onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Fosse69

Advert

why did we change keeper at the last minute? Shouldn't Aspo just have put Boot in (in retrospect, I know...)

The Swindon home game is the only one where we didn't perform and like Hagrid alluded to I wonder how much of that was down to the change of keeper at the last minute. We are on a good run at the moment, and although its going to be a hard game tonight, hopefully we can take something from it. But the Oxford performance recently gave me the belief that we can beat anyone in this league.

Just to see Evans face if we win will make my week, especially if Pope scores.

Looking at those pictures on this thread, I'm not sure I want to see Evans face any more. Horrible criminal tax cheat and vile person who has calmed down just a bit recently, but that does not absolve him in any way for having some managerial ability in my book.

He IS a good football manager, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near Vale ever.

I'd love to win tonight to put one over on him, but a draw would not be a bad result if we play well. Very tricky game, I'm hoping for a lot but deep down not expecting it to be anything but a slog.

Another penalty or two that we score wouldn't go amiss, I read that Tom Pope scored the first Vale penalty for something like 40-odd games against Barnet (though Forrester had missed one in March this year). We don't get many though these days.

Vale 2 Mansfield 2 3,833

why did we change keeper at the last minute? Shouldn't Aspo just have put Boot in (in retrospect, I know...)
Since we have had a string of keepers in preference to Boot, Aspin would assume he was not ready, so sought another emergency keeper when Roos was injured the day before. Having had the chance to test Boot in games, he has now stuck with him, to me he was MOM on Saturday.

To tired to stay up for a 2.45am kick off... a good win would be excellent... hoping for the best.

Same...12.45 KO here...work in the morning...I'll just have to wait and see the score when I get up.....Come on Vale...hard game tonight but it would be great if we could get a cheeky 3 pointer.....wouldn't scoff at one though. COYW!

Looking forward to the game. I can't see us making any changes other than the enforced one for Kay. Given that Aspin seems to like the system of 2 holding midfielders I wouldn't be surprised if Tonge replaced Kay.

Looks to be that way reading tonight's Sentinel. Can't say the prospect of Tonge fills me with confidence - watched him at Crawley where he played well but his legs had gone by ten minutes into the second half and Crawley had a field day in midfield, pushing us right back. Personally, I would have preferred Harness to give us more energy in the middle, with Pugh in front of the back four and Denton out wide, but I dare say Aspo knows a bit more more than me! Anyway, in Aspo we trust :smile:

Archived