onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

past 2 home performances

Mow Cop Valiants

Advert

Does that mean 4-4-2 and in your face football Fred?

I certainly didnt mind that this time last year.

I didn't mind it myself bud.....square pegs in square holes is a start. A settled back four, width, Yates badly needs someone in front of him to work with as a pair.

A plan 'B'.

And yes, I know I' ll get slaughtered for this but I really do believe the club misses Fraser. He wasn't the best player by any stretch of the imagination, but he definitely was a leader both on and off the pitch.

Swindonw were no great shakes today bud, in fact having gone 1-0 up I thought they became one of the poorest teams to visit Vale Park for a while, but they did what they needed to to win the game, and believe me, they didn't need to break sweat to do it.

Football's a simple game, played by simple folk, watched by simple folk. Today each and every player apart from McDonald (until the introduction of Dodds and Roberts) seemed totally uneasy with the ball, almost as if it were a lit firework.

I don't have all the answers bud, but then again I'm not the one paid to have.

I didn't mind it myself bud.....square pegs in square holes is a start. A settled back four, width, Yates badly needs someone in front of him to work with as a pair.

A plan 'B'.

And yes, I know I' ll get slaughtered for this but I really do believe the club misses Fraser. He wasn't the best player by any stretch of the imagination, but he definitely was a leader both on and off the pitch.

Swindonw were no great shakes today bud, in fact having gone 1-0 up I thought they became one of the poorest teams to visit Vale Park for a while, but they did what they needed to to win the game, and believe me, they didn't need to break sweat to do it.

Football's a simple game, played by simple folk, watched by simple folk. Today each and every player apart from McDonald (until the introduction of Dodds and Roberts) seemed totally uneasy with the ball, almost as if it were a lit firework.

I don't have all the answers bud, but then again I'm not the one paid to have.

I agree about the lack of a leader Fred.

There isnt one player to galvanise the side when the chips are down.

We have too many players who dont dig in.

Never thought I'd say it but the player we miss at the moment is Kris Taylor. The lack of cover for Collins is really hurting which almost forces MA not to play a back four.

Kris Taylor got shipped out. Mike Green got brought in.

Taylor was no world beater but he was a damn sight better than a naive kid with no defensive qualities whatsoever, who has now been shipped out on loan to the league he came from.

Que sera.

Thats bull****.

The best strikers make things happen.

Im not saying he should or shouldnt have been subbed as i wasnt there but your statement is nonsense.

Total boll***s never mind bull. A striker is only as good as the service he gets, if he drops deep to get involved in the play/make thinks happen than he isn't up front when the ball is retrieved and played forward. If the striker(s) continually drop back the team loses its shape and poor disorganised play results.

Even a top quality striker converts only one in every three chances, even Gerd Mueller missed occaisionally.

The best midfielders make things happen.

Never thought I'd say it but the player we miss at the moment is Kris Taylor. The lack of cover for Collins is really hurting which almost forces MA not to play a back four.

Sting said it 15 minutes after he was out the door, an outrageous decision that we are paying for by the week.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Marc told me last season that Kris Tater was the best crosser of a ball at the club:yes:

You say sub Ricco. Ever questioned the service he gets? A striker is only as good as the balls he is fed.

he wasnt the only one who was poor but his control was terrible today he didnt seem interested.(like quite a few others )

Dodds came on and the ball was been lumped up to the fronti 2 in the air he had little chance of getting the ball against a 6ft 4in ?centre half thats why i wud off taken Ricco off instead of Pope

Popey at least had a chance

Total boll***s never mind bull. A striker is only as good as the service he gets, if he drops deep to get involved in the play/make thinks happen than he isn't up front when the ball is retrieved and played forward. If the striker(s) continually drop back the team loses its shape and poor disorganised play results.

Even a top quality striker converts only one in every three chances, even Gerd Mueller missed occaisionally.

The best midfielders make things happen.

the problem was we had no midfield .

yates is not a midfielder neithers Taylor, griff didnt dare tackle after getting booked that left Loft

Thats bull****.

The best strikers make things happen.

Im not saying he should or shouldnt have been subbed as i wasnt there but your statement is nonsense.

I disagree, a goalscorer like richards isn't going to run about the pitch, he is there to score goals and he won't do that with the service that we give him, I'd say its the best midfielders that make things happen.

Richards has been poor the last two home games but saying that he scored 2 against Rotherham and also got the opener against Bristol.

I don't want to slate him but i think his all round game is poor and he strolls around the pitch not wanting to know if things are not going his way most of the time.

He's on great wages and i hear people saying 'who else would score the goals if Rico was not here'

Well i would think another striker on 1800 quid a week would have a pretty good go!!

Funny that defeats against Southend,Shrewsbury least we showed heart,super Marc Richards comes back and surprise surprise we turn in 2off the worst home displays for many a month,we have stopped looking like a team full of goals.

Coincidence Richards lovers i think not he is not as good as he thinks he is.

Perhaps we should bring back malbon in his place eh? He may have had a bad game on Saturday but he is one of about 3-4 players we have who are good enough, and one of those is an alcoholic!

Archived