game get behind them. They must know what is required and as long as they all give their best and play like they mean to win the game is all that matters. I want to see commitment all over the pitch and a die hard attitude then we have a chance. I will go for port vale to win 2 -1 and even if we do not achieve that win I for one will be happy if all the players perform like we know they can

I've got to get one right sometime. Something tells me though that it won't be this time.

Maybe you should lose some of that ill gotten optimism. I’m not sure where you get it from but sure the Coven air is affecting your judgement. Good to see you’ve still got your sense of humour though. UTV

Maybe you should lose some of that ill gotten optimism. I’m not sure where you get it from but sure the Coven air is affecting your judgement. Good to see you’ve still got your sense of humour though. UTV

Why knock people who care and have hope. The manager, players and fans need to pull together as never before. Then at the end of the season get rid of Smurth the real cancer in our club.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Why knock people who care and have hope. The manager, players and fans need to pull together as never before. Then at the end of the season get rid of Smurth the real cancer in our club.

Not knocking him, we are good mates - just a bit of banter. I notice though that you were a bit quiet last weekend following the heavy defeat at Cheltenham.

Really there performances disgust me .

I dont dislike stoke ,look at all the goals what go in against us ,watch the games these players do not die for the shirt .

The last time i saw a Vale player throw himself at a ball and stop it going in was Enoch Andoh v Sheffield Utd when uche scored in a 2 -1 win .

We will be relegated if we persevere with these players .

Accrington 3 attempts 3 goals ,Mansfield 4 attempts 4 goals Grimsby 2 attempts 2 goals .

Do i need go on watch the games .

Committment really they talk the talk but dont walk the walk .

Just shows how frustrating it is watching Vale this season.

Decembers results raised our hopes but what a dismal January.

Everyone has there own opinion of who should be in the team but really Pugh has the experience and is probably the best left back we have at the moment.

Tongue again is probably good enough to hold his midfield position and at least puts his foot on the ball and can make a decent pass.Both Smith and Gibbons have been good but seem to be struggling to find the form they had before Christmas

Again they are probably the best we have for those positions.

A good result against Swindon would make a big difference and I am sure Aspin and the players are aware of this.

This set of players bar none have no guts for a fight and have no skill to get them out of trouble that have no desire to please aspin or the fans I think they should all hang their heads in shame going on their recent performances we will get beat at Swindon by two goals or more for the reasons set out above 0-2 or more cus we haven’t got a goal scorer so we will be 0 whatever happens sorry to say

Gunning was not the greatest player but he tried as best has he could , there has to be a connection between gunning going and our form since surely it’s the dressing room not liking the way gunning was treated, maybe I’m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Not knocking him, we are good mates - just a bit of banter. I notice though that you were a bit quiet last weekend following the heavy defeat at Cheltenham.

I was because it stunned me and hard to say anything positive, before the match I thought we would win. At this stage I don’t see what slagging players off will achieve so good or bad going to give them support to keep them out of an even lower division. In the last seven games the players haven’t played for the fans and haven’t played as a team or Aspin. I cannot understand how they train all week to lose 5-1. These players and management should realise they will be held responsible forever if we get relegated, but still think we should stay up.

This set of players bar none have no guts for a fight and have no skill to get them out of trouble that have no desire to please aspin or the fans I think they should all hang their heads in shame going on their recent performances we will get beat at Swindon by two goals or more for the reasons set out above 0-2 or more cus we haven’t got a goal scorer so we will be 0 whatever happens sorry to say

Gunning was not the greatest player but he tried as best has he could , there has to be a connection between gunning going and our form since surely it’s the dressing room not liking the way gunning was treated, maybe I’m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Haven’t got a goal scorer what’s Pope then, only a few scored more in our division. Gunning was and is a nomad and a loose cannon. We have lost matches because players like Smith, Gibbons and Whitfield have lost form. Even when we were playing well we still needed to sort out the goal keeper situation. What we need is the players to get their mojo back and play like they did against Coventry and Luton. We have to believe that they can get back to that.

Haven’t got a goal scorer what’s Pope then, only a few scored more in our division. Gunning was and is a nomad and a loose cannon. We have lost matches because players like Smith, Gibbons and Whitfield have lost form. Even when we were playing well we still needed to sort out the goal keeper situation. What we need is the players to get their mojo back and play like they did against Coventry and Luton. We have to believe that they can get back to that.

I agree on pope but we need more banging it in not just pope and they have to believe it not us we hope

Archived